The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #10 No wonder she’s absolutely minted, she’s selling her freebies on Vinted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Liar liar ugly skirt on fire Alex!
---
She 100% reads here. Far too much defending herself on instagrams, if she was honest she wouldn’t need to.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Her latest ‘outfit’ to a party! Omg she looks like a bag lady! I’m all for a bit of clashing print etc but seriously, the skirt, the shoes, the clutch (cuz she only has 2 bags!) and green tee and the jacket - no, just no! She cannot carry that off! She’s slim as well and the skirt makes her look ginormous!

Reactions: 3
Her latest ‘outfit’ to a party! Omg she looks like a bag lady! I’m all for a bit of clashing print etc but seriously, the skirt, the shoes, the clutch (cuz she only has 2 bags!) and green tee and the jacket - no, just no! She cannot carry that off! She’s slim as well and the skirt makes her look ginormous!
It’s a complete mess! It looks like she is wearing a sheet.

Reactions: 6
Wearing that skirt for 5 days in a row should have told her that it needs to get in the bin, it’s awful.

• Haha
How on earth would any fashion stylist/fashion editor think that is an outfit for a night time 40th birthday in October and then adding those shoes. While the outfit is no way flattering on her, it’s perfectly fine for a warm sunny day but that‘s it.

Every one of those outfits based around that skirt looks like a young child has played dress up from their Mum’s wardrobe and thrown on a mish mash of clothes. In fact, many children would do better.

It’s all just lazy content creating, stand in front of a mirror and throw on anything - other influencers/stylists do the same concept but do it so much better.

Reactions: 6
IMG_3549.jpeg

Posting this here for posterity.

I think I’ll update my LinkedIn profile to say ‘outfit repeater’ as I sometimes wear the same jacket a few days in a row. Might also include ‘careful meal planner’ as I write a shopping list on my phone before I do the big shop.

What are these people like!?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
View attachment 2514014
Posting this here for posterity.

I think I’ll update my LinkedIn profile to say ‘outfit repeater’ as I sometimes wear the same jacket a few days in a row. Might also include ‘careful meal planner’ as I write a shopping list on my phone before I do the big shop.

What are these people like!?
Sounds ridiculous in the real world doesn’t it ?

Reactions: 4
Something about the way she always writes (free) instead of, you know, just free makes me so irrationally angry.

I can see why she writes it as she’s competing with other people charging £5pm for their barrel scraping substacks I wonder if she’s considered charging and then realised barely anyone would pay for her ‘hard work’?

Reactions: 9
Something about the way she always writes (free) instead of, you know, just free makes me so irrationally angry.

I can see why she writes it as she’s competing with other people charging £5pm for their barrel scraping substacks I wonder if she’s considered charging and then realised barely anyone would pay for her ‘hard work’?
Yes she’s a condescending asshole. She thinks she is this amazing stylist and people should pay her - didn’t she want paying during lockdown, or was that another i influencer - can’t remember they all blend into one bland pot.
She was relevant about 10 years ago, now she frumps about with no real passion.

Reactions: 7

I couldn’t see anyone paying for access to her newsletters. At the end of the day, the newsletter and her blog are a platform for selling and engagement which enables her to be paid by brands for promoting their products. It also serves as a platform to include shopping pages/pay day treats, etc where she includes links to get affiliate payments.

She is producing the newsletter for her own financial benefit, not as a service to her followers. Soon she will be producing her Christmas gift guides and saying she is producing them early for people who want to shop early and budget but in reality it is to get us all clicking and purchasing using her affiliate links ahead of other influencers doing the same.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Alex’s email list is her greatest asset. The newsletter is just so she can maintain the email contacts.

Should IG disappear tonight, Alex has a direct line of contact to all audience.

It’s far, far more than another selling platform. It’s possibly the smartest business move she’s ever made.

• Wow
Alex’s email list is her greatest asset. The newsletter is just so she can maintain the email contacts.

Should IG disappear tonight, Alex has a direct line of contact to all audience.

It’s far, far more than another selling platform. It’s possibly the smartest business move she’s ever made.
I didn’t think about it like that! Seems so obvious now you’ve said it 🙈

Reactions: 4

She can go back anytime to any magazine and to be paid for her content but she wouldn’t be making as much money and get as many freebies to then resell on vinted

Her latest tight frugal reel on how to reuse an old match box as a birthday card after buying supermarket flowers and wrapped them in nice paper. I. Am. Deceased.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.