The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #10 No wonder she’s absolutely minted, she’s selling her freebies on Vinted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just don’t know how she’s not embarrassed to be asking her (admittedly minted!) pensioner parents for Instagrammable bedding? And broadcasting it to her audience too - like that’s not a savvy frugality hack it’s a huge privilege!

Lots of creators on tiktok in the personal finance sphere talking about legit ways to budget for Christmas that involve sinking funds & genuinely nice DIYs with the kids, can’t wait to endure the 6th recycling of the toxic waste candles 🫠

• Haha
Reactions: 9
She’s doing her 5 day challenge again - this time wearing a white skirt for 5 days without washing. White! All over London 🤢

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Why would anyone even want to wear a white summer skirt that is quite see through with side splits in London in mid October ??

Reactions: 8
It’s been unseasonably warm and in the mid-20s this past week or so, but it’s predicted to change tomorrow. She will never wear that for 5 days!

Reactions: 4
Does she specifically say she won’t be washing it? Or could it be that she’s going to wash and dry overnight on towel rail or similar?

tell me you don’t use the tube without telling me you don’t use the tube🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Isn’t the basis of her challenge to to wear an item for 5 days without washing it? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick? What was all the spritzing about then??

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Isn’t the basis of her challenge to to wear an item for 5 days without washing it? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick? What was all the spritzing about then??
I think the whole premise is because she now calls herself an ‘outfit repeater’ so basically what every single other person on earth does 🤣 not sure why she is so obsessed with this ‘challenge’!
A challenge to me would be, I don’t know, not using the car for a week, or not eating out for a month, or even biking to Paris to raise money for a cancer charity. But for little Alex it’s wearing something for 5 days in a row…..revolutionary 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Vernon Kaye announces he’ll run 115 miles over 5 days for children in need…Alex ‘hold my beer, I know what I can do to top that’ 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Going out and having a tap water is just such a miserable thing to do. Don’t get me wrong, I would do it if I can’t have or don’t fancy a proper drink, eg going out for a quick lunch with colleagues, I’m not a big fan of soft drinks for £4 or whatever. But going out with a friend? Sorry, if you can’t afford to eat and drink properly, you need to choose less expensive restaurants or go out less often. Not go as often as your wealthier peers but be a total Scrooge about it. Just so ick.

Reactions: 18
This thread has really made me laugh this morning. Tattle never forgets! Thank god for a dose of reality and others who can see how ridiculous this all is. Next thing she'll be asking for us all to sponsor her through Kofi for her incredible 'white skirt' challenge.

• Haha
IMG_7341.png

This isn’t some sort of frugal ‘using up’, it’s just making some bleeping lunch 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Lol, fancy apologising for adding an Amazon aff link. If you really felt bad about it Alex, you could, hmmm I don't know, just add a normal, non-aff link? What an hole.
---
Lol, fancy apologising for adding an Amazon aff link. If you really felt bad about it Alex, you could, hmmm I don't know, just add a normal, non-aff link? What an hole.
Ok it's not quite an apology, but making out she'd link to another stockist if she could find it. Because of how evil Amazon is?! But happy to do it as an aff link.

Attachments

---

Ok it's not quite an apology, but making out she'd link to another stockist if she could find it. Because of how evil Amazon is?! But happy to do it as an aff link.
It’s just more performative “moral-ness.” Amazon = bad but Tiger is fine

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I know we talk about Tiger Tat but I went into one yesterday (I don't live close to one and was hanging around waiting to meet friends) and it was SO expensive and tit - I've definitely picked up a few stocking filler type things before. Went round with an empty basket and came away with nothing!

I know prices have gone up everywhere but they were charging £4 for a very basic activity book. You could buy the same level of rubbish from asda, Lidl, the works etc. No idea why Alex has Tiger on her list.

Reactions: 5
She’s not wearing that skirt 5 days in a row at all is she, day 3 uploaded at 6am, looking like it’s the middle of the day. Shes also changed it from wearing to styling….the lies just roll of her tongue at this point
The combo is also absolutely hideous
---
Also in the tomato salad post you can see her reflection in the glass and that’s no white skirt she’s wearing 🤥 🤥🤥

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Does that skirt look good with anything?

Apart from the fact (as others have mentioned) it would get filthy in seconds, it looks as though she’s raided a dressing-up box and is just randomly throwing stuff together in order to fit the “I bought this skirt so I must wear it” brief.

Let’s see what day 4 brings…

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.