The DisUnplugged #4 They tried to make Pete go to rehab, but he said I need my phone!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Update: now it doesn’t load at all while I am logged in, but if I go to a private tab where I am not logged in it works completely fine.

That’s crazy. I am not even far right wing, I am moderate and just thought the views went too far into the area if you don’t agree with them you are homophobic.

We ALL were supporting a podcast and businesses run by gays!

If they banned everyone who responded to a political discussion THEY STARTED, that’s crazy. FYI, I had zero points before they banned me, I just didn’t 100% agree with them on politics. The lawyers will handle it to resolve it, I wanted to plan a trip to WDW, that’s why I listened.

If they plan to ban anyone who doesn’t agree with them…they are 100% part of the problem and creating divisiveness and hate.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
The fact that Craig and all these vloggers were given paid trips to New Orleans by Disney pisses me off to no end. I know for a fact that one of the key production Imagineers working on Tiana's Bayou Adventure was not taken to New Orleans at all for any research trips (elements of their work has been used in much of the recent promotional materials for the ride). A little tidbit, I have been told that none of the Splash Mountain animals will survive for the Tiana ride.
Honestly this isn't surprising. They're all in really rough shape and break down a lot. I can see them wanting to go with new animatronics that will hopefully work better and need less maintenance.

Reactions: 3
It's not exactly surprising that a group of aging childless queens have nothing but utter disdain for Disney World, the fun capital of the world for young families.

What baffles me, however, is that they would open up a travel agency dedicated almost exclusively to hawking trips to the place that they themselves "refuse to step foot in."

And then publicly voice their contempt for their own product on a weekly podcast. "This episode of the DisUnplugged is brought to you by Dreams Unlimited experts in planning your Magical Disney World vacation. Now let's dive into a 60-minute panel discussion about everything we hate about Disney World and why the magic is dead."

Or, choose to open up a side-hustle real estate agency dedicated to "moving to the magic" when it's clear all that does is cause people to actually burn out on the magic.

Or, how the Dis manages to maintain a long-standing relationship with Give Kids the World while Pete Werner is clearly a serial predator of young men and male prostitutes. You can only damage the reputation of a virtual travel agency staffed by stay-at-home moms so much. But GKTW exists to help critically ill children and should not be putting their corporate donations at risk by associating with someone who openly abuses his authority for sexual favors.

Reactions: 9
It's not exactly surprising that a group of aging childless queens have nothing but utter disdain for Disney World, the fun capital of the world for young families.

What baffles me, however, is that they would open up a travel agency dedicated almost exclusively to hawking trips to the place that they themselves "refuse to step foot in."

And then publicly voice their contempt for their own product on a weekly podcast. "This episode of the DisUnplugged is brought to you by Dreams Unlimited experts in planning your Magical Disney World vacation. Now let's dive into a 60-minute panel discussion about everything we hate about Disney World and why the magic is dead."

Or, choose to open up a side-hustle real estate agency dedicated to "moving to the magic" when it's clear all that does is cause people to actually burn out on the magic.

Or, how the Dis manages to maintain a long-standing relationship with Give Kids the World while Pete Werner is clearly a serial predator of young men and male prostitutes. You can only damage the reputation of a virtual travel agency staffed by stay-at-home moms so much. But GKTW exists to help critically ill children and should not be putting their corporate donations at risk by associating with someone who openly abuses his authority for sexual favors.
They started the travel agency when both Pete and John were still fans of Disney. Well, at lease Pete was. The problem is that they eventually grew tired of Disney, but Dreams paid all the bills. So, they are stuck with it. Pete legitimately was a fan at one time. I think John mainly tolerated it after he had a brief stint working for Disney.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Honestly this isn't surprising. They're all in really rough shape and break down a lot. I can see them wanting to go with new animatronics that will hopefully work better and need less maintenance.
True. I was there in December and Splash Mountain was in horrific shape. I am very optimistic about the quality of the new figures, and there will be plenty of them.

Reactions: 4
True. I was there in December and Splash Mountain was in horrific shape. I am very optimistic about the quality of the new figures, and there will be plenty of them.
yeah there’s really nothing wrong with gutting it. It’s been in desperate need of repair all around for years.

