The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #7 Everything is affordable when it's #gifted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Remember when they were telling people to take mortgage holidays and put kitchen renos on their credit card? It’s bad enough giving out unregulated financial advice but then on top failing to disclose their circumstances is trash behaviour. Like yeah you defs can get away with a 20%+ APR on your kitchen when you inherit 6 figure sums from aunties or nans (can’t remember who paid for the extension sorry) and yeah it doesn’t matter if your next mortgage product is more expensive when you’re at 20% LTV.

Also on money - remember how interest compounds right? So if you look at the split between interest vs capital in the early years of a term it’s always more interest than capital right. Her parents haven’t just gifted her a deposit they’ve saved her from the decade+ of paying the high interest component of the mortgage.

I literally cannot stress enough how much these two should not be talking about budgeting to us.
Excuse me? All you need is to meal plan and get your shop for 40 quid. It’s great advice.
Have you tried the meatball in a can?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Have you tried the meatball in a can?
The fact this sentence makes sense because of this thread 😂

Fancy buying dog food meatballs so you can have Aesop soap? I know we all have different financial priorities but surely connective tissue* is never chic??

*sorry for typing that word out I’ve made myself gag x

• Haha
Reactions: 15
It’s so unlikely he has money if Alex’s parents had to be guarantors on the mortgage 🤷‍♀️
All I’m saying is that it could’ve been his parents just as well. Maybe they are paying for nursery and childcare, we don’t know. I wasn’t suggesting Dopey’s acting brought in millions 😆

Reactions: 2
I got new glasses today - have I been influenced???

(No, even after 30 years I find it traumatic, it’s taken months to sort out my new prescription/frames)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She really is quite unbelievable.
I got new glasses today - have I been influenced???

(No, even after 30 years I find it traumatic, it’s taken months to sort out my new prescription/frames)
Do you have 300 pairs like frugal Alex?

Reactions: 2
Sadly no — with my coke bottle prescription I can literally only afford 1!

Although I do also have an ancient pair specked with toothpaste and emulsion (sexxxy!), so… maybe?

Reactions: 1
A post about red gazelles….except she already has a pair, just with a white sole. Frugal as always buying two identical pairs of trainers…..

Reactions: 3
Christ the crap she pipes about how her trainers have to work hard for her because she wears them so much…it’s a pair of bleeping trainers! Just buy them and move on

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I swear she says this same old tit about every new pair of trainers she buys every 2 weeks. The white CDG converse, the multiple pairs of fugly New Balance… every pair “elevates” a look and bla bla blas her wardrobe and each pair is the definitive best only classic pair she’s saved for and needs. It’s relentless, the cycle. Does she forget? Does she think her audience forget? (Does she think WE’D forget?!)

like the fab and legitimately frugal My Frugal Year Clare says, you can’t complete shopping.
It’s a bit sad seeing someone so unaware of how stuck in the same constant loop they are.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Christ the crap she pipes about how her trainers have to work hard for her because she wears them so much…it’s a pair of bleeping trainers! Just buy them and move on
I think this is her clumsy attempt at getting back into styling. Alex just doesn’t realise that gone are the days of early fashion blogging when talking about colourful trainers was fresh.

Reactions: 8
Yes the style tips are so basic. ‘Here I am wearing 5 different outfits’ - always troursers, oversized jumper (French tuck), oversized coat. Beanie. Red lipstick. On repeat.

Reactions: 11
And glasses, don’t forget the glasses! I mean, it’s kind of hilarious that she thinks women who wear glasses are still some sort of marginalised group. It’s not 1955!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.