The DisUnplugged #4 They tried to make Pete go to rehab, but he said I need my phone!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be clear I'm not trying to victim shame here I am just truly curious how he gets away with it. To help people learn what to look out for and also to let people know they are worth more than having some creepy old dude do whatever it is that happened so they could have a job. Even if somehow they consented to it that doesn't make it right! And I'm a bit of a skeptic maybe all these stories about him are false?

Reactions: 1
To be clear I'm not trying to victim shame here I am just truly curious how he gets away with it. To help people learn what to look out for and also to let people know they are worth more than having some creepy old dude do whatever it is that happened so they could have a job. Even if somehow they consented to it that doesn't make it right! And I'm a bit of a skeptic maybe all these stories about him are false?
I can assure you that they are not ALL false. I know Sean was definitely in a terrible situation with Pete. I know Pete was hiring multiple prostitutes at once to have threesomes with them 🤢 and I also know Pete is a very sad and broken individual who uses money and power to disguise what a pathetic person he is. But Pete has also told me that he knows that he's somewhat protected being part of the gay community, like it gives him some sort of immunity since he's not a "straight cis gender white male."

• Sick
Reactions: 5
I can second that the stories are true. The reason no one comes forward is because what he’s doing to them isn’t illegal. (Other than the prostitution stuff) What he’s doing to employees is just unethical. He uses his money and fame to dangle in front of people and once their in, he uses it to control them.

Reactions: 3
I can second that the stories are true. The reason no one comes forward is because what he’s doing to them isn’t illegal. (Other than the prostitution stuff) What he’s doing to employees is just unethical. He uses his money and fame to dangle in front of people and once their in, he uses it to control them.
Maybe not illegal criminally but most likely actionable in an employment relationship. Employment Law 101's first lesson in today's landscape is that it is not advisable for a supervisor/manager to have a relationship with someone who reports to them.

Reactions: 5
Yes sexual harassment lawsuits are a thing but their company might be too small (think has to be 15+ full time employees) and there is a statute of limitations.

Reactions: 1
We talk about him like he is so famous and so rich. I don't doubt what you are saying but can we not buy into his scam that he is this extremely successful entrepreneur. He has a business like millions of other people. He didn't invent anything...he has a travel agency. It's like saying Cory is some sort of brilliant coder.

Reactions: 8
We talk about him like he is so famous and so rich. I don't doubt what you are saying but can we not buy into his scam that he is this extremely successful entrepreneur. He has a business like millions of other people. He didn't invent anything...he has a travel agency. It's like saying Cory is some sort of brilliant coder.
I don't know. There is so much to criticize about Pete and the state of the Dis (especially right now), that I don't think you need to pretend that he isn't a successful entrepreneur. The guy started a company/website/media business in a field where there really wasn't any. If you go back to the beginning, it was basically The Dis and Lou Mongello doing podcasts and/or Disney Fan Information Websites (Allears.net was around back then to if I remember correctly). There was nothing like the size of the Disboards thats for sure.

Heck, more recently, even the Moving to Orlando was a pretty decent angle and I wouldn't be surprised if he made a good deal of money when he sold his interest in it.

All of that doesn't mean he's a good person. But it does mean its hard to say that he hasn't been successful.

Reactions: 3
I don't know. There is so much to criticize about Pete and the state of the Dis (especially right now), that I don't think you need to pretend that he isn't a successful entrepreneur. The guy started a company/website/media business in a field where there really wasn't any. If you go back to the beginning, it was basically The Dis and Lou Mongello doing podcasts and/or Disney Fan Information Websites (Allears.net was around back then to if I remember correctly). There was nothing like the size of the Disboards thats for sure.

Heck, more recently, even the Moving to Orlando was a pretty decent angle and I wouldn't be surprised if he made a good deal of money when he sold his interest in it.

All of that doesn't mean he's a good person. But it does mean its hard to say that he hasn't been successful.
I am not saying he is "unsuccessful" but he is running a mainstream business, and making a decent living from it....like millions of other Americans. Timing has a lot to do with it as he was one of the earlier people to even have a website. That might be the only thing you can give him credit but that was also luck. If he was someone outstanding his site wouldn't be the same as it was when he started. He would have updated by now. That's my measurement of him...it was timing and luck, mixed with a lot of bloviating to make everyone believe he is a genius entrepreneur.
As far as Moving to Orlando goes, I find everything about that sketch. Pete stating it has been his lifelong dream to become a real estate agent, making a big deal out of it. Then he dropped his lifelong dream in 5 seconds? They became a successful real estate company in 2 seconds?

Reactions: 6
He is a millionaire. I’d say that’s pretty rich.

Reactions: 4
Pete is the type of millionaire who could lose it all in a heartbeat. Between the boy toy addiction, the shopping addiction and the substance abuse, he’s set up for failure.

Reactions: 6
He's a millionaire but he shares a house with someone? Don't know what type of house he has or how it's set up but when I used to watch he mentioned a few times there was someone else who lived in the house and they split the mortgage or something

He's a millionaire but he shares a house with someone? Don't know what type of house he has or how it's set up but when I used to watch he mentioned a few times there was someone else who lived in the house and they split the mortgage or something
Walter? If so, I'm sure he bought him out.

He would have a roommate because he didn't like living alone since he is a lonely person.

Reactions: 2
Shame on Ryno, who advocates for the fair treatment of gay people only to work for, and therefore enable, a predator of young and often vulnerable men.
I say to Ryno, if you're reading this, your silence is deafening.
🤢 I hate myself for saying that phrase 😂

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.