The DisUnplugged #4 They tried to make Pete go to rehab, but he said I need my phone!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Craig slowly killing this show was his awful personality he’s trying so hard to kill that channel you are not “talent” Craig you are a behind the scenes nerd producer. You can’t carry this channel. Also Disney invited him to New Orleans he titles the video “I wAs InViTeD” with little to no views. You don’t influence anyone. I feel bad for the kid my dad reviews the newest hotdogs for a living.

Ryno still reviewing plus size shirts on his Instagram it seems so he can take his self righteousness to that company. I can’t fault him though he seems like a miserable in his life….

you know Erica smells …so she has a DAs pass but can go to crowded concerts but can’t be around crowds in line. Interesting.

what do these people do outside and hour or two or work a week? I assume Craig puts videos together but who’s paying these people a living salary based on that?

Reactions: 8
Pete being on the after-show but not the MAIN show is further morphing of the Patreon show being the ACTUAL show and the public show just being a teaser.
Did you really think Paywall Pete would just give away for free all his vast knowledge of the parks gleened from what could only be near daily visits?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I listened to the weekly show this weekend, it was OK? I agree with the overall sentiment that there just aren't enough people on the show. I feel like back a couple of years ago they used to bring in some random folks (like their travel agents) for one-off shows, but I feel like it's just been Craig/Ryno/Erika for a few weeks now.

On the positive side, I did appreciate Craig acknowledging that he needs to spend more time in the park like a tourist rather than like a local. And the show does have a lot more focus now on the specific news stories/topics in the last couple of weeks. It wasn't a terrible episode, but was fairly forgettable.

Reactions: 6
I listened to the weekly show this weekend, it was OK? I agree with the overall sentiment that there just aren't enough people on the show. I feel like back a couple of years ago they used to bring in some random folks (like their travel agents) for one-off shows, but I feel like it's just been Craig/Ryno/Erika for a few weeks now.

On the positive side, I did appreciate Craig acknowledging that he needs to spend more time in the park like a tourist rather than like a local. And the show does have a lot more focus now on the specific news stories/topics in the last couple of weeks. It wasn't a terrible episode, but was fairly forgettable.
The problem is when you make the move to a local and not a tourist, you can't experience it as a tourist any longer. I did a 10 day trip and by the end, I was reaching for things to do to not be super jaded. It is wild how many of these people move down there, get a sugar high for a few months and then they start looking for a NEW WDW...whether is DL, Cruising, Aulani, etc....Don't move to where you love to vaca and expect it to be the same...its simple

Reactions: 9
I can remember when the DisUnplugged weekly show would have 8 people on it on many occasions. 5 at the main mikes and 3 in the "production nook". Yesterday just 3 people total. Nobody cares.
The market is just over saturated with know it all’s and freak shows. Plus to be honest, Disney isn’t hard to figure out at this point and they aren’t putting out anything fantastic. The podcast was great in a time when SMedia was just starting but now, I can tell what the newest gluttonous treat is before noon. Who wants to wait a week later to hear about it!

Reactions: 4
The problem is when you make the move to a local and not a tourist, you can't experience it as a tourist any longer. I did a 10 day trip and by the end, I was reaching for things to do to not be super jaded. It is wild how many of these people move down there, get a sugar high for a few months and then they start looking for a NEW WDW...whether is DL, Cruising, Aulani, etc....Don't move to where you love to vaca and expect it to be the same...its simple
What also is a problem is the boom of social media/youtube/influencers, which changed how Disney Fan Sites covered Disney.

I would say for the first decade of the DisUnplugged, you could visit a park 1 maybe 2 times in a week and get more than enough content to fill your weekly show and website. Now with Twitter and Instagram etc., you have to be at the parks everyday covering (making up) stories, standing in lines to buy limited edition popcorn buckets, trying to look over construction walls. Its easy to see why most of these people (not just DisUnplugged) burn out on the parks. The problem is, they've made it their career so its not like they can just stop going. So we end up where we are with a "Disney Fan" show where the hosts don't enjoy Disney anymore.

• Heart
I used to love listening to the podcast to get a little Disney fix between trips. I still like hearing about big things, but I’m so weary of all the constant updates (from all Disney sites/vloggers/influencers) about the most insignificant crap. I don’t care about the latest specialty cupcake that will be long gone by the time I’m there next.

• Heart
The problem is not that they are locals...it is that that those three people now on the show kinda sucks as podcasters. Pete and the "old gang" did the show for years as locals and it was still fun and entertaining.

The problem is not that they are locals...it is that that those three people now on the show kinda sucks as podcasters. Pete and the "old gang" did the show for years as locals and it was still fun and entertaining.
C'mon. Erika has a great personality and sense of humor.

