The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #7 Everything is affordable when it's #gifted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Where is the actual proper food on that receipt? Tinned meatballs - I used to eat them years ago as a student but wouldn’t even feed those to my dog nowadays. They are grim.

I can see how you could maybe plan 4-5 basic meals from that list but what about the rest of the weeks. That 4-5 meals not 4-5 days btw.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The only fresh fruit & veg is bananas which would suggest she's getting the free Oddbox or they really do eat beige!

Do I spot £4.99 for Roses?

Also sweetened almond milk? I'm judging 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I don’t believe for one moment she eats what’s listed here, I reckon she walked around and found some of cheapest food they sell to create this make believe receipt.

• Haha
Tinned macaroni cheese and meatballs 🤢 honestly where’s the protein, the pasta/rice etc, the veg….hoping she follows it up with a week of showing is what delights she makes with this lot 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I don’t believe for one moment she eats what’s listed here, I reckon she walked around and found some of cheapest food they sell to create this make believe receipt.
Yes, there’s no way it’s a weeks worth of food for a family of 4!
She should show us the meals to feed a family of 4 plus snacks and then the receipt (accounting an extra 20 quid for exceptionals but recurring purchases: toilet paper, dishwasher tablets, nappies etc on rotation).

hugely disingenuous what she’s done.

That‘s her food shop for the week, along with food she already has ’to use’ up - for accuracy she would need to be showing us the amount of food she already has. From that receipt, there is very little healthy or nutritious food, it’s mostly processed stodge.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
It’s BS. If you were in a position in your life/finances where you had to buy tinned meatballs chances are you’d be buying more than one tin at a time and not shouting about it to 200k people . Honesty are we expected to believe she was just cruising the aisle saw tinned meatballs and thought Oooh they look nice I’ll have one of those. Also hadn’t she said before “we don’t eat much meat” .. surely if you are even going to eat even small amount of meat you certainly won’t choose that processed cheap meat?!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 yes to all these comments! Pushing this false narrative that it’s possible to feed 4 on £40/50 plays into right wing rhetoric re the reckless poor and that welfare payments are enough for families to survive/thrive on.

So many valid points on this thread - hopefully she reads and stops doing this.

Reactions: 15
Also anyone else as a family of 4 I know need necessarily to either get a big big shop weekly (with uht milk and long lasting veg/fruit like apples broccoli etc) or if you do a shop around 50 quid you are expected to top it up at least twice a week.
Feel genuinely sorry for those who have only 55 quid to do a food shop for a family which I believe is a growing number and do not need any pressure from an instahun playing to be poor

Reactions: 10
What is even the point of her posting that receipt? How is that 'helping' anyone? I don't get it!

Wait, an extra hour of TV watching is an achievement? And I like “we took an extra week off”. Off from WHAT??

• Haha
Reactions: 12
It’s just so frustrating as she’d do well if she just posted an honest series about their shopping. Like priced it all out, + the oddbox, showing how prices are increasing and how they’re changing their habits to help. She’s clearly a crap chef, so again, she could just own that. I know it’s annoying as they’re clearly well off, but she could just be honest.

I definitely believe she regularly buys some of it but she’s added on some performative items to pad it out for #content. Also, on the meal planner she has some of the tinned crap listed for the kids’ meals.

• Sad
I don’t believe sharing the receipt is her thinking she’s helping anyone. Or even pretending to help. It’s a duck you to everyone who challenged her last year. Except she’s too privileged and thick to realise it only further confirms people were right to question her budget claims in the first place.

She wants all the upsides of influencing (lucrative income, praise, easy work) without the downsides of any sort of continuity or accountability for misleading claims around frugality, budgeting etc. And it’s making her bitter.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Yes she’s certainly not posting that receipt on her grid. A story to avoid being swamped by comments.

Her kids (and them) have such a terrible diet. The receipt is completely disingenuous. What on earth do those two kids eat all day?

Well that’s the other thing - P will eat at school and C at nursery, so the weekly shop is hardly for 3 meals x 4 people x 7 days. That’s 15 meals they don’t have to feed C (if he goes full time)!

Everyone’s circumstances are different so I don’t even see the point in claiming to “feed a family of 4 for a week on £40” or whatever. How many meals is it?!

Reactions: 10
They have cod and tonnes of broccoli on their mean plan. Where is cod and broccoli on that receipt??

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.