The DisUnplugged #4 They tried to make Pete go to rehab, but he said I need my phone!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Craig bitching about the DVC event ..ok maybe it sucked but your not a member so who gives a tit ..and the asshole members inviting these bloggers for some sort of status …they don’t even mention your name to thank you.
This annoys me to no end. These Moonlight Magic events are for members and their families, not bloggers or influencers. The event is paid for by DVC, not member dues. They're limited and hard to get into using a lottery system on the crappy DVC website.

Getting extra tickets for bloggers is literally preventing a legitimate DVC member from being able to go.

The EPCOT event they went to had exclusive rare character meet and greets (Duffy, Alice in Wonderland characters, Miguel, Remy, etc.), practically unlimited access to Cosmic Rewind, Ratatouille, Frozen and most of the front of EPCOT, snack vouchers for the food booths and special fireworks after already seeing Harmonious.

What's to witch about? Most people don't go to Disney World on a weekly basis. This is a big deal to them. It's basically a free, but better after-hours event.

STFU and be grateful you got to go without paying $155 a person for an after-hours event or $30,000+ for a DVC membership!

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
This annoys me to no end. These Moonlight Magic events are for members and their families, not bloggers or influencers. The event is paid for by DVC, not member dues. They're limited and hard to get into using a lottery system on the crappy DVC website.

Getting extra tickets for bloggers is literally preventing a legitimate DVC member from being able to go.

The EPCOT event they went to had exclusive rare character meet and greets (Duffy, Alice in Wonderland characters, Miguel, Remy, etc.), practically unlimited access to Cosmic Rewind, Ratatouille, Frozen and most of the front of EPCOT, snack vouchers for the food booths and special fireworks after already seeing Harmonious.

What's to witch about? Most people don't go to Disney World on a weekly basis. This is a big deal to them. It's basically a free, but better after-hours event.

STFU and be grateful you got to go without paying $155 a person for an after-hours event or $30,000+ for a DVC membership!
I felt the same way with him at the cast member years of service celebrations like…why are you there? Odd Disney invite I’m assuming maybe Disney wanted media to show how they celebrate people who contributed to the company but outside a little blurb on the Tuesday show it sounds like he was out of place.

Reactions: 1
I felt the same way with him at the cast member years of service celebrations like…why are you there? Odd Disney invite I’m assuming maybe Disney wanted media to show how they celebrate people who contributed to the company but outside a little blurb on the Tuesday show it sounds like he was out of place.
I thought maybe it was a conciliation prize because they didn't get invited to the 100th celebration at Disneyland and made a thing about it on the show, but who knows.

Disney inviting media is fine. In the past, Disney has invited media to private DVC events. However, that doesn't take away slots from members. Members inviting bloggers and influencers does.

Reactions: 4

This is kind of a trash take. As a DVC member I invite whomever I feel like. There is no requirement that it be family or even close friends. So if that slot isn’t given to Craig it could be given to some other random who cares? There are podcasts of DVC Members who also complain about some of these events and the way they are laid out.
And yes. Most people don’t go to Disney World on a weekly basis, but it’s literally his job. So will he sometimes be jaded? Yes. Would I like him to perk up a bit and sell the magic? Yes. Am I going to tell him to STFU and eat that Mickey Bar quietly in the corner? No.

Reactions: 8
This is kind of a trash take. As a DVC member I invite whomever I feel like. There is no requirement that it be family or even close friends. So if that slot isn’t given to Craig it could be given to some other random who cares? There are podcasts of DVC Members who also complain about some of these events and the way they are laid out.
And yes. Most people don’t go to Disney World on a weekly basis, but it’s literally his job. So will he sometimes be jaded? Yes. Would I like him to perk up a bit and sell the magic? Yes. Am I going to tell him to STFU and eat that Mickey Bar quietly in the corner? No.
STFU Craig

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I mean I kinda agree it dilutes the specialness of DVC if you can “invite whomever I feel like”.

Reactions: 3
I mean I kinda agree it dilutes the specialness of DVC if you can “invite whomever I feel like”.
They could make it so the poeple attending had to be on the DVC room registration as guests. But then you would just add someone you want to take to your room end they never have to step inside. I own DVC but I will never get invited because it is only for "Blue Card" members, those that paid full price buying directly from Disney (or owned before 2010). I'm a While Card pleb.

Reactions: 2
They could make it so the poeple attending had to be on the DVC room registration as guests. But then you would just add someone you want to take to your room end they never have to step inside.
Once the technology gets better, it may come to that.

If you’re stupid enough to add a stranger/blogger/influencer to your room reservation, you have bigger problems.

Cant stand the vlogger invites to things either BUT there are multiple members of DVC on the podcast, so could have been one of them that brought them along as well.

Cant stand the vlogger invites to things either BUT there are multiple members of DVC on the podcast, so could have been one of them that brought them along as well.
Yeah people are forgetting this small detail lol. Craig's boss is literally a DVC member

• Haha
We need Sean to come back and give us some more stories about Pete. Come on Sean, make this page great and interesting again!

• Wow
We need Sean to come back and give us some more stories about Pete. Come on Sean, make this page great and interesting again!
@themando. What was thanksgiving/holidays like at Pete’s house? Did he really have it catered and did he treat the caters like tit like he does his employees?

Reactions: 6
I can't think of a worse way to spend Thanksgiving. I'd rather be the turkey.

• Haha
Honest question bc maybe I’m missing something. Ryno…what’s his job? I don’t read the site…does he write articles? Or maintain it somehow? They have a Universal channel and podcast and didn’t go to Mardi Gras until a month into the festival. He isn’t on the Tuesday show every week and wasn’t at flower and garden. Even if he did those things this week, that’s less than part time. And that’s not just this week, it’s consistent. I’m confused.
I wonder too about Craig, but he seems to be busier than Ryno.

Honest question bc maybe I’m missing something. Ryno…what’s his job? I don’t read the site…does he write articles? Or maintain it somehow? They have a Universal channel and podcast and didn’t go to Mardi Gras until a month into the festival. He isn’t on the Tuesday show every week and wasn’t at flower and garden. Even if he did those things this week, that’s less than part time. And that’s not just this week, it’s consistent. I’m confused.
I wonder too about Craig, but he seems to be busier than Ryno.
Officially he is the Associate Producer of the show. Ryno was relatively active before Covid but it really seemed to screw with him. It got to the point on the shows where I dreaded listening to him because he was so weird about it. On the Dining show recently he even mentioned that he hates going to MK which for a WDW website is not a good thing. As far as how he still has a job of seen a couple of people surmise that he is “protected” by Pete. It will be interesting if Pete ever turns over the show to someone else if they keep him around. My guess is he will be gone.

Officially he is the Associate Producer of the show. Ryno was relatively active before Covid but it really seemed to screw with him. It got to the point on the shows where I dreaded listening to him because he was so weird about it. On the Dining show recently he even mentioned that he hates going to MK which for a WDW website is not a good thing. As far as how he still has a job of seen a couple of people surmise that he is “protected” by Pete. It will be interesting if Pete ever turns over the show to someone else if they keep him around. My guess is he will be gone.
Unless the show is turned over to Craig

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.