The DisUnplugged #4 They tried to make Pete go to rehab, but he said I need my phone!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Even if they weren't invited by Universal, you'd think as a company, Pete would want to pay for them to be out there for it.
Very true. Im sure it will not get covered until one of them is on a personal trip out there and they will make a few ig posts and throw up a video. Ive always wondered how their pay structure is when they are there on a personal trip but make videos for the dis. Like when they went to D23 they mentioned multiple times Pete wasn't paying for them to go but they still made content.

Reactions: 4
Even if they weren't invited by Universal, you'd think as a company, Pete would want to pay for them to be out there for it.
I don't think they have any interest in covering California whether invited or not even though they supposedly having a party there this year. They ended the Disneyland podcast years ago and went once or twice since the the pandemic and weren't they just complaining a few weeks ago that they didn't get invited to the 100th stuff and also didn't show up to cover it on their own? It seems like a dumb business decision but theres better coverage anyway.

Reactions: 2
I don't think they have any interest in covering California whether invited or not even though they supposedly having a party there this year. They ended the Disneyland podcast years ago and went once or twice since the the pandemic and weren't they just complaining a few weeks ago that they didn't get invited to the 100th stuff and also didn't show up to cover it on their own? It seems like a dumb business decision but theres better coverage anyway.
Very interesting they didn't get invited for the 100 stuff. Me thinks Pete doesn't have as many friends at Disney as he thinks he does.

Did they cancel the Disneyland edition before Galaxy's Edge opened? I remember them going out there for that, assuming because it would be coming to Orlando soon after.

They could swing that same logic for Nintendo, but it's a few years down the line until that's here I guess.

Did they cancel the Disneyland edition before Galaxy's Edge opened? I remember them going out there for that, assuming because it would be coming to Orlando soon after.

They could swing that same logic for Nintendo, but it's a few years down the line until that's here I guess.
The last podcast I can find was December 2019 so after Galaxy's Edge. They have talked about Nintendo on the Universal podcast and Pete has brought up Epic Universe before so its not like covering it would be abnormal. Maybe Craig has an excuse with his baby but for neither of them to go to that or Disneyland for the 100th its strange and points to someone being cheap and not wanting to spend. Is rehab really expensive?

I think Julie's laughing is a nervous tick more than laughing at her own jokes. It is just her version of "ums" or pregnant pauses. The rumor back in 2020 was one of them had to stay home with the kids so they couldn't both be on the show but Corey hasn't been on in ages. I prefer him to her, and she is a little annoying, but I can get past the laughing knowing it is more likely than not subconscious.

I got the impression when they cancelled the DL show years ago that they were going to focus purely on the FL parks and let DL just be a vacation. If I'm being honest I don't blame them. As much as I love the parks and would go all the time if I were local I have no doubt going as part of a job takes some of the magic away. Keeping that magic at least a little alive for non-FL parks makes sense and I'm not sure from an income perspective they made much on CA.

A couple of the recent shows have been decent and I hope they continue. While the revelations I've read on these boards have very much soured the whole channel for me I listened from the start and miss when they were a genuinely interesting show that felt like friends talking.

Reactions: 7
I think Julie's laughing is a nervous tick more than laughing at her own jokes. It is just her version of "ums" or pregnant pauses. The rumor back in 2020 was one of them had to stay home with the kids so they couldn't both be on the show but Corey hasn't been on in ages. I prefer him to her, and she is a little annoying, but I can get past the laughing knowing it is more likely than not subconscious.

I got the impression when they cancelled the DL show years ago that they were going to focus purely on the FL parks and let DL just be a vacation. If I'm being honest I don't blame them. As much as I love the parks and would go all the time if I were local I have no doubt going as part of a job takes some of the magic away. Keeping that magic at least a little alive for non-FL parks makes sense and I'm not sure from an income perspective they made much on CA.

A couple of the recent shows have been decent and I hope they continue. While the revelations I've read on these boards have very much soured the whole channel for me I listened from the start and miss when they were a genuinely interesting show that felt like friends talking.
Couldn't agree more, the show having dining reviews or fun quizzes or Dustin's bracket shows are some of my favourites

I wonder if the CMs be screwed by the Mouse on wages will come up on the next show. Universal will pay $17 with other improved benis soon and Disney won’t move off of $16. Very short sighted sighted in the current Orlando labor market. They deserve a raise for dealing with these assholes, in addition to nonvlogger guests.

Reactions: 4
I am pretty sure that late 2019 was when they decided to cancel the podcasts, best and worst, and the Universal Show. They also did the "everything on it's own channel move" back then.

Not saying paring down wasn't the right call but it seems to be the moment the channel went off the rails, no pun intended to the show they literally started after that.

Could it have been related to A. the channel not performing comparably to other channels B. they were bleeding money/poor ROI or C. Pete wanting to offload the company/loss interest? This was pre-pandemic so that just affected the trajectory.

I wonder if the CMs be screwed by the Mouse on wages will come up on the next show. Universal will pay $17 with other improved benis soon and Disney won’t move off of $16. Very short sighted sighted in the current Orlando labor market. They deserve a raise for dealing with these assholes, in addition to nonvlogger guests.
I'm sure they will. As much as I can't stand Tom Corless most of the time, he's been really hammering in the wage discussion lately. I'm sure that will rub off on other vloggers.

Reactions: 1
With her purple hat green hair and red lipstick her joker look was complete

I'm sure they will. As much as I can't stand Tom Corless most of the time, he's been really hammering in the wage discussion lately. I'm sure that will rub off on other vloggers.
As much as I like Tom and WDWNT, isn't he paying his writers like 15 dollars an hour? Its great to stand up for cast members when no one else will but then paying your staff less than cast members want is wrong unless he is hiring writers with no experience and trains them. I might be wrong but it is like watching the next generation Pete yelling and ranting at Disney lately and the support follows for the person speaking it like it is and is one step away from making Disney great again. Love the message and hope Disney wakes up, but dont like his current approach.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
As much as I like Tom and WDWNT, isn't he paying his writers like 15 dollars an hour? Its great to stand up for cast members when no one else will but then paying your staff less than cast members want is wrong unless he is hiring writers with no experience and trains them. I might be wrong but it is like watching the next generation Pete yelling and ranting at Disney lately and the support follows for the person speaking it like it is and is one step away from making Disney great again. Love the message and hope Disney wakes up, but dont like his current approach.
he’s doing it for clicks do you think he gives a duck especially when he doesn’t pay his staff like you said a “Living Wage”?

Reactions: 1
he’s doing it for clicks do you think he gives a duck especially when he doesn’t pay his staff like you said a “Living Wage”?
I think the bigger outcry was he was looking for pretty much an executive personnel assistant and that job paid $15 a hour to be pretty much on call at all times to do whatever Tom needed.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Yes he said in a recent video that he generally starts people at $15 at WDWNT

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I used the visit the Disboards daily, almost since the time it was created. I really haven't been on there much in the last year or two. Wow has that placed almost died. It seems the major activity is now mainly DVC and people trying to sell/rent points. The Disunplugged podcast board was basically dead as well. Kind of sad to see honestly.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.