The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #7 Everything is affordable when it's #gifted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly this, it’s just soap! Like everything if you can afford it and you like it then buy it, if you can’t no one actually cares. And the quicker people realise that the better. I’m also baffled by one of the comments to learn that there’s a market for the empty bottles…£10 on eBay 🤣🤣🤣

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Must be lovely to send your kids off to nursery/school and wander around art galleries all day instead of working. It’s something I normally have to squeeze in at the weekend with the kids. She’s so extremely privileged to do minimal work to be able to do this she just should drop the ‘frugal’ title now as it’s so unrealistic

Reactions: 16
I just properly lol’d at this 🤣🤣🤣
---

Love the hand wash chat 🤣 If you like those herbal/medicinal scents, this hand wash from M&S is good and often 30% off.

Anyway wasn’t Alex slapping greasy Chris’ hand away from some Byredo hand wash just last week.. a bargain at £42 / 450 ml. SO FRUGAL
The whole range from M&S is good stuff. Hand cream is a bit meh mind but the rest is good. Diffusers are my favourite and like that they sell refills instead of having to buy a new one every time

Reactions: 7
She’ll get sent mountains of products to try single every week. There is no way in earth she needs to scrimp and save on nice hand wash, I bet she has a cupboard full of premium brand soaps . Also surly the people she’s trying to impress with her refilled bottle would no in a milli second that it wasn’t the real deal. How embarrassing 🙈. Actually she never has anyone over to her house.

Reactions: 9
Agree with all the above 🙄 It also irks me that as an 'influencer' she is in a position where she could make something of the reuse a fancy/gifted bottle of you think it looks nice but fill it with good quality eco hand wash from a low waste/refill store or top up from a large refill pack and save on plastic waste. Instead she's buying crap from Lidl and creating more plastic waste- it's just consume consume consume

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I'd love to know what she sees as her long term plan. Is this her career for life now? Is she going to do this* to make a living for another 30 years?

*waves arms randomly around as I have no idea how to describe what it is she actually does

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I’m pleased to see our multitasker managed to visit an exhibition, tie a scarf, take a selfie, browse some new clothes and eat, all in one busy day! Really not sure how she managed to squeeze in so much into one day.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Who on earth doesn’t know how to tie a scarf? This is embarrassing.
---

I’m pleased to see our multitasker managed to visit an exhibition, tie a scarf, take a selfie, browse some new clothes and eat, all in one busy day! Really not sure how she managed to squeeze in so much into one day.
#busyworkingmum

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I'd love to know what she sees as her long term plan. Is this her career for life now? Is she going to do this* to make a living for another 30 years?

*waves arms randomly around as I have no idea how to describe what it is she actually does
This is one of the things that fascinates me about Alex as I can’t really think of another influencer peer of hers that doesn’t have a rich husband to fall back on.

Reactions: 7
This is one of the things that fascinates me about Alex as I can’t really think of another influencer peer of hers that doesn’t have a rich husband to fall back on.
Do we know anything about Dopey? Maybe his family are also loaded.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
She HAS to be trolling us with the newsletter about her ‘achievements’ and then the posting of a days ‘work’ which comprises:

wearing some ear muffs
going to a museum
tying a scarf
looking at new season clothes
going for dinner

What. The. Actual. bleeping. duck 🤯

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Agreed.

But they’ve totally dodged those high fixed overhead years where you’re paying out on higher rate mortgage products cos you’re at a higher LTV, you’re paying child care/school fees, etc so they’re basically empty nesters with minimal outgoings so don’t need to work as much. Also I feel terrible saying this wouldn’t wish grief upon anyone and having a bad grief day myself so God forgive me but it’s not even as if they have to save for retirement or the kids’ deposits as that’ll be covered by inheritance later on down the line.

I know this is normal for a lot of families and I’m planning to do this for my LO so it’s not a sin in and of itself but the bleeping audacity for her to center her personal brand around frugality without ever referencing this is…… wild??? Like incredibly incredibly dishonest.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Basically she just doesn’t recognise her extreme privilege.
@heretoreaditall2019 hope you’re ok 🤗
Sorry I didn’t mean to sound like 👉🏻👈🏻🥹 just felt awful even typing the sentence as death and grief is baaaaahd! But thank you my love ❤

lol at the rightmove email - why would they pay her for anything it’s not as if that’d twist your arm to buy during a CoL crisis!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.