The DisUnplugged #4 They tried to make Pete go to rehab, but he said I need my phone!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The live show was annoying today...too many stupid jokes, innuendos and laughing about nothing. The discussion about Pixar pier hotel in Disneyland was excruciating. Julie, Ryno, Erica and Craig are a bad combination.
I gave up on the tuesday show and started watching the kingdom report live show on saturdays. Love the professionalism without the drama. kinda like how the DIS team used to be imho but with better production value.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
The live show was annoying today...too many stupid jokes, innuendos and laughing about nothing. The discussion about Pixar pier hotel in Disneyland was excruciating. Julie, Ryno, Erica and Craig are a bad combination.
It wasn't exactly the Dream Team.
The Laugh Track, Whino, Mumbles and Oy Oy.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I'm still trying to figure out why, according to Rhino, someone is trash if they are on the Galactic Star Cruiser without a camera.
When talking about the Star Cruiser, he said he'd like to go again, but this time he didn't want to bring a camera. He quickly amended his statement to say he'd bring one because he's not "trash"

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
The aftershow this week is what it always should be, chit chat without Pete talking over everyone the entire time.

I couldn't make it through this week's show. I know it has been said Julie and Corey can't be on together because one of them has to be home with the kids but I wish they'd alternate. Julie's laughing all the time is likely a nervous tick so I try not to judge too much but this week it was a little much. Maybe that is a me problem. Is she a substitute teacher now?

Ryno hosting is terrible. I'm not expecting 60 minutes level polish on the show but my God, at least keep the train near the tracks. If the show gets any worse the residents of East Palestine, OH will be sending in their thoughts and prayers.

Too soon?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
I couldn't make it through this week's show. I know it has been said Julie and Corey can't be on together because one of them has to be home with the kids but I wish they'd alternate. Julie's laughing all the time is likely a nervous tick so I try not to judge too much but this week it was a little much. Maybe that is a me problem. Is she a substitute teacher now?

Ryno hosting is terrible. I'm not expecting 60 minutes level polish on the show but my God, at least keep the train near the tracks. If the show gets any worse the residents of East Palestine, OH will be sending in their thoughts and prayers.

Too soon?
I suspect Corey is really just not interested in going on the show. I mean would you want to be on that trainwreck?

Reactions: 4
One has to wonder with good people like JL, Deni, Panda and others leaving, what is wrong with the people that stay?
Obviously Pete is a horrible boss and most people leave this company and the turn around is ramping up. Craig and Rhyno really can’t find anything else?

Reactions: 5
One has to wonder with good people like JL, Deni, Panda and others leaving, what is wrong with the people that stay?
Obviously Pete is a horrible boss and most people leave this company and the turn around is ramping up. Craig and Rhyno really can’t find anything else?
Pretty simple actually ..lazy fucks who think their job is soooo difficult. Most of the output is mid level or best quality wise. In it for the freebies or clout of being an influencer ..I would bet most don’t get off their ass before noon.
Wasn’t Craig just bitching that he was so tired from a free trip to New Orleans? Must be exhausting traveling and eating free.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Pretty simple actually ..lazy fucks who think their job is soooo difficult. Most of the output is mid level or best quality wise. In it for the freebies or clout of being an influencer ..I would bet most don’t get off their ass before noon.
Wasn’t Craig just bitching that he was so tired from a free trip to New Orleans? Must be exhausting traveling and eating free.
Absolutely agree!
If they all work full time it is insane what little output the youtube channel has. They should have multiple videos a day and look how many articles their competitors produce! It is quite shocking how little content the Dis produces.

And Craigs consistent whining about doing “so much”, but us the audience never really seeing anything, is definitely wearing thin.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I suspect Corey is really just not interested in going on the show. I mean would you want to be on that trainwreck?
Corey, John and Kevin stay clear of the dis side of things as much as possible. Pete has come very close to getting in civil legal trouble with hiring staff he’s attracted to, dating some and then wanting to fire them when it doesn’t work out. That’s what happened with Sean Faulk. From what I heard, John had to step in and stop Pete firing Sean so they didn’t get sued and that’s why Sean was made a travel agent.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
What would the next career steps be for Craig and Ryno? I suppose with his production skills Craig might be able to find something comparable soonish, but what jobs would Ryno be applying for? I'm asking out of genuine curiousity, not meanness, because I really don't know what Ryno does at the DIS, other than occasionally host a poor show and shopping vlogs.

Reactions: 3
What would the next career steps be for Craig and Ryno? I suppose with his production skills Craig might be able to find something comparable soonish, but what jobs would Ryno be applying for? I'm asking out of genuine curiousity, not meanness, because I really don't know what Ryno does at the DIS, other than occasionally host a poor show and shopping vlogs.
I know Craig and Molly from Mammoth Club are friends, it would be awesome if he joined in with them. There’s been speculation before that he edits for them, I think.

Craig and Ryno did some great Universal content before. The two of them work well together with personalities like Deni; Off the Rails was really fun with them. I like both of them a lot, but Ryno seems a little lost these days. Like he’s not even sure what it is that would work for him.

Touching on a comment a few up- I’m shocked there hasn’t been any civil suits surrounding Pete, honestly. I wonder if it’s because he directs his attention toward men, it’s not seen in the same light as if he were after women he employed?

Reactions: 8
Watching the new “dining” (?) show talking about new eats at the parks this summer… I genuinely just can’t understand why Pete would fire Fiasco then hire and seemingly push HARD someone like Erika. I don’t mean to be hateful but she is NOT a radio or vlog personality and it is abysmal watching her try to become a new dis regular. I just don’t understand. Craig & ryno clearly don’t take her seriously

Reactions: 6
The fact that Craig and all these vloggers were given paid trips to New Orleans by Disney pisses me off to no end. I know for a fact that one of the key production Imagineers working on Tiana's Bayou Adventure was not taken to New Orleans at all for any research trips (elements of their work has been used in much of the recent promotional materials for the ride). A little tidbit, I have been told that none of the Splash Mountain animals will survive for the Tiana ride.

• Wow
  • Sad
Well I haven’t been banned but my Disboard account has been deprioritized so I am guessing it was Corey.

I posted that Julie and Ryan went too far talking about politics. Lol so apparently it’s not okay to give them feedback it’s too political, they just shut you down.

As soon as I log in, the site goes to a crawl and takes a long time to load making it too difficult to use. Each page change I have to wait again. If I log out or go to a private tab it works perfectly.

Oh well, I was basically done. Like I said, I just got back from my first trip and while other sites and podcasts helped a ton, the newer Dis stuff really was a poor source. The exceptions were older stuff or park videos Craig had done alone, those did help.

For instance, I saw on another site Disney had loaded into inventory some original MBs for $10 to clear them out. I ordered them through my reservation and got 2 for $21.42, engraved and delivered. Those original MBs were just perfect for our needs. We hadn’t been planning to buy them so it was a huge win to grab them and gave us the full WDW experience.

The DBC podcast, the Disney World is Awesome podcast, Molly, Disney Food blog, Ear Scouts were pretty helpful. I can’t think of all of the ones I used to prepare but the Dis has a ton of competition now. You can’t wing it anymore.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.