The Frugality #4 I spy with my little eye a secret second storey reaching up to the sky.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her latest q&A - no dining table as can’t figure out where it goes - well most people in a house the size of hers would put the dining table in the dining area the kitchen - either in the middle of the floor or against the wall, if limited for space - she already has a sofa in the third bedroom upstairs and a sofa in the living room.

Reactions: 5
How do you undertake a major renovation including extending your house, and not know where the dining table will go? Surely that’s an essential with little children?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
How do you undertake a major renovation including extending your house, and not know where the dining table will go? Surely that’s an essential with little children?
Looking for another freebie no doubt.

Reactions: 1
Look at her face when she's whispering about having canapés. They couldn't have them earlier because they were busy working. Just as they were about to have them, Cato was sick everywhere. She genuinely looked like she was about to cry when she said it was not meant to be. At least it all worked out in the end. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2
She can’t figure out where the dining table goes? At this point I’m waiting for Boxing Day stories where they embark on dragging a dining table up the stairs to the bedroom while also leaving scratch marks all over the banister as another excuse to do some more painting.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The continual trotting out of ‘we can’t afford this/can’t afford that/saving up for x etc etc’ is grating.
They are not poor. Budgeting & prioritising finances is just what the rest of us do every day!
It comes across as pious and is obviously an attempt to cling on to some semblance of ‘frugality’.
I'm torn with this.
I agree she does sometimes try to look less well off than she is but I'm also glad she is open about saving for some things (even if I think she does things in a bizarre order) because many influencers, bloggers, instagrammers don't and it can really seem everyone out there can afford to have everything and anything at the drop of a hat.

Hope that makes sense!

Reactions: 3
The table cloth over the breakfast bar is really triggering me

It’s covering the cupboards and drawers behind. Why would they not have a table in a
Kitchen that size? Do Alex/Chris sit on the barstools and the kids sit at an ikea type Children’s table? Slight tangent but that sofa looks poor quality

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I like her style, why doesn't she stick to fashion?! Who else can I follow who has a similar style (but better) 😂

• Heart
I like her style, why doesn't she stick to fashion?! Who else can I follow who has a similar style (but better) 😂
Agree completely - whenever she posts style content it is really very good. I don’t understand why she doesn’t just lean into the aloof rich girl fashion mag alumnus thing and stop telling us about her grotty recycling drawer and filthy rug concepts?!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Her true talent is fashion styling, she has a good eye for it and It’s where she truly shines.

Nooooo! I like her for her hair 🤣🤣😂😂 it’s a more modern way than the curls lily has but not to everyone’s taste I understand!
This is what her hair reminds me of. It’s like a helmet 😂 the way she pulls the front of it around her face 🤦🏼‍♀️
I do like her style, but sometimes I think she asks her own questions when she does a q & a. At one point people were asking her about her friendship bracelets she was peddling… 🤨🤔

ADB55AB1-3F80-402B-A836-8DD525AB56C5.jpeg

• Haha
I know this is quite cruel but we are on tattle after all, I have to say it - Alex has aged like a tub of yoghurt, not a fine wine.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Agreed that Emma Rose’s hair is like a helmet and she gets gifted sooo much stuff. I like her style but find her very smug. I’ll check out the others - thanks 👍🏻

Agreed that Emma Rose’s hair is like a helmet and she gets gifted sooo much stuff. I like her style but find her very smug. I’ll check out the others - thanks 👍🏻
It’s not even a curl in her hair. It looks like when you’ve had your damp hair tied in a bobble all day and you let it down and there’s a big kink in it 😂
Agreed, she gets a lot gifted.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.