The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #7 Everything is affordable when it's #gifted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In all my many years of owning cashmere (and I have owned A LOT) I’ve never had a jumper get anywhere near the state of that black Cos one. Firstly WTF does she do in it to get it looking like that and secondly, why recommend a brand where clearly it bobbles like duck?! Oh and bobbling is a sign of quality cashmere? Complete bollocks. Yes quality cashmere can bobble but it’s less likely to compared with lower grade cashmere because it is comprised of longer stronger yarns. Bobbling is much more likely to happen with cheaper cashmere because it’s comprised of shorter weaker yarns. Is this what she means by being ‘quite good at my job’?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
In all my many years of owning cashmere (and I have owned A LOT) I’ve never had a jumper get anywhere near the state of that black Cos one. Firstly WTF does she do in it to get it looking like that and secondly, why recommend a brand where clearly it bobbles like duck?! Oh and bobbling is a sign of quality cashmere? Complete bollocks. Yes quality cashmere can bobble but it’s less likely to compared with lower grade cashmere because it is comprised of longer stronger yarns. Bobbling is much more likely to happen with cheaper cashmere because it’s comprised of shorter weaker yarns. Is this what she means by being ‘quite good at my job’?
why on earth she was doing a cashmere expert talking head moment in the scraggliest jumper going is beyond me - it looks awful

• Haha
Reactions: 8
And who debobbles a jumper when they’re wearing it?! Take it off and lie it flat!! AAAARRRRRGGGHHH!!!!! 🤯🤯🤯

Reactions: 10
It’s probably bobbled due to the friction from all the empty bags she lugs around.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Is she trolling us with her recent “content”??
✅ Tiger tat
✅ Empty bag
✅ Coal Drops Yard
✅ Putting Lidl in an Aesop bottle
✅ Granny bally
✅ A massive shopping bag for all the unnecessary purchases
✅ “Shopping is work” 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I just think it’s quite sweet how she thinks of herself as still “working” in fashion 😅 Awww, sweetie…

describing herself like that in the cashmere reel made me remember that meme of the guy and girl on a date:
“What do you do?”
“I’m a model on instagram.”
“Oh ok I’m a soldier in Call of Duty”

• Haha
Reactions: 17
'A slight bit good' 😖🤦🏻‍♀️

Could have been a decent piece on how it's awkward explaining how she makes a living from her work. Absolutely reasonable question btw, every influencer will make money in different ways. But instead its turned into some empty faux positivity piece which doesn't still explain what she does (or for who or why).

Like 'I run a website and social media account teaching people how to paint picture frames and shop in Tiger and wear stripes and wrap supermarket flowers in brown paper so they can pretend that these things make them really frugal and that inherited wealth isn't the deciding factor in their decent standard of living.'

• Haha
Reactions: 20
"I run a website which releases a newsletter regularly whenever I'm feeling up to it which includes suggestions like "buy a cushion" and an instagram account which includes suggestions like "depill your old cashmere jumper. For reasons unknown I still have 281k followers"

The aesop post is bleeping cringe. On behalf of Australia I'm sorry we exported the most bougie handwash to the world.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
the most bougie handwash to the world.
This isn’t me @Ing you but it’s not even the bougiest offering there are tons of better or more premium priced products on the market now. The obsession with Aesop carbon dates her to 2018 Insta mama aesthetics.

Idk if this lot realise but largely anything they stan or covet is already naff and overdone. They all just want to look the same with the same boring vague class markers and that’s why their interiors are indistinguishable from each others and have been for the past 5+ years.

Reactions: 7
I know what you mean, some of the instamum interiors look like an Oliver Bonas store.
You can go into Asda and buy a lot of the hallmarks of an Insta mama now, that’s how long this aesthetic has been knocking about. It’s either that or putty coloured Molly Mae interiors for the less intergenerationally wealthy.

Reactions: 6
We sometimes have Aesop hand wash, and hand cream, and body wash….I like the smell and the bottles literally last at least 6 months in our house. I then recycle the bottles. Then either buy another one or get something else. I’ve never even considered refilling with 80p soap from Lidl. I also don’t believe for a second that she does that for any reason than a tit reel. I assume most of her visitors would know that creamy white soap is not Aesop. Honestly this may rank as one of her knobbiest posts yet. Does anyone actually care what brand of hand soap people have. Is this is a thing? I don’t visit people and form an opinion based on the hand soap in their bathroom. Surely it’s better just buying a nice refillable bottle for a fiver and using that if you don’t want people to know you use Lidl hand soap 🤷🏻‍♀️ As with a lot of her content lately I have so many questions 😂

Reactions: 8
It’s just so snobby. The only reason she can have to want to pretend that Lidl soap is Aesop is because she thinks that appearing to have Aesop soap makes her look like a better person. It’s just soap, it all goes down the drain so if you can’t afford the lovely smells and packaging of premium brands it means nothing!
It’s like when people buy F&M hampers on eBay 😬

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.