Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

maliceinwanderlust

'A slight bit good' 😖🤦🏻‍♀️

Could have been a decent piece on how it's awkward explaining how she makes a living from her work. Absolutely reasonable question btw, every influencer will make money in different ways. But instead its turned into some empty faux positivity piece which doesn't still explain what she does (or for who or why).

Like 'I run a website and social media account teaching people how to paint picture frames and shop in Tiger and wear stripes and wrap supermarket flowers in brown paper so they can pretend that these things make them really frugal and that inherited wealth isn't the deciding factor in their decent standard of living.'

• Haha
Reactions: 20

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
I don’t believe sharing the receipt is her thinking she’s helping anyone. Or even pretending to help. It’s a fuck you to everyone who challenged her last year. Except she’s too privileged and thick to realise it only further confirms people were right to question her budget claims in the first place.

She wants all the upsides of influencing (lucrative income, praise, easy work) without the downsides of any sort of continuity or accountability for misleading claims around frugality, budgeting etc. And it’s making her bitter.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Libertine

VIP Member
Never one to boast, but she is SO GOOD at her job, she has been reported to the Advertising Standards Authority repeatedly.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

influencerbore

VIP Member
if you go on clemmie Telford page Alex commented on the last reel.
She mentioned being really down when she read the tattle thread about her, I can understand nobody likes criticism but is it ethical what she does? I don’t know how she can’t expect criticism after lying multiple times, influencing to buy more whilst gaslighting people on how to save by switching bread??
I’ve just read the feel sorry for me post on CT’s post. These people need to get a fucking grip! Oh boo hoo someone didn’t like your stupid Instagram post. Try working in the real world! I cry most days when I come home from work as I feel I’m fighting to keep my job, fighting to keep a roof over my head, fighting to pay all the bills. I can’t see any spare money got frivolous things like stupid tiger baubles. I’m so so scared we will loose our house at some point I’m stressed to hell. So people like Alex and her looser husband can just piss off

• Heart
Usually hate it when ppl mention the CoL crisis wrt Insta content as it’s an Insta story not a ch4 news bulletin but there will be mums across the country wondering how tf they’re gonna manage to feed their kids or manage childcare and work over that 6 week break so maybe a mum with a plethora of childcare options, low contact employment hours, an unemployed husband, present and engaged grandparents with a holiday home, the list is truly endless, should maybe just keep quiet on this one? 😬 like it feels really grim when you actually think about the reality for a lot of the country atm.

• Heart

AllTheGinJoints

VIP Member
My partner and I both have the day off work today so we watched a couple of episodes of something on Netflix and ate some crisps with lunch and then we stopped as I felt I was a pair of serial killer frames and a few candles away from being Alex…

• Haha

Dizzy

VIP Member
It’s another 100 mile an hour day chez Frugality: there’s been a visit to Arket, an attempt to try on a dress in H&M, a reel made in H&M Home and then a quick change into flats for a dinner this evening. Poor lamb must be fucking exhausted.

• Haha

PastorBake

Chatty Member
I'd love to know what she sees as her long term plan. Is this her career for life now? Is she going to do this* to make a living for another 30 years?

*waves arms randomly around as I have no idea how to describe what it is she actually does

• Haha
  • Heart
Agree with all the above 🙄 It also irks me that as an 'influencer' she is in a position where she could make something of the reuse a fancy/gifted bottle of you think it looks nice but fill it with good quality eco hand wash from a low waste/refill store or top up from a large refill pack and save on plastic waste. Instead she's buying crap from Lidl and creating more plastic waste- it's just consume consume consume

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Dizzy

VIP Member
In all my many years of owning cashmere (and I have owned A LOT) I’ve never had a jumper get anywhere near the state of that black Cos one. Firstly WTF does she do in it to get it looking like that and secondly, why recommend a brand where clearly it bobbles like fuck?! Oh and bobbling is a sign of quality cashmere? Complete bollocks. Yes quality cashmere can bobble but it’s less likely to compared with lower grade cashmere because it is comprised of longer stronger yarns. Bobbling is much more likely to happen with cheaper cashmere because it’s comprised of shorter weaker yarns. Is this what she means by being ‘quite good at my job’?

• Haha
  • Heart

MeWithTheHair

I swear she says this same old shit about every new pair of trainers she buys every 2 weeks. The white CDG converse, the multiple pairs of fugly New Balance… every pair “elevates” a look and bla bla blas her wardrobe and each pair is the definitive best only classic pair she’s saved for and needs. It’s relentless, the cycle. Does she forget? Does she think her audience forget? (Does she think WE’D forget?!)

like the fab and legitimately frugal My Frugal Year Clare says, you can’t complete shopping.
It’s a bit sad seeing someone so unaware of how stuck in the same constant loop they are.

• Heart

Dizzy

VIP Member
She HAS to be trolling us with the newsletter about her ‘achievements’ and then the posting of a days ‘work’ which comprises:

wearing some ear muffs
going to a museum
tying a scarf
looking at new season clothes
going for dinner

What. The. Actual. Fucking. Fuck 🤯

• Haha

EllsBellsWells

Chatty Member
I think most people can sympathise hugely with the shit she’s gone through. That’s going to do a number on anyone mentally, plus the physical aspect of having a baby, then a still birth, then another baby. Her body and mind would understandably be still processing everything that’s happened.

I get so angry that women go through so much and then have to live up to so many huge expectations. Putting on a brave face after losing your babies, then just carrying on etc. Having to look ‘nice’ for people. Trying to look like you’ve got your shit together when your life is falling apart. Alex might be going through it but she’s also sure as shit contributing to the shocking standards women are expected to live up to. How many women has she made to feel they should have her nice house, nice clothes etc. She’s been SO sly about how she actually got her wealth. She made a living pressuring her followers to buy this shit, posting aff links, constantly selling stuff to her (mainly women) followers, many of whom will also have small kids and probs feel the pressure to keep up with buying this stuff. She needs to take a step back and see that she’s part of this problem.

Exhaustednurse

VIP Member
Well Alex, many women feel down as a result of influencers like you that falsely portray a lifestyle as if it’s total attainable, when it is not.

there have been so many women on here say that alex has made them feel so inadequate with her holidays, renovations and expensive clothes. Making out that if you did some small things you can have it all like her.

she’s such a fraud, it’s so damaging and she should reflect on what she actually stands for as an influencer.

• Heart