The DisUnplugged #4 They tried to make Pete go to rehab, but he said I need my phone!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He's a millionaire but he shares a house with someone? Don't know what type of house he has or how it's set up but when I used to watch he mentioned a few times there was someone else who lived in the house and they split the mortgage or something
No one lives there unless it’s Pete’s way of “helping” someone which means controlling them. Charles used to live with him when Charles was released from jail and needed a place to stay while on parole/probation, but did not pay anything. No one splits the mortage but the house is/was in his ex husbands name because Pete’s credit was terrible when he was drinking

Reactions: 2
No one lives there unless it’s Pete’s way of “helping” someone which means controlling them. Charles used to live with him when Charles was released from jail and needed a place to stay while on parole/probation, but did not pay anything. No one splits the mortage but the house is/was in his ex husbands name because Pete’s credit was terrible when he was drinking
I think on this thread, I've read that Walter (Theresa's brother/Pete's ex) owns the house, but also when Pete went to rehab his fiance was in the process of moving into the house. I haven't heard about that relationship in a minute so either he's doing a good job not trying to flaunt it and draw attention, or they've broken up.

He is a millionaire. I’d say that’s pretty rich.
Most Americans with a 25 year old business are millionaires these days. Again he is nothing special...he just has a platform to tell a lot of people he is special and people buy into it. The fact that I have to argue that here on a blog that is not favorable to him sort of proves my point of buying into his bloviating. He has no children to support...so he can buy the designer shirt, travel is part of his business and doesn't cost as much as it does for us, his house is a regular middle class house. I find nothing about him as rich.

Reactions: 1
Most Americans with a 25 year old business are millionaires these days. Again he is nothing special...he just has a platform to tell a lot of people he is special and people buy into it. The fact that I have to argue that here on a blog that is not favorable to him sort of proves my point of buying into his bloviating. He has no children to support...so he can buy the designer shirt, travel is part of his business and doesn't cost as much as it does for us, his house is a regular middle class house. I find nothing about him as rich.
I actually think its the opposite. This thread is filled with people who are here to honestly criticize and discuss the DisUnplugged. If even on this site many people are telling you you might be mistaken about a criticism about Pete etc., maybe its not that Pete has all of us tricked as well.

Either way, you are entitled to think he isn't "rich", because I guess the meaning of "rich" can be subjective.

I think part of the skewed perception of Pete's wealth is the flaunting of his discretionary item purchases. He has no children to pass his money to. He has mentioned some nieces and nephews but that's on a different level.
Some might think I'm crazy that I can live a much more lavish lifestyle than I do now but that desire is eclipsed by the stronger desire to leave something to my children to make their lives a little more comfortable after I'm gone.
I apologize if I just took this thread a little off track.

Never said he was special. Just pointing out that he is financially rich. Also your idea that MOST people with a 25 year old business are millionaires is ridiculous

Reactions: 4
I think part of the skewed perception of Pete's wealth is the flaunting of his discretionary item purchases. He has no children to pass his money to. He has mentioned some nieces and nephews but that's on a different level.
Some might think I'm crazy that I can live a much more lavish lifestyle than I do now but that desire is eclipsed by the stronger desire to leave something to my children to make their lives a little more comfortable after I'm gone.
I apologize if I just took this thread a little off track.
Ya, anyone who’s into finance know most rich folks just buy investible assets, you wouldn’t know I’m rich by my car, home, or (lack of) jewelry, it’s more about what people don’t spend.

• Haha
Ya, anyone who’s into finance know most rich folks just buy investible assets, you wouldn’t know I’m rich by my car, home, or (lack of) jewelry, it’s more about what people don’t spend.
Oh, I don't know. Pete seems pretty frugal when reimbursing his already low-paid employees for legitimate business expenses.
Give the man some credit.

Man, what a dumpster fire that place sounds like. Between the abuse (sexual and otherwise), the poor pay, and being laughingstocks in the Disney community, I'm not sure what forces Ryno and Craig to stay. Disney reads these boards (or they soon will, I assure you); how can you go to these events/interviews with anything but a sense of shame that you've sold out to this maniac? Everyone is either laughing at you or pitying you at this point.

Do you know how many legitimate companies (that offer genuine futures ) employ Comunity Managers on their social media teams?

Have some pride, guys.

