The DisUnplugged #4 They tried to make Pete go to rehab, but he said I need my phone!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The only way Pete will tour the parks nowadays are the limited ticketed After Hours Events or splurging for a Plaid VIP Guide.
You would also need to throw in a smoking room for him in order to get him to agree. Notice since Disney Parks have gone smoke free, he doesn't go. Unless it's for an hour or two to prove he was there for a dining review or something, his nasty habit is the main reason he gave up the thing he has professed to love for years.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Soon enough the YouTube views will reflect the dearth of talent on the Dis panel.

Craig is an endless fount of cringe: The weird vocal affectations, the pointless rambling, and the almost comical certainty he is saying something interesting when he never is. He's unwatchable, and meant to be a producer. Push the buttons, let Ryno do the talking. Fire Mumbles and split her salary. It's not that complicated.

Len Testa and Jim Hill prove every week you don't need the crutch of a panel discussion to generate 60 minutes of good content. Brayden Holness at Mickey Views proves you don't even need a two people. And all three of them prove you can consistently produce upbeat, fan-friendly content. Especially when you actually prepare for the show like Len and Brayden clearly do.

Brayden's YouTube views trounce The Dis every week. For example, his post yesterday has more than 116,000 views while Craig's post from two days ago has 17,000. Because Brayden is likable, well-spoken and most of all positive. It's a fun watch because he is clearly having fun producing it.

Now, Craig. I know you read these boards. But spare yourself and especially us, the douche chill that you give everyone when you try to be Fake Positive Craig.

It's too late, you hate Disney and your job. So just push the buttons.
I like Brayden and his channel, but he is not always positive about Disney (which I am grateful for). And Craig clearly doesn't HATE Disney. Disney has just gotten old for him. His excitement for universal is always palpable.

Reactions: 4
You would also need to throw in a smoking room for him in order to get him to agree. Notice since Disney Parks have gone smoke free, he doesn't go. Unless it's for an hour or two to prove he was there for a dining review or something, his nasty habit is the main reason he gave up the thing he has professed to love for years.
When Sean posted here, he said even during dining reviews in the parks Pete would leave the restaurant to go smoke outside the front gates. Meanwhile, any filming had to stop until he came back to cold food. 🙄 What a pathetic way to live your life.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
When Sean posted here, he said even during dining reviews in the parks Pete would leave the restaurant to go smoke outside the front gates. Meanwhile, any filming had to stop until he came back to cold food. 🙄 What a pathetic way to live your life.
Plus why would I take a dining review seriously from someone that can't taste the food properly. My dad said that once he quit smoking all the food tasted so much better, he even enjoyed foods he claimed to not like when he still smoked.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I missed Sean posting here! Can someone point me in the write thread so I can go check it out?

Reactions: 2
I missed Sean posting here! Can someone point me in the write thread so I can go check it out?
Allow me to save you some time with these Cliff's Notes on Sean's posts

1) Pete hires a male prostitute
2) Pete puts the male prostitute on his company's payroll, so John and Kevin could essentially pick up the tab
3) Pete love bombs the prostitute by gifting him a side-hustle real estate business
4) When the prostitute actually proves to be a competent real estate agent, Pete becomes insecure and verbally/emotionally abusive
5) Prostitute breaks up with Pete and marries his old boyfriend
6) Not to be outdone, Pete finds a rebound boy toy whom he instantly love bombs with tacky jewelry, extravagant trips, and an engagement ring.
7) During a podcast, Pete awkwardly brags to John (while touching his hand)that the engagement ring he gave to his new boy toy was from a romantic trip John and Pete once took to Disneyland
8) This cringy podcast moment was triggered when Kevin (John's husband) dared to suggest that Pete wasn't given special treatment at the Grand Californian (because he's "kind of a big deal"), but rather everyone is treated well at the hotel.
9) Following Pete's passive-aggressive floppy-seconds reminder, John and Kevin basically remove themselves from the podcast.
10) Not to be outdone, Pete returns to rehab, where he realizes he is burned out on Disney World and also removes himself from the show.
11) Kevin and John try to return to the show because Pete is finally gone, but (not to be outdone) Pete makes a "guest appearance" on the same episode and commanders the entire show by filibustering his disgust for the parks while pleasantly reminding the room that "I still own all this tit!"
12) Pete then hands over the podcast to two abused sycophants who now have to pretend that Pete's disdain for WDW hasn't tarnished their own passion for the parks, not to mention the entire show. A brilliantly executed succession plan if I've ever seen one.

And that, FilmingThePublic, pretty much brings you up to speed.

Next up on the DisUnplugged's Tigger King: "Why Frontierland's new cupcakes suck, and introducing the newest member of our team - Pete's new Gucci-clad masseuse."

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
So according to SB the Dis Unplugged had around 500k views for the last 30 days. PMM nearly tripled that amount of views. I know the Dis is an advertising front for Dreams Unlimited, but still; how does a channel with a boatload of employees get out performed by a lone portly guy putting up poorly edited content and justify its existence? Molly’s Mammoth Club get 1.6 million views in a month.

