The DisUnplugged #4 They tried to make Pete go to rehab, but he said I need my phone!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's who he is, folks...
I was asked who the hell I am. Read the the quote of the person who went off on me.
I really don't understand why anyone would be against people being paid enough to live on. It's really bizarre how angry it makes people at the mere suggestion that a business should take care of their employees.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
To make this all more relevant to this thread, can we all at least discuss whether Pete pays his employees a livable wage ?

Reactions: 11
To make this all more relevant to this thread, can we all at least discuss whether Pete pays his employees a livable wage ?
With how much Craig bemoans about how long it takes to get reimbursed and that's why he only reviews QS restaurants now, it doesn't appear so.

Reactions: 11
I was asked who the hell I am. Read the the quote of the person who went off on me.
I really don't understand why anyone would be against people being paid enough to live on. It's really bizarre how angry it makes people at the mere suggestion that a business should take care of their employees.
It really doesn't make sense.. at all. Why would it make someone mad to know that someone else is being paid enough to be able to afford an apartment on their own?

The same ones saying theme park employees don't deserve a living wage will be the same ones complaining that the parks are understaffed and rides are closed.

But yeah, I've always wondered how much people actually get paid at the DIS. I'd have to imagine Craig is probably the highest paid employee, and he even seems to complain about his pay. Who knows if that's just him being deadpan or being serious, though.

Reactions: 10
Yeah Ryno always complains about his financial situation. But rather than change his situation, he just continues to stay at this job and complain about it. So Pete pays them enough to live, but not to thrive.

Reactions: 7
Yeah Ryno always complains about his financial situation. But rather than change his situation, he just continues to stay at this job and complain about it. So Pete pays them enough to live, but not to thrive.
I'm curious about where Ryno lives, he makes it sound like he lives in the ghetto of Camden lol

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I was always surprised that he got away with complaining about his financial state as much as he does. Im surprised Pete hasn't reigned him in on that. He really does make it seem like he is living in poverty. If memory serves doesn't he live with someone? I know having two incomes doesn't necessarily make you comfortable financially but it sure helps. They also don't have any kids to support and this may come off harsh and I apologize if it does BUT if you have two able-bodied men living in a home together, and you are that bad off I have minimal compassion for not doing anything to change your circumstances. Especially when it seems like Whino does very little at his current job.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I was always surprised that he got away with complaining about his financial state as much as he does. Im surprised Pete hasn't reigned him in on that. He really does make it seem like he is living in poverty. If memory serves doesn't he live with someone? I know having two incomes doesn't necessarily make you comfortable financially but it sure helps. They also don't have any kids to support and this may come off harsh and I apologize if it does BUT if you have two able-bodied men living in a home together, and you are that bad off I have minimal compassion for not doing anything to change your circumstances. Especially when it seems like Whino does very little at his current job.
Yeah, he lives with his partner. His partner does interpretation for sign language (or something like that).

Reactions: 2
The dis employees probably know how much the company makes and working with Pete who throws around a lot of money maybe why they feel they deserve more

And I may be wrong here, but I believe that is a fairly well-paid job.
You can have a well paying job and still struggle if you have a lot of debt. We don't know if Eli has debt too. It's really hard to get out of debt and with inflation it's even harder. He also seems to have a big problem buying collectables...I'm sure he could do with selling some of them, if you see videos he does from home when he's not in his loft area their home is packed with stuff everywhere.

He also seems to have a big problem buying collectables...
So an entitled millennial with a job that's not a niche-skillset or requires a lot of education or training and has bad spending habits is continuing to cry that he's poor?

He's free to Negotiate with his employer for more money. If the employer says no, he can
1. Improve his value to the company and have more reasons to be paid more
2. Start his own business
3. Pull himself up by his bootstraps and find additional revenue streams
4. Quit buying collectables

• Haha
Reactions: 8
If you think someone should make more money, feel free to hand them a check instead of insisting it's someone else's responsibility. Any takers?

When I was in college, I was full-time the entire time. I was able to load my schedule on Tuesdays/Thursdays only for 6 semesters. I literally had 5 days off. So yes, I could've worked at Disney at 10 AM on a Wednesday as a full-time college student. There are arrangements and flexibility---I was fortunate to avoid the monotonous 8-5 M-F rat race for most of my working career everyone else seemed content to be trapped in. People think I'm crazy for working days/nights/holidays/weekends. I think they're crazy working 40 years looking forward to only 2 days off a week, and every time they go out it's when everyone else is so it's crowded.

Regardless, Disney has a massive benefit that's not considered here: free and heavily subsidized entertainment. To work at Disney, you may be sacrificing a higher salary/wage (OR---maybe NOT because Disney is your best option)...however, in exchange your entertainment cost is zero. Say you worked at another company and pulled $10k more, but you want to go to Disney. Suddenly, you're paying thousands in tickets/passes for your family. And that's a one-time deal. If you work at Disney, you literally can go to the parks many times a year when you're off.

Disney workers get free entry. That's worth something. Don't forget when you pay to enter Disney, it's with after-tax dollars. So a $100 ticket is worth, what, $150 in gross wages? Disney workers also get deep discounts on food/merchandise/hotels. 50% off hotels, 20% off merchandise...so if you live in Orlando, don't work at Disney, but want to stay a week on property, your $10,000 higher salary elsewhere is wiped out. Because that $10k is taxed, and you're paying full price for everything.

There are plenty of scenarios where people are happier or willing to take a lower wage for the joy and benefits. I'm blessed to be in a position where my spouse doesn't work, and hasn't had to for 8 years. In exchange for a $0 salary, she enjoys being with the kids more and taking them to do things at 2 PM on a weekday where it's not crowded. Eventually the kids move out. If I lived in Orlando, should could easily choose to work at Disney. The salary she received would be just gravy for the family budget, but the savings in entertainment/vacationing would be huge. There are plenty of households where 1) they only need one income or 2) one income gets them 2/3rds of the way there. So yes, the other spouse can work for less than the breadwinner while pulling huge benefits like free/heavily subsidized vacations/entertainment.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Rynos video Tron lightcycyle was excellent. He showed the lights and a lot of scenery. Paging Mr. Morrow was selling a lot of his collections. All bloggers should think about their future when they grow older. Does Disney play health insurance that is worth a lot, social security etc

I’ve come around guys. If Ryno is paid a “living wage” for that bare minimum effort he puts into that job then cast members should be paid WAY more.

• Haha
You can have a well paying job and still struggle if you have a lot of debt. We don't know if Eli has debt too. It's really hard to get out of debt and with inflation it's even harder. He also seems to have a big problem buying collectables...I'm sure he could do with selling some of them, if you see videos he does from home when he's not in his loft area their home is packed with stuff everywhere.
Oh for sure, debt really plays a big part.

And yeah their house is filled to the brim with stuff. Probably a lot of money sitting on those shelves lol

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I don't know what I think about Julie's hat, but man I still have a huge thing for her.

• Sick
Reactions: 1
Erica actually made me sad at the beginning of this episode - we can tit on them but it seems like she's going through something awful.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.