Reactions: 3
I just looked at Pete's Facebook and it no longer shows that he is engaged. Trouble in paradise?...with Pete, always.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
"I wonder what happened to my fiance? I know he's here somewhere. John, Kevin, have you seen my fiance?"

(over gestures with painted nails)
"Sean are you going upstairs? Tell my fiance I'm looking for him. I have lost my fiance, the poor baby."

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Anyone noticed Panda has been putting out more content? Seems like he is really trying to increase his content production. I caught his livestream for about 5 minutes tonight before I had to put the kids to bed. It was good, he seemed to have an easy flow of conversation between guests. Morgan, formerly of the DIS, was a contributor.

I think it’s w good thing for Panda. Clearly the DIS has too much drama for most people to handle, and it’s nice to see people move on and still be able to enjoy their passion.

Reactions: 11
Never said he was special. Just pointing out that he is financially rich. Also your idea that MOST people with a 25 year old business are millionaires is ridiculous
I'm not sure how that is ridiculous. A million dollars is not what it used to be and yes in your own business for 25 years your business alone is going to be worth that much. So no it is not ridiculous and I don't consider him rich. Uggh

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Allow me to save you some time with these Cliff's Notes on Sean's posts

1) Pete hires a male prostitute
2) Pete puts the male prostitute on his company's payroll, so John and Kevin could essentially pick up the tab
3) Pete love bombs the prostitute by gifting him a side-hustle real estate business
4) When the prostitute actually proves to be a competent real estate agent, Pete becomes insecure and verbally/emotionally abusive
5) Prostitute breaks up with Pete and marries his old boyfriend
6) Not to be outdone, Pete finds a rebound boy toy whom he instantly love bombs with tacky jewelry, extravagant trips, and an engagement ring.
7) During a podcast, Pete awkwardly brags to John (while touching his hand)that the engagement ring he gave to his new boy toy was from a romantic trip John and Pete once took to Disneyland
8) This cringy podcast moment was triggered when Kevin (John's husband) dared to suggest that Pete wasn't given special treatment at the Grand Californian (because he's "kind of a big deal"), but rather everyone is treated well at the hotel.
9) Following Pete's passive-aggressive floppy-seconds reminder, John and Kevin basically remove themselves from the podcast.
10) Not to be outdone, Pete returns to rehab, where he realizes he is burned out on Disney World and also removes himself from the show.
11) Kevin and John try to return to the show because Pete is finally gone, but (not to be outdone) Pete makes a "guest appearance" on the same episode and commanders the entire show by filibustering his disgust for the parks while pleasantly reminding the room that "I still own all this tit!"
12) Pete then hands over the podcast to two abused sycophants who now have to pretend that Pete's disdain for WDW hasn't tarnished their own passion for the parks, not to mention the entire show. A brilliantly executed succession plan if I've ever seen one.

And that, FilmingThePublic, pretty much brings you up to speed.

Next up on the DisUnplugged's Tigger King: "Why Frontierland's new cupcakes suck, and introducing the newest member of our team - Pete's new Gucci-clad masseuse."
Holy moly that was an amazing run down!!!! Thank you for that and I’m sure others have also benefited from this!

Reactions: 3
Over on the boards someone asked if there would be another auction. I would be surprised. The cancellations for the last GKTW/Dis crossover event were handled very poorly. They still ran the auction but it did not do well and the team complexly dropped the ball on promoting it. Though, to be fair Florida was under hurricane warnings at the time. There is some grace but still the whole thing was botched and kind of a mess in the end.

Even more telling is the event was never rescheduled for the spring like they suggested it would be.

I am interested to see their relationship with GKTW moving forward.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Over on the boards someone asked if there would be another auction. I would be surprised. The cancellations for the last GKTW/Dis crossover event were handled very poorly. They still ran the auction but it did not do well and the team complexly dropped the ball on promoting it. Though, to be fair Florida was under hurricane warnings at the time. There is some grace but still the whole thing was botched and kind of a mess in the end.

Even more telling is the event was never rescheduled for the spring like they suggested it would be.

I am interested to see their relationship with GKTW moving forward.
Shouldn't it be better than ever since Deni went to work for GKTW?

Shouldn't it be better than ever since Deni went to work for GKTW?
I think it was going to be before Deni launched her own YT channel and is covering a lot of the same stuff the Dis is. It was very noticeable that she was in the show chat after she left but has not been since her channel started. I don't think Pete thought to have her sign a non-compete because he figured she was just going to GKTW.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.