The DisUnplugged #4 They tried to make Pete go to rehab, but he said I need my phone!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Shouldn't it be better than ever since Deni went to work for GKTW?
I think it will be worse now that Deni is at GTKW and can let Pam Lindwirth know what's really going on at the Dis.

Have you ever seen who's on the Board at GTKW? Or whose donations keep the lights on there? These are serious companies with serious governance policies who would not want to be associated with a well-known groomer.

It would be reckless of Pam to jeopardize the bulk of her contributions by associating with an egomaniacal bejeweled podcaster who uses his relationship with GKTW for his own publicity and virtue signaling. Do you think Pete is actually volunteering there, interacting with those poor kids? He only likes to drop Pam's name and have brunch with Pat Sajak, then go back to chasing male college grads around his desk or "taking in" prostitutes and recovering addicts to "help" them.

This guy is a ticking PR bomb for Pam and all her major corporate benefactors, and Deni knows this. It's why she left herself. Do you think she would allow her son to work for Pete?

Deni has a conscious and would likely tell, or hint to, Pam what's happening.

- B

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I can remember when the DisUnplugged weekly show would have 8 people on it on many occasions. 5 at the main mikes and 3 in the "production nook". Yesterday just 3 people total. Nobody cares.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I can remember when the DisUnplugged weekly show would have 8 people on it on many occasions. 5 at the main mikes and 3 in the "production nook". Yesterday just 3 people total. Nobody cares.
When I started watching in 2019, it seemed like people really wanted a seat at the table. Fast forward to current times; I think it was last week that Craig straight out said that they couldn’t get anyone to come on the show.

It’s really sad to see, I used to LOVE their content. The weekly show and hotel/restaurant reviews, and their best and worst lists were a huge help in trip planning.

I thought it was interesting that Craig discussed how he needs to go to the parks as a tourist instead of a local more often. That definitely contributes to their content stagnation, ALL of it seems like it’s from locals, for locals. I’m pretty sure locals look for tips and recommendations much less than tourists.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
The Dis Unplugged: Nobody Cares Anymore

Nobody cares to listen to the show and nobody cares to be on the show. What a disgrace.

Reactions: 8
Look at the number of views that the Tuesday shows have gotten for the last couple of months since Pete said that he is no longer going to be on it. I used to still watch it out of habit, but I also stopped after Pete left. I just can't waste my time with those three people spitting nonsensical, useless "information." It really is kinda sad what has happened to the show. And Pete has to know that the channel sucks now. I wonder what is going on in his head.

Look at the number of views that the Tuesday shows have gotten for the last couple of months since Pete said that he is no longer going to be on it. I used to still watch it out of habit, but I also stopped after Pete left. I just can't waste my time with those three people spitting nonsensical, useless "information." It really is kinda sad what has happened to the show. And Pete has to know that the channel sucks now. I wonder what is going on in his head.
Totally agree. As much as I never thought I'd say it, the show needs Pete....either him or Tom Bell from California :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Hello everyone,

I haven't been on here in a while and was reading and catching up because my husband is getting LASIK and I have some time to kill while I wait.

Moving To Orlando, I am not an owner or anything. That is owned by Razek and Ruben. Ruben decided to move to Delaware and my husband moved into the acting manager role so, that left them with no active agents since Razek hasn't sold a house before. I was asked to take over some of the contracts so the clients had a person on the ground here, as well as helping future clients on a referral basis so they get the help they are supposed to be getting. It's been pretty steady and those shows should be amping back up soon and I will likely guest appear from time to time but, I am not 'back' with MTO nor employed by MTO or anything like that. Pete did sell his half to Ruben for $1,000,000 but the actual rules of the payback are very loose. Doing some quick math based on average sales and their terms, it should range between 300-700 years before he is paid. (I'm not exaggerating) - had he sold it to me, the math comes up to a 8-12 year deal, so best of luck to him.

Debating Pete being rich leaves out some context. He does have the money to do nice things that are tax writeoffs and to buy things that are fancy. So, if thats rich, then hes rich. He is certainly not wealthy, but I could get on board with possibly rich. That said, I just see a lot of debt. Anyone would argue that Whitney Houston was rich but she died 20 million in the hole. Pete can't afford his lifestyle without the company maintaining its pace, at minimum. He can't afford to retire and is often living paycheck to paycheck. They are big paychecks but it is still that same concept. 'I can't pay you back until the Google money comes in' or 'I need to wait for these houses to close before I can pay that bill' etc etc. For me, that ain't rich. Pete always told me I was with him for his money and I always explained to him that he doesn't have 'money.' I know people that fly into Orlando on their helicopter and park it on the roof of the hotel, theres people over on the Butler chain that could put me on their sea plane and fly me to Mt Dora for lunch. There's real money out there and Pete doesn't have that.

As far as stuff about the other employees not stepping up to Pete and all that. I don't have any ill will there. I know it's hard to break away from him, especially when you have a non-compete to deal with. I had a lawyer going after Pete for very basic things and Pete was completely non-compliant and I was out $11,000+ and accomplished absolutely nothing in that time frame. Petes strategy and threats are to keep you tied up in court because he can outspend you. He certainly can outspend his staff and it's scary getting a letter from an attorney and thinking about the amount of money it takes to defend yourself or accuse someone else of something. I got an opportunity that allowed me to make enough money that Pete couldn't outspend me anymore. We could've bankrupt each other, but I grew up poor and can live off ramen, he can't so I knew he couldn't really do much towards me. The others don't have that luxury, so it's a rock and hard place and it's hard to see the light when you're stuck in a well.

