The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #10 No wonder she’s absolutely minted, she’s selling her freebies on Vinted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is she so insistent on posting reels of her walking?! She looks dreadful. My 80 year old grandmother has better posture.

Reactions: 4
Galumphing for GB.
---
Though I guess we should be charitable and assume it’s down to her bad back. Which she has never mentioned again.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I couldn’t see anyone paying for access to her newsletters. At the end of the day, the newsletter and her blog are a platform for selling and engagement which enables her to be paid by brands for promoting their products. It also serves as a platform to include shopping pages/pay day treats, etc where she includes links to get affiliate payments.

She is producing the newsletter for her own financial benefit, not as a service to her followers. Soon she will be producing her Christmas gift guides and saying she is producing them early for people who want to shop early and budget but in reality it is to get us all clicking and purchasing using her affiliate links ahead of other influencers doing the same.
You’ve absolutely nailed it.

She ain’t a fool and knows exactly what she’s doing. She is raking it in on the back of her followers and her & Dopes are probably strategising every day about how they can capitalise further.

Meanwhile she’ll throw out the occasional reference to something being ‘free’ or ‘affordable’ to keep up the pretence of appearing’frugal’ - which is just a joke at this point and a case of her living off some minor level of credibility she may have had 10 years ago, as mentioned above.

Reactions: 8
I ve read her newsletter.
Am I missing something? She promoted her matches, 3 coats and a handheld steamer.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Breaking news, pics of her staff in stories! Though why she needs staff I do not know. I guess those matches won’t pack themselves!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She is the absolute epitome of the Truman show meme (‘influencers whilst the whole world falls apart’ and it’s Laura Linney promoting cocoa powder - pic attached!) somehow even more on the nose when it’s matches she’s selling…!?!

Attachments

She needs staff because she’s making loads of money, enough to pay for other people to do the tit she doesn’t want to.

They’ll be filing their accounts soon, so we’ll get a clue about how they’re doing.

• Heart
She needs staff because she’s making loads of money, enough to pay for other people to do the tit she doesn’t want to.
Thus freeing her up to get on with more pressing tasks like trying some clothes on, buying some more clothes, and rustling up a beige lunch of ‘leftovers’ for them all

Reactions: 5
I ve read her newsletter.
Am I missing something? She promoted her matches, 3 coats and a handheld steamer.
The same handheld steamer that she promoted in the last ones, still making a point of saying it’s Amazon but she’d rather find another retailer….but yet she’ll still take their affiliate pennies, in fact won’t be surprised if we see it again in next couple of weeks so she can make sure those pennies stretch into Black Friday, she’s gone a bit early to catch them

• Heart
I just rolled my eyes at this. I wouldn’t if she’d ever spoken out on politics or current affair but she never has so this is just virtue signalling. Like the time she put up a photo of her gazing pensively into space and said one line about the teachers’ strike. She literally never said a word about it before or since!
IMG_0775.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
So weird to make the point that writing to your MP is free. Like, obviously it’s free?! What a fruit loop. What a weird thing to co-opt in a weird try at ownership

• Haha
Reactions: 13
IMG_0264.jpeg

“we’ve finally saved up” 🥹👉🏻👈🏻 is so bleeping pathetic to me I’m sorry, she’s stuck in self pitying Dickensian urchin mode. Also lol at that being her only ever attempt at financial transparency.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
View attachment 2518892

“we’ve finally saved up” 🥹👉🏻👈🏻 is so bleeping pathetic to me I’m sorry, she’s stuck in self pitying Dickensian urchin mode. Also lol at that being her only ever attempt at financial transparency.
Yeah this whole ‘we’ve saved up’ commentary is pure bullshit. So you’re telling me her savings paid for Japan, California trips, new sofa upholstery (which isn’t cheap), paying staff! She’s bleeping lying, she clearly earns good money

Reactions: 14
View attachment 2518892

We’ve finally saved up by selling lots of gifted stuff by sezane, Debenhams, warehouse.

I have the gift of being a multitasker so before going to central London to buy crap from tiger i pop to the post office too to drop off parcels.
xoxo
alex

Some of the outfits she tries on at TK Maxx in her latest reel are actually, shock horror, quite flattering! I don’t know why she sticks to the frumptasic combinations of late.

Reactions: 4
Some of the outfits she tries on at TK Maxx in her latest reel are actually, shock horror, quite flattering! I don’t know why she sticks to the frumptasic combinations of late.
I was just about to come on and say the same!
The blue coat and the Rixo navy/gold dress 👏🏻👏🏻

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.