Can the patreon money be that good?

• Haha
So according to SB the Dis Unplugged had around 500k views for the last 30 days. PMM nearly tripled that amount of views. I know the Dis is an advertising front for Dreams Unlimited, but still; how does a channel with a boatload of employees get out performed by a lone portly guy putting up poorly edited content and justify its existence? Molly’s Mammoth Club get 1.6 million views in a month.

The podcast is underwritten by John and Kevin, who are happy to keep Rupert Pupkin in the basement "broadcasting" his vanity project, so they can focus on the real business at hand. It's a small price to pay to keep him out of their hair. If he weren't critiquing the subtle nuances of a bowl of French onion soup, then he may actually want to have an opinion on something that matters.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Allow me to save you some time with these Cliff's Notes on Sean's posts

1) Pete hires a male prostitute
2) Pete puts the male prostitute on his company's payroll, so John and Kevin could essentially pick up the tab
3) Pete love bombs the prostitute by gifting him a side-hustle real estate business
4) When the prostitute actually proves to be a competent real estate agent, Pete becomes insecure and verbally/emotionally abusive
5) Prostitute breaks up with Pete and marries his old boyfriend
6) Not to be outdone, Pete finds a rebound boy toy whom he instantly love bombs with tacky jewelry, extravagant trips, and an engagement ring.
7) During a podcast, Pete awkwardly brags to John (while touching his hand)that the engagement ring he gave to his new boy toy was from a romantic trip John and Pete once took to Disneyland
8) This cringy podcast moment was triggered when Kevin (John's husband) dared to suggest that Pete wasn't given special treatment at the Grand Californian (because he's "kind of a big deal"), but rather everyone is treated well at the hotel.
9) Following Pete's passive-aggressive floppy-seconds reminder, John and Kevin basically remove themselves from the podcast.
10) Not to be outdone, Pete returns to rehab, where he realizes he is burned out on Disney World and also removes himself from the show.
11) Kevin and John try to return to the show because Pete is finally gone, but (not to be outdone) Pete makes a "guest appearance" on the same episode and commanders the entire show by filibustering his disgust for the parks while pleasantly reminding the room that "I still own all this tit!"
12) Pete then hands over the podcast to two abused sycophants who now have to pretend that Pete's disdain for WDW hasn't tarnished their own passion for the parks, not to mention the entire show. A brilliantly executed succession plan if I've ever seen one.

And that, FilmingThePublic, pretty much brings you up to speed.

Next up on the DisUnplugged's Tigger King: "Why Frontierland's new cupcakes suck, and introducing the newest member of our team - Pete's new Gucci-clad masseuse."
Great summary, with one exception, Pete’s behavior didn’t turn the Rynos of the Dis negative. Ryno is and always has been a phony, a fraud, and a narcissist. It’s why he fits in so well. Pete didn’t create that.
---
The entire lot of these narcissists chronically confuse their own Local Resident Burnout with "The Magic is Dying."

It's utter nonsense.

I just spent nine nights at Copper Creek and loved every minute of it: The parks we're pristine and well-staffed with professional castmates, the restaurants were all on point and (for the ultimate piece of counter programming to the Burnouts) Genie+ was awesome. We would sleep in every day, have a leisurely breakfast, work out and then get to the parks in the afternoon. With Genie, we'd hit all the attractions and shows we'd want that day without ever having to wait in a long line. It's simply the best managed theme park experience in the world. Disney could work some kinks out of the Genie system for sure (like having to get up at 7 a.m. to book attractions, which is really dumb), but to constantly repeat the tired old refrain that magic is dead because they managed to implement a highly advanced crowd avoidance system in one of the most crowded places in the world is just plain wrong.

If you were to watch the "expert advice"of these people (who ironically make their money selling WDW packages) you'd expect the place to be falling apart at the seams. I guess that's the one good thing about this podcast, they lower expectations so much before you get there that you're incredibly pleased when you arrive.
It’s very simple, when they don’t get their way, Disney sucks. When they don’t get their asses kissed, Disney sucks. When they are forced to abide by all the policies, procedures and rules that EVERY OTHER GUEST has to, Disney sucks. Arrogant narcissistic snowflakes.

• Haha
The podcast is underwritten by John and Kevin, who are happy to keep Rupert Pupkin in the basement "broadcasting" his vanity project, so they can focus on the real business at hand. It's a small price to pay to keep him out of their hair. If he weren't critiquing the subtle nuances of a bowl of French onion soup, then he may actually want to have an opinion on something that matters.
Let's don't give Kevin that much credit. That diva would still be teaching kindergarten if he didn't meet John.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Let's don't give Kevin that much credit. That diva would still be teaching kindergarten if he didn't meet John.
Seriously. Talk about having an overinflated opinion of yourself! Absolutely nothing against teachers. My mother is a teacher and they’re severely underpaid and under appreciated. But Kevin wouldn’t be able to afford his diva lifestyle on a teacher’s salary.

• Haha

I thought I would look and do some back of the napkin math on it.

