The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #8 her trainers work harder than she does

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And this one an excuse for what exactly..? Dumping the kids with grandparents / full time childcare so they could sit on their bums watching Netflix all week?
Sorry, I thought it was clear.

I think there are probably fairly sound reasons Alex didn’t seek treatment for her injury during her pregnancy.

Reactions: 3
She’s just aiming for sympathy and freebies. Nothing about her is genuine.

Reactions: 5
I’m giving Alex a slight pass out.

She must have carried a lot of trauma into her last pregnancy. All her cognitive and physical energy would have been spent on getting through each day of the pregnancy, giving birth to a live baby, and completing enough work to support them.

I can’t remember if they went on holidays and weekends away during her pregnancy, or if they did lots of renovations and frame painting, but I do know high risk pregnancies are all consuming.
I don’t think her pregnancy was high risk though as she had a home birth which would not be possible unless low risk. The trauma of previous loss is awful, I know it too well, and I don’t want to sound unsympathetic but I’m currently pregnant doing everything to get help with my hip pain regardless previous traumas and anxiety. I have to say I have found even my physio appointments help with the mental aspect of it, as everyone working with pregnant women in my experience is very well aware and trained to recognise cues of anxiety and know how to handle it.

Reactions: 5
Her subsequent pregnancy wasn’t high risk but I imagine it wasn’t easy. We suffered infertility so not the same but similar and I spent the night before my daughter was born googling all of the different ways a baby can die in child birth just so I could be prepared for the worst!

Having said that, my back is fucked and I managed to access physio readily in pregnancy despite a full time job and I have had treatment and reformer pilates since my kid was born & I have far far less family support and job flexibility when compared to Alex. If it was a matter of cash she’d prioritise that over the crap she buys at Tiger and doing her tit DIY.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The reason she hasn’t sorted her back until now is because she’s bleeping lazy. The end.

Reactions: 7
The reason she hasn’t sorted her back until now is because she’s bleeping lazy. The end.
And cheap! She will have spent the amount needed to see a good private GP or a physio on tat from tiger but will say it’s extortionately expensive

Reactions: 10
She is so performative. Would she be using this bag if it was from a white writer? Would she have actually bought it for herself if she’d not been given it? Has she ever posted saying that she was reading a book? View attachment 2068822
Lolling that she needs to be gifted a £12 tote bag. Sooo supportive but she won't put her hand in her pocket.

Reactions: 6
Mire groundbreaking content today - how to clean your Birkenstocks using baking powder and a toothbrush. She’d be better off using the same solution on Dopey’s head.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
COVID probably impacted her ability to seek treatment, at least at first. Her younger child was born in November 2020.

COVID probably impacted her ability to seek treatment, at least at first. Her younger child was born in November 2020.
Not sure, she said the pain started after a fall 3.5 years ago so that’s before Covid. But anyway, we’ve been out of restrictions for quite a while now so I don’t know what’s stopped her from seeking help in that time.

Reactions: 4
Possibly at first but not being able to pick up your own children for three years plus is madness. And she shares it and then because her audience suggested seeing someone about it, she is suddenly… seeing someone about it? Nah it doesn’t add up.

I think she’s either been spurred into action after comments here made her realise she visibly has the posture and gait of a 95 year old and it’s not resolving on its own. And/or realising there are sponcon / gifted treatment opportunities. Also opening up about health/medical stuff ticks the relatable/pity boxes, both useful tools for your basic instahun.

Two things.

This photo looks like she's pulled everything in the middle of the room to hoover. There's just a lot of stuff really randomly placed.

And the newsletter... when she said people should be able to survive AND thrive in work, I was like "YES!" and was expecting even one line about supporting NHS strikes or any other striking workforce... but no.

She completely missed the opportunity. I think it's probably because she is so far removed from anybody working in jobs like nursing, teaching, postal service, railway that it hasn't even crossed her mind.

What she's said about fashion/artsy jobs is true. But how can she be so blissfully unaware of the fights going on across the entire country for so so many other workers?

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Talking about how she dropped the side hustle…mate you don’t even have a full time job let alone a side hustle

Reactions: 9
Two things.

This photo looks like she's pulled everything in the middle of the room to hoover. There's just a lot of stuff really randomly placed.

And the newsletter... when she said people should be able to survive AND thrive in work, I was like "YES!" and was expecting even one line about supporting NHS strikes or any other striking workforce... but no.

She completely missed the opportunity. I think it's probably because she is so far removed from anybody working in jobs like nursing, teaching, postal service, railway that it hasn't even crossed her mind.

What she's said about fashion/artsy jobs is true. But how can she be so blissfully unaware of the fights going on across the entire country for so so many other workers?
Is she the one writing this or someone else? It’s bad. I’m sorry but I’ll never have sympathy for someone that was in the position to take one of these poorly paid jobs in the arts in the first place as it’s not remotely accessible to everyone, whether or not they sell the spare clothes their parents paid for?

This actually upsets me ngl because my dad was so smart but didn’t have access to further education because he had to start work at 15 in a country that openly hated him and would have loved to have done a degree. I’m sure that was the bigger personal loss than bemoaning a lack of hobbies and passions? He didn’t even get the chance to start his hustle because he just had to work to live. I was part of the upwardly mobile working classes under new Labour and did well in uni but unlike the Alexandras in my peer group had to study something that had an ROI because I didn’t have anywhere free to live whilst I naval gazed and fucked around in the Conde closets?

Sorry to me rail but this content is honestly just for under performing uni rahs, like sorry you aren’t as well off as ur parents’ generation and you all know someone that married well and you didn’t but pls stop producing content about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Totally agree. I find these navel gazing discussions (amongst mostly middle class mums) really infuriating and so myopic. To even be able to reflect on this and bemoan it is a privilege.

It’s like the whole working mum/work life balance/can you have it all debate - to even pontificate and worry about this is a privilege mostly relevant to middle class mamas. Everyone else just has to get on with full time work, bringing up the kids, running a household with pretty much zero room for anything else. No time to reflect on whether you can have it all/get the balance right blah blah blah. Not in the real world!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
They’re back at Coal Drops Yard today. Why does she insist on filming herself as she walks along? It’s a bit weird.

This made me laugh though. Surely the real reason they don’t have guests is because cooking for one extra person will tip their groceries bill over £40 a week??
914A5D2C-F302-452F-8F83-00B6C1C1278B.jpeg

Reactions: 3
I hope her guest brought her a
50 p candle with a shoestring tied
---
Whilst I agree with her point that a full time job should be able to cover general life expenses I think she probably had to do all those things to keep up appearances with her mates and to be able to travel.
It feels very self serving that newsletter

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.