The Frugality #4 I spy with my little eye a secret second storey reaching up to the sky.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have I just watched her make a bed for content?? And not in a jazzy hotel styling way. Just a normal bed. I’ve clearly lost my mind.
Literally can’t understand why they got rid of that lush four poster for that insanely drab nothingy bed… and then showed us how to put on mismatched depressing looking sheets 🤦🏼‍♀️ My mind is blown that she’d think anyone would want to watch that.
Also following on from the puzzle/ tiles convo this comment made me lol… why would TWO ADULTS need to put on a duvet cover together? 😂

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Is she another one that deletes comments as I’m sure she had more earlier?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1
Maybe it’s my Covid addled brain but I cannot see how putting a duvet on inside out and then flipping it is any easier . How does that work?

What do you flip?

I put the duvet cover on like that, you literally turn it inside out grab the top corners and sort of flap it…job done. I have no idea how you do it with 2 people though we’d knock each other out trying

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I do it that way too, so easy! They are such incompetent idiots at pretty much everything, even a jigsaw for a 4 year old - says it all really.

Reactions: 5
Her newletter just dropped into my inbox, and the comments on party bags are just a bit too much: "we also wanted the books to represent a range of characters/authors/narratives that reflect our values - one book looked cute about an elephant family but then swiftly went downhill with the mum going on a diet so I put it back". God forbid anyone would want to think about going on a diet :rolleyes:

• Haha
Thank you. I think that’s what it says on the anya hindmarch website. Do you know the exact date by any chance? 😁
I don’t but if I see anything I’ll report back. I have the sainsburys one and they’re great grocery bags 👌🏻

Her newletter just dropped into my inbox, and the comments on party bags are just a bit too much: "we also wanted the books to represent a range of characters/authors/narratives that reflect our values - one book looked cute about an elephant family but then swiftly went downhill with the mum going on a diet so I put it back". God forbid anyone would want to think about going on a diet :rolleyes:
God she’s such a prick 🙈😂

Reactions: 6
Ha ha I came here to talk about this, yet another performance.
And then the comment about being able to take those bloody Sainsburys bags to Aldi?! Eh
And more matches incoming….I need to unfollow/unsubscribe…she makes me want to scratch my eyes out

What a load of performative nonsense (re the books).

Meanwhile she is shilling £9 boxes of matches, encouraging excessive/unnecessary consumption + compromising her privacy, home & family life to thousands of strangers in order to bring in the £££

Please lay off the self congratulatory pats on the back Alex!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Literally what is the point of those stories where she films herself looking into camera walking down the street?? Does anyone know?!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
What a load of performative nonsense (re the books).

Meanwhile she is shilling £9 boxes of matches, encouraging excessive/unnecessary consumption + compromising her privacy, home & family life to thousands of strangers in order to bring in the £££

Please lay off the self congratulatory pats on the back Alex!
Yeeessss.

I would think WTF if my child came home from birthday party with a secondhand book. It just screams virtual signalling. There’s a time and place for recycled items and I don’t feel gifts from party guests or favours to party guests is it.

I would, however, be very impressed if my child came home with a book that I could see was purchased from an independent book shop. (My local bookshop puts a sticker with their contact details on the back.)

There’s nothing better than a brand new book to encourage the joys of reading.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.