The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #10 No wonder she’s absolutely minted, she’s selling her freebies on Vinted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do love dresses and skirts with pockets and absolutely notice when they don't have them.

Reactions: 4
F****** pockets. It isn’t a personality trait. Pyjamas need a comfy waistband and to not get you too hot/cold. Both of which are entirely personal.

What else can she research? Which shirts have the flappiest collars?
Kate (WearsMyMoney) has cornered the best undies and pop socks markets (particularly when it’s an advantageous time for Amazon affiliate link cookies). Alex, of course, isn’t interested in bra content. 🤔

There seems to be gaps in the market for emery board recommendations, best in class tampons and top ten lingerie wash bags.

There’s a good month’s work, Alex! Chop chop!
---
How could I forget best frugal haemorrhoid cream?!

That list could now keep Alex super busy until Easter.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Ok, I had no strong feelings on pockets til Mr Uber bought me a Soho House dressing gown for Christmas. It’s been a source of irritation as it has (a) no pockets and (b) the belt ropes are started/fixed at the back of your waist so you basically can’t sit on a toilet with it on as there’s a very good chance the ropes will fall in the water. I had no idea how annoying no pockets were.

I’ve persevered for nearly a whole year. At the same time I seemed to acquire a few pairs of pyjamas with no pockets. The ones that really pissed me off were our xmas ones where my husband got a draw cord and pockets, but my identically priced women’s ones had neither.

I have a toddler who wants to be carried a lot. I also like cups of tea and my mobile phone. You need pockets at this stage of life. Here ends my lesson on pockets.

However I won’t be buying any Alex recommends as like with everything she does, they’ll be a bit tit, really overpriced, or form over function.
---
best in class tampons
Please please please don’t give her ideas. The mind boggles at how she’d choose to demo them 😬

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Ok, I had no strong feelings on pockets til Mr Uber bought me a Soho House dressing gown for Christmas. It’s been a source of irritation as it has (a) no pockets and (b) the belt ropes are started/fixed at the back of your waist so you basically can’t sit on a toilet with it on as there’s a very good chance the ropes will fall in the water. I had no idea how annoying no pockets were.

I’ve persevered for nearly a whole year. At the same time I seemed to acquire a few pairs of pyjamas with no pockets. The ones that really pissed me off were our xmas ones where my husband got a draw cord and pockets, but my identically priced women’s ones had neither.

I have a toddler who wants to be carried a lot. I also like cups of tea and my mobile phone. You need pockets at this stage of life. Here ends my lesson on pockets.

However I won’t be buying any Alex recommends as like with everything she does, they’ll be a bit tit, really overpriced, or form over function.
Dressing gowns deffo need pockets. What horror of a company makes them without?

(Apologies for pocketgate- I’m talking about when we have them in EVERYTHING, not everything needs them, but some key items do. It’s the role of the company to realise what we need pockets in! Cos are most to blame. They whack pockets in all their stuff so everything looks bulky on the hips)

Reactions: 2

---

Please please please don’t give her ideas. The mind boggles at how she’d choose to demo them 😬
I got given the same dressing gown and I bleeping hate it 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
It’s hilarious to me that Alex’s notion of ‘research’ involves flicking through her own pyjamas. What about the pocket status of items she had not been kindly gifted?

A nation needs to know (disclaimer: we probably don’t)

Reactions: 3
I have to admit that all the pyjamas I own have pockets but that’s entirely coincidental. I didn’t “research” it à la Alex. I also seem to have acquired a number of dresses with pockets and I’m just used to that now. So much so that I bought one without pockets this summer and didn’t know what to do with my hands!!!
---
I won’t be buying any Alex recommends as like with everything she does, they’ll be a bit tit, really overpriced, or form over
Don’t judge me but I bought some Arizona Love sandals based on her promotion of them!! But in my defence (and hers?) they are actually super comfortable and great for walking and NOT the bandana ones she loves. I wouldn’t pay full price for them though, as they’re just jazzed up Tevas.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I have to admit that all the pyjamas I own have pockets but that’s entirely coincidental. I didn’t “research” it à la Alex. I also seem to have acquired a number of dresses with pockets and I’m just used to that now. So much so that I bought one without pockets this summer and didn’t know what to do with my hands!!!
---

Don’t judge me but I bought some Arizona Love sandals based on her promotion of them!! But in my defence (and hers?) they are actually super comfortable and great for walking and NOT the bandana ones she loves. I wouldn’t pay full price for them though, as they’re just jazzed up Tevas.
I’ve got the bandana ones (not influenced by Alex) that I got for an absolute steal and they’re a massive pain in the arse with the bits of material flapping about

I don’t know. I feel like she tried?
In her way? She’s not informed, she doesn’t speak out, she’s not an activist, her whole livelihood depends on people shopping and thinking they can be like her so if all she can do is share that then it’s better than nothing and could be worse, I guess? It’s a bit nothingy really but she couldn’t just keep talking about pyjamas in a vacuum forever.

Although antisemitism shouldn’t be hyphenated. (Because to hyphenate it suggests semitism is a thing)

Reactions: 5
Stop the press! Alex has invented keeping decorations for another year! What a visionary 🤩

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Stop the press! Alex has invented keeping decorations for another year! What a visionary 🤩
It's the next line for the bio. Outfit repeater, decoration reuser. Oh, and water collector of course.

If she actually cared about waste she wouldn't have blown up 30+ balloons. And what 3(?) year old's party features bloodshot eye balloons!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.