Reactions: 2
Once Disney decided to get rid of Splash Mountain there was no point in keeping the odd frog here or there. This is not a 'refurb' it's a totally new concept. What they lose is the kitsch characters, with obvious wires and poles moving them - this was all part of the fun of an old original ride. Tiana's will probably have back projections and 'lifelike' animatronics - but it won't be the strange world of splash mountain. I'm sure Country Bears will be updated one day and will ruin the fun of the old Disney.

• Haha
The latest episode was an absolute snooze fest. They have zero chemistry and nothing of value to talk about. Their podcast needs to be cancelled or completely revamped.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Soon enough the YouTube views will reflect the dearth of talent on the Dis panel.

Craig is an endless fount of cringe: The weird vocal affectations, the pointless rambling, and the almost comical certainty he is saying something interesting when he never is. He's unwatchable, and meant to be a producer. Push the buttons, let Ryno do the talking. Fire Mumbles and split her salary. It's not that complicated.

Len Testa and Jim Hill prove every week you don't need the crutch of a panel discussion to generate 60 minutes of good content. Brayden Holness at Mickey Views proves you don't even need a two people. And all three of them prove you can consistently produce upbeat, fan-friendly content. Especially when you actually prepare for the show like Len and Brayden clearly do.

Brayden's YouTube views trounce The Dis every week. For example, his post yesterday has more than 116,000 views while Craig's post from two days ago has 17,000. Because Brayden is likable, well-spoken and most of all positive. It's a fun watch because he is clearly having fun producing it.

Now, Craig. I know you read these boards. But spare yourself and especially us, the douche chill that you give everyone when you try to be Fake Positive Craig.

It's too late, you hate Disney and your job. So just push the buttons.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
So Panda posted a video on his channel the other day, in the first minute or two he mentioned that he didn't know if he was going to go back to a normal 9-5 or stick with his channel. But it made me think about how he mentioned on the Tuesday show that he was leaving because an opportunity presented itself that he couldn't pass up. Makes me think he was running for his life from all The Dis chaos. And for what it's worth, in the last 12 months he has posted about 17 videos and most are only between 1k and 3k views even with 101k subscribers. I'm curious to see what happens next with him but I don't think he's telling us everything, hmm..

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
This may be restating what’s already been said but Pete not going to the park has the added disadvantage of Disney can’t change your mind.

Like if you repeat the same narrative over and over and never return, it grows a little bit but also becomes gospel truth to you.

I had so many preconceived notions going into our trip about service, crowds, weather, etc.

The DBC podcast was just talking how crowds have been lower this month and that’s what we experienced, all of our days came out lower than Touring Plans projected. For example our MK day was suppose to be a 4 or 5 and was a 2. The 2 sounds right because I kept saying to my partner yeah it’s not crowded here at all. Going into our trip we tried to mentally prepare ourselves for lines and the longest lines we waited in were Guardians and Tron after our BGs were called. I am not saying there weren’t lines but using a little bit of planning and Genie Plus we feel we navigated it well and rode and saw almost everything. Our list of missed things after 4 park days is short.

Another example is weather and first, I do acknowledge our flight into Orlando was delayed because of weather. However, we found the weather in May to be very pleasant. I was expecting to both burn up and be drenched in rain every few hours. We only got a slight drizzle in AK for an hour or so and the temperatures were great all week. I imagine if you avoid the height of summer, the heat isn’t as big of a factor.

If Pete had been in the parks he could have given a more updated view about the quality of service, crowd levels, etc.

Our experience was extremely positive, and just didn’t reflect what Pete has been saying.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
This may be restating what’s already been said but Pete not going to the park has the added disadvantage of Disney can’t change your mind.

Like if you repeat the same narrative over and over and never return, it grows a little bit but also becomes gospel truth to you.

I had so many preconceived notions going into our trip about service, crowds, weather, etc.

The DBC podcast was just talking how crowds have been lower this month and that’s what we experienced, all of our days came out lower than Touring Plans projected. For example our MK day was suppose to be a 4 or 5 and was a 2. The 2 sounds right because I kept saying to my partner yeah it’s not crowded here at all. Going into our trip we tried to mentally prepare ourselves for lines and the longest lines we waited in were Guardians and Tron after our BGs were called. I am not saying there weren’t lines but using a little bit of planning and Genie Plus we feel we navigated it well and rode and saw almost everything. Our list of missed things after 4 park days is short.

