The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #8 her trainers work harder than she does

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The hood šŸ˜­ Iā€™m in Scotland and itā€™s been too warm here for a winter hat for the past week. Just why???

Reactions: 1
Maybe she has some sort of medical condition that makes her feel cold? I canā€™t think of any other reason to wear so many layers when the weather is mid-teens.

I just have to share on here as I know someone will appreciate itā€¦.I went to get my coop anya bag today as they said theyā€™d be released at the end of this weekā€¦.to find that they were in store Tuesday so theyā€™re long gone šŸ˜­šŸ˜‚

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
I just have to share on here as I know someone will appreciate itā€¦.I went to get my coop anya bag today as they said theyā€™d be released at the end of this weekā€¦.to find that they were in store Tuesday so theyā€™re long gone šŸ˜­šŸ˜‚
Oh no! That's annoying. They may well be re-stocked - I got my Waitrose one weeks after my local store had sold out. And the few Asdas I've been in have loads.

ASA have just updated their guidelines and made it clear any item gifted or events/hotel stays and used in content needs to be declared as an AD. Declaration should be for up to 12mths.

Also any promotion of a family/friends business should also be marked as an AD - time to report those 'it's my families business' future posts!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Iā€™ve had to rewatch those Eastbourne stories on repeat - that bit where sheā€™s kind of shuffling/staggering towards the promenade railing. Itā€™s like sheā€™s ladened down by all the layers sheā€™s wearing. Really odd!

Reactions: 3
Iā€™ve had to rewatch those Eastbourne stories on repeat - that bit where sheā€™s kind of shuffling/staggering towards the promenade railing. Itā€™s like sheā€™s ladened down by all the layers sheā€™s wearing. Really odd!
Sheā€™s very clumpy isnā€™t she!

I feel really bad about what I posted above re her looks, but maybe she actually is unwell (walking/cold etc.)?

Reactions: 2
I feel really bad about what I posted above re her looks, but maybe she actually is unwell (walking/cold etc.)?
Sheā€™s just posted about her back injury. I donā€™t get what she means about not being able to get help/a scan because she shortly after found out she was pregnantā€¦

I couldnā€™t understand that either.

Reading the post is another indicator to me that she wonā€™t spend money on the important things. A bit like prioritising interiors / aesthetics over repointing the house and the windows in the front room. And even more important than those things is your health. What could be more important than your mobility. And with so many resources (money, time, flexible schedule etc) at her disposal. I donā€™t get it.

Also timing makes me even more sure sheā€™s reading here.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Sheā€™s just posted about her back injury. I donā€™t get what she means about not being able to get help/a scan because she shortly after found out she was pregnantā€¦
I donā€™t understand either. I had a bad back/sciatica during pregnancy that was related to a fall I had years ago but I was still able to seek help and get treatment.

Also she then asks ā€œwhen is there ever time to do exercise or work on ourselves?ā€ If anyone else said this I would understand but Alex gets LOADS of time to herself! She just chooses to fill it with watching box sets, hanging out at Coal Drops Yard and going on free midweek jaunts with Dopey.

She has one kid in school and another in full-time nursery and her ā€œjobā€ appears to be occasionally going to an office to pack up some candles or on a jolly to an art gallery or fashion show preview. So donā€™t give me the ā€œno timeā€ excuse!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Itā€™s just excuses for lack of exercise - as other have said she actually has plenty of opportunity she just chooses not to. Even if she has the kids/work/school run (I know, I know!) all day then she has another parent at home and kids who are in bed so go to a class at 7.30 like everyone else does? I know she has the luxury of going at 10am as well so there is really no excuse!!

Reactions: 11
I suppose when your life is monetised and itā€™s your main source of income as a family, you have to put aesthetics first. Terrifying.
(Yes I know she has the bank of mum and dad as well!)

Reactions: 2
Honestly a few less bits of shite from tiger/tk maxx etc and she could see a professional every week. Surely that would be money better spent than even reformer Pilates, she could just be aggravating her injury. Given sheā€™s started walking like the hunchback of notredame this could very well be the case. Honestly if youā€™re in that much pain you find a way to make yourself better. I have and ongoing shoulder injury, I donā€™t have the luxury of the bank of mum and dad to help pay the way do had to wait in the very long nhs queue for treatment. After physio their recommendation was strengthening the shoulder and lifting weights. I now get up at 5am and go to the gym 4 times a week as itā€™s the only time I could realistically go and would make myself. And itā€™s working. If youā€™re in so much pain youā€™re scared to be left alone with your kids surely your priority would be sorting yourself out šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.