They have 2200 patreon members with the smallest donation at $3 per month and the largest being $100 per month. Lets just say that they average 5 per patreon, that would be $11,000 per month less the share that patreon keeps which is somewhere between 5-12% plus processing fees. Lets say patreon takes 15% total including the processing fees. I think its fair to say that they could be clearing anywhere from $8,000-9,500 a month from patreon

Someone else would have to take a look at the Youtube numbers and estimate what they are pulling in from the channel, plus the DVC Show sponsorship etc.

I also think the only people who are "employed" by the DisUnplugged channel are Craig and Ryno. Everyone else is either Travel Agents or Owners, or getting paid from a different part of the company. My guess is Erica is getting paid for producing content for Wdwinfo and whatever sponsors they have through that site still. They are not being paid to do the show.

I think much of the DisUnplugged income is legacy generated, since they really were one of the premier Disney Fan sites for quite some time. It definitely doesn't line up with their content production now.

Reactions: 5
What a useless show this week was. An emotional check in? STFU

• Haha
What a useless show this week was. An emotional check in? STFU
They're all burned out. Which, honestly, makes this the perfect time for Ryno and Craig to walk.

Take what little integrity you have left and work somewhere else. ANYWHERE else. For the life of me, I can't fathom why two seemingly otherwise intelligent and employable young men will abide, and indirectly abet, the sexual and emotional abuse that this dude is perpetrating on an endless line of young men.

But apparently, Pete isn't the only publicity bleep associated with the show. Shame on John and Kevin for allowing Pete to use their jointly-owned business to attract and hurt people. Shame on Pam Lindwirth for jeopardizing GKTW's reputation by accepting donations from an abuser and solicitor of young men. Shame on Derek DeBoer for paying Pete to shill his DVC resale business (just buy some clicks). Shame on Ryno, who advocates for the fair treatment of gay people only to work for, and therefore enable, a predator of young and often vulnerable men. Shame on Craig, the father of a newborn boy, for helping Pete subject young men to such horrific work conditions. Would you want your son to one day work for someone like Pete? Man up and set an example now. You'll be proud you did one day.

Pete isn't just some laughable SNL-esque flaming diva character in the middle of a full-scale meltdown. He is truly evil, abusing what little fame he's generated to consistently hurt people for years.

I, for one, still make financial and in-kind donations to GKTW. Still, I'll be damned if any of my contributions will be funneled through Pete, who uses our generosity for his own tax-deductible glorification, which he then abuses to attract other impressionable young men into his orbit.

It's a bleeping sick, twisted, vicious cycle.

Made all the more bizarre because it's happening on a vlog targeting families who want to learn about the Happiest Place On Earth.

Then again, maybe it's the perfect cover for a serial groomer.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Just take the whole The Dis empire out back and put it out of our and their misery. They honestly should have ended this back in 2013.

Reactions: 3
I genuinely think there is some tiger king - Esque documentary to be made about the Disney and specifically Pete’s madness. I suppose he hasn’t done anything criminally on par with joe exotic (?) but same kind of personality cult behavior

• Haha
I genuinely think there is some tiger king - Esque documentary to be made about the Disney and specifically Pete’s madness. I suppose he hasn’t done anything criminally on par with joe exotic (?) but same kind of personality cult behavior
That we know of 😉 I would so watch this show if it exposes the weirdness around Pete and his "business". Not to mention the cult-like followers on the boards. Some of those posters truly act like Pete walks on water and their lives would be empty without him. Quite disturbing. Of course, some of them are probably just Pete with different email addresses trying to fluff himself up lol

Is it common in the gay community to not come forward when abused as Pete's victims have been? Or does he carefully pick people who he has enough dirt on that he can destroy their lives if they come at him? Or is it something like him requiring them to sign a non-disclosure agreement? You can't make someone sign away their rights though even if an NDA is in place what he is doing sounds like sexual harassment to me. Not a lawyer and only speculating here based on info presented.

Is it common in the gay community to not come forward when abused as Pete's victims have been? Or does he carefully pick people who he has enough dirt on that he can destroy their lives if they come at him? Or is it something like him requiring them to sign a non-disclosure agreement? You can't make someone sign away their rights though even if an NDA is in place what he is doing sounds like sexual harassment to me. Not a lawyer and only speculating here based on info presented.
That is an interesting question. All I know is that every Patreon subscriber and Dreams customer should ask themselves where their money is really going because it's not just on garish clothes, nail polish, and jewelry from Liberace's estate sale.

You are funding a professional groomer.

I own a business, and if my business partner pulled this predator and/or bullying crap with just ONE employee, the partnership would be over. This is why John is as much a scumbag as Pete because he is knowingly allowing it to happen and indirectly bankrolling it. Enjoy your trips to your second home in Cape May while your employees are left behind to be subjected to this monster.

The rest of you ... stop booking trips "from the experts at planning your magical Disney World vacation" until there is some independent HR audit of this dumpy virtual business. Because they can't do a damn thing for you that you can do on your own directly from the Disney site.

If this were a straight white dude in his late 50s luring in and sexually chasing a parade of young women, hiring female prostitutes, and openly berating female college grads, would you still think this was all so normal?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.