Another example is weather and first, I do acknowledge our flight into Orlando was delayed because of weather. However, we found the weather in May to be very pleasant. I was expecting to both burn up and be drenched in rain every few hours. We only got a slight drizzle in AK for an hour or so and the temperatures were great all week. I imagine if you avoid the height of summer, the heat isn’t as big of a factor.

If Pete had been in the parks he could have given a more updated view about the quality of service, crowd levels, etc.

Our experience was extremely positive, and just didn’t reflect what Pete has been saying.
The only way Pete will tour the parks nowadays are the limited ticketed After Hours Events or splurging for a Plaid VIP Guide.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The only way Pete will tour the parks nowadays are the limited ticketed After Hours Events or splurging for a Plaid VIP Guide.
But why do that when a plaid will cost half of a cruise in concierge? You know, that attainable vacay that is constantly being shared about.

• Haha
So Panda posted a video on his channel the other day, in the first minute or two he mentioned that he didn't know if he was going to go back to a normal 9-5 or stick with his channel. But it made me think about how he mentioned on the Tuesday show that he was leaving because an opportunity presented itself that he couldn't pass up.
This is very suspect! I agree that he made it seem like the offer was too good to refuse and it wasn't Disney related. Also, he insisted that there was no drama or any background issues going on with his leaving, just a different opportunity. He let that whole smokescreen slip in plain sight!

• Haha
Reactions: 8

The entire lot of these narcissists chronically confuse their own Local Resident Burnout with "The Magic is Dying."

It's utter nonsense.

I just spent nine nights at Copper Creek and loved every minute of it: The parks we're pristine and well-staffed with professional castmates, the restaurants were all on point and (for the ultimate piece of counter programming to the Burnouts) Genie+ was awesome. We would sleep in every day, have a leisurely breakfast, work out and then get to the parks in the afternoon. With Genie, we'd hit all the attractions and shows we'd want that day without ever having to wait in a long line. It's simply the best managed theme park experience in the world. Disney could work some kinks out of the Genie system for sure (like having to get up at 7 a.m. to book attractions, which is really dumb), but to constantly repeat the tired old refrain that magic is dead because they managed to implement a highly advanced crowd avoidance system in one of the most crowded places in the world is just plain wrong.

If you were to watch the "expert advice"of these people (who ironically make their money selling WDW packages) you'd expect the place to be falling apart at the seams. I guess that's the one good thing about this podcast, they lower expectations so much before you get there that you're incredibly pleased when you arrive.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I haven't watched their vlogs in ages. They used to be my go-to for Disney news/info but their content just got boring. I don't have time to sit through a 20 minute food review video that should take 5 minutes max. I can't take their droning on and on listing every adjective they can think of to describe the food. Plus their round table vlogs are just useless (even more so now).

• Haha
Reactions: 5
If Pete is too stupid to see that badmouthing the very product you’re trying sell is career suicide, that’s his misfortune. Also all these people that move to Orlando to be “close to the magic“ and then get burned out are proof that you absolutely can get too much of a good thing.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The entire lot of these narcissists chronically confuse their own Local Resident Burnout with "The Magic is Dying."

It's utter nonsense.

I just spent nine nights at Copper Creek and loved every minute of it: The parks we're pristine and well-staffed with professional castmates, the restaurants were all on point and (for the ultimate piece of counter programming to the Burnouts) Genie+ was awesome. We would sleep in every day, have a leisurely breakfast, work out and then get to the parks in the afternoon. With Genie, we'd hit all the attractions and shows we'd want that day without ever having to wait in a long line. It's simply the best managed theme park experience in the world. Disney could work some kinks out of the Genie system for sure (like having to get up at 7 a.m. to book attractions, which is really dumb), but to constantly repeat the tired old refrain that magic is dead because they managed to implement a highly advanced crowd avoidance system in one of the most crowded places in the world is just plain wrong.

If you were to watch the "expert advice"of these people (who ironically make their money selling WDW packages) you'd expect the place to be falling apart at the seams. I guess that's the one good thing about this podcast, they lower expectations so much before you get there that you're incredibly pleased when you arrive.
THIS!! Thank you!
The Dis Unplugged has become the Disney burnout channel, a bunch of people who have gotten over it because they're doing it for work and choose to blame Disney for their unhappiness. The magic isn't dying, they have just stopped noticing the magic.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.