• Haha
what do they do? Clearly they needed a week of to celebrate the Fourth of July with all the content they’ve been putting out.

Molly does three videos a week and is in park! Also why is the show exactly the same from an episode I can watch from 2014 was Dustin really the creative one? It seems without Dustin it remained stagnant no production value/creative.

I liked the shows with Pete until his ego really started to take over. Then he constantly interrupted people and repeated himself the entire show. Perhaps the time away will help with that.

I agree that other vloggers and podcasters are doing amazing jobs at covering theme park content. Molly and Theme Park Stop are two examples that post content good enough to keep my attention. The Dis is held up with duct tape at this point.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Not actively watching, but Panda just showed up for a second on RTV1 at MK 3rd of July stream.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Yup. People always listened to The Dis Unplugged for the personalities more than the information.

They’re like AOL huge when there was no competition but now that more are coming it’s the legacy brand that will implode. Ryno keeps whining about not affording a house because of the cost. I think someone needs to explain to him you must work more than three hours a week to afford a home…too bad that can’t pay you with SJW clout!

• Haha
The problem is they are locals...it may have taken them a bit longer to be worn out by living there.

Reactions: 1
Hello everyone,

I haven't been on here in a while and was reading and catching up because my husband is getting LASIK and I have some time to kill while I wait.

Moving To Orlando, I am not an owner or anything. That is owned by Razek and Ruben. Ruben decided to move to Delaware and my husband moved into the acting manager role so, that left them with no active agents since Razek hasn't sold a house before. I was asked to take over some of the contracts so the clients had a person on the ground here, as well as helping future clients on a referral basis so they get the help they are supposed to be getting. It's been pretty steady and those shows should be amping back up soon and I will likely guest appear from time to time but, I am not 'back' with MTO nor employed by MTO or anything like that. Pete did sell his half to Ruben for $1,000,000 but the actual rules of the payback are very loose. Doing some quick math based on average sales and their terms, it should range between 300-700 years before he is paid. (I'm not exaggerating) - had he sold it to me, the math comes up to a 8-12 year deal, so best of luck to him.

Debating Pete being rich leaves out some context. He does have the money to do nice things that are tax writeoffs and to buy things that are fancy. So, if thats rich, then hes rich. He is certainly not wealthy, but I could get on board with possibly rich. That said, I just see a lot of debt. Anyone would argue that Whitney Houston was rich but she died 20 million in the hole. Pete can't afford his lifestyle without the company maintaining its pace, at minimum. He can't afford to retire and is often living paycheck to paycheck. They are big paychecks but it is still that same concept. 'I can't pay you back until the Google money comes in' or 'I need to wait for these houses to close before I can pay that bill' etc etc. For me, that ain't rich. Pete always told me I was with him for his money and I always explained to him that he doesn't have 'money.' I know people that fly into Orlando on their helicopter and park it on the roof of the hotel, theres people over on the Butler chain that could put me on their sea plane and fly me to Mt Dora for lunch. There's real money out there and Pete doesn't have that.

As far as stuff about the other employees not stepping up to Pete and all that. I don't have any ill will there. I know it's hard to break away from him, especially when you have a non-compete to deal with. I had a lawyer going after Pete for very basic things and Pete was completely non-compliant and I was out $11,000+ and accomplished absolutely nothing in that time frame. Petes strategy and threats are to keep you tied up in court because he can outspend you. He certainly can outspend his staff and it's scary getting a letter from an attorney and thinking about the amount of money it takes to defend yourself or accuse someone else of something. I got an opportunity that allowed me to make enough money that Pete couldn't outspend me anymore. We could've bankrupt each other, but I grew up poor and can live off ramen, he can't so I knew he couldn't really do much towards me. The others don't have that luxury, so it's a rock and hard place and it's hard to see the light when you're stuck in a well.

But life is going great. Dogs are happy, I am happy for the first time in years. I've lost around 55 pounds so feeling better, looking better and life is just, better. And now my husband will have perfect vision or go blind, so I'll be a caretaker I guess. But that still beats the alternative. Thanks again everyone for the kick in pants that I needed to get out of there.
What was the deal with Drake? Was Pete trying to get with him and when it didn’t happen Pete dropped him?

What was the deal with Drake? Was Pete trying to get with him and when it didn’t happen Pete dropped him?
Haha no. I don’t think there was anything romantic there at all from either side. I could write a long list of my opinions on Drake, but I would rather forget he exists.

• Haha
  • Wow
Haha no. I don’t think there was anything romantic there at all from either side. I could write a long list of my opinions on Drake, but I would rather forget he exists.
Can you give us a Cliff Notes list ?

• Heart
  • Haha
Oh no. Sorry to hear that. He seemed like a nice guy. Just wondering why he disappeared

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.