But life is going great. Dogs are happy, I am happy for the first time in years. I've lost around 55 pounds so feeling better, looking better and life is just, better. And now my husband will have perfect vision or go blind, so I'll be a caretaker I guess. But that still beats the alternative. Thanks again everyone for the kick in pants that I needed to get out of there.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Hello everyone,

I haven't been on here in a while and was reading and catching up because my husband is getting LASIK and I have some time to kill while I wait.

Moving To Orlando, I am not an owner or anything. That is owned by Razek and Ruben. Ruben decided to move to Delaware and my husband moved into the acting manager role so, that left them with no active agents since Razek hasn't sold a house before. I was asked to take over some of the contracts so the clients had a person on the ground here, as well as helping future clients on a referral basis so they get the help they are supposed to be getting. It's been pretty steady and those shows should be amping back up soon and I will likely guest appear from time to time but, I am not 'back' with MTO nor employed by MTO or anything like that. Pete did sell his half to Ruben for $1,000,000 but the actual rules of the payback are very loose. Doing some quick math based on average sales and their terms, it should range between 300-700 years before he is paid. (I'm not exaggerating) - had he sold it to me, the math comes up to a 8-12 year deal, so best of luck to him.

Debating Pete being rich leaves out some context. He does have the money to do nice things that are tax writeoffs and to buy things that are fancy. So, if thats rich, then hes rich. He is certainly not wealthy, but I could get on board with possibly rich. That said, I just see a lot of debt. Anyone would argue that Whitney Houston was rich but she died 20 million in the hole. Pete can't afford his lifestyle without the company maintaining its pace, at minimum. He can't afford to retire and is often living paycheck to paycheck. They are big paychecks but it is still that same concept. 'I can't pay you back until the Google money comes in' or 'I need to wait for these houses to close before I can pay that bill' etc etc. For me, that ain't rich. Pete always told me I was with him for his money and I always explained to him that he doesn't have 'money.' I know people that fly into Orlando on their helicopter and park it on the roof of the hotel, theres people over on the Butler chain that could put me on their sea plane and fly me to Mt Dora for lunch. There's real money out there and Pete doesn't have that.

As far as stuff about the other employees not stepping up to Pete and all that. I don't have any ill will there. I know it's hard to break away from him, especially when you have a non-compete to deal with. I had a lawyer going after Pete for very basic things and Pete was completely non-compliant and I was out $11,000+ and accomplished absolutely nothing in that time frame. Petes strategy and threats are to keep you tied up in court because he can outspend you. He certainly can outspend his staff and it's scary getting a letter from an attorney and thinking about the amount of money it takes to defend yourself or accuse someone else of something. I got an opportunity that allowed me to make enough money that Pete couldn't outspend me anymore. We could've bankrupt each other, but I grew up poor and can live off ramen, he can't so I knew he couldn't really do much towards me. The others don't have that luxury, so it's a rock and hard place and it's hard to see the light when you're stuck in a well.

But life is going great. Dogs are happy, I am happy for the first time in years. I've lost around 55 pounds so feeling better, looking better and life is just, better. And now my husband will have perfect vision or go blind, so I'll be a caretaker I guess. But that still beats the alternative. Thanks again everyone for the kick in pants that I needed to get out of there.
Great to know you are doing well "Mando". Thanks for checking in.
Just one question: Does Pete pick and choose who has to sign a non-compete? I say this because several ex-employees have started their own channels after they left.

Reactions: 6
Great to know you are doing well "Mando". Thanks for checking in.
Just one question: Does Pete pick and choose who has to sign a non-compete? I say this because several ex-employees have started their own channels after they left.
I actually don’t know. I know I was never asked to sign one to preemptively stop me from claims of being a real ‘Employee’ (which in hindsight should’ve been a huge red flag)

I know there is some standard team agreement but I could see it being job specific maybe? Because this issue seems to mostly happen with people on the production side because this didn’t seem to affect Deni at all. Panda I’m sure had some clause since he already had a show. Fiasco also already had a pin trading show before he came in so I know that was a thing at one point.

That said, I know Pete told me once that Dustin left in 2015 and when he offered him a job back in 2017, he resigned the non-compete for another 2 years but he was only back for about a month before he quit again and Pete was saying how he was holding Dustin to the 2 years again so he wouldn’t be eligible to do YouTube content like that until mid-2019.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I actually don’t know. I know I was never asked to sign one to preemptively stop me from claims of being a real ‘Employee’ (which in hindsight should’ve been a huge red flag)

I know there is some standard team agreement but I could see it being job specific maybe? Because this issue seems to mostly happen with people on the production side because this didn’t seem to affect Deni at all. Panda I’m sure had some clause since he already had a show. Fiasco also already had a pin trading show before he came in so I know that was a thing at one point.

That said, I know Pete told me once that Dustin left in 2015 and when he offered him a job back in 2017, he resigned the non-compete for another 2 years but he was only back for about a month before he quit again and Pete was saying how he was holding Dustin to the 2 years again so he wouldn’t be eligible to do YouTube content like that until mid-2019.
Glad to hear you are well.

I have one question regarding the "rich" debate. It's more a curious question than needing to know.
I've worked for a place or two that is kind of how you described (owner was in their 40s but had a 22 year old pregnant GF with a job there) and something I've noticed a couple would do is have a lot of their property owned by the LLC instead of directly by them. Is any of Pete's stuff owned by the company? It's seemed that way if he's taking money directly out to support a lavish lifestyle. Again, more curious because of the way it sounds and what I've seen other entrepreneurs do, they're technically poor in those cases.

Reactions: 2
Glad to hear you are well.

I have one question regarding the "rich" debate. It's more a curious question than needing to know.
I've worked for a place or two that is kind of how you described (owner was in their 40s but had a 22 year old pregnant GF with a job there) and something I've noticed a couple would do is have a lot of their property owned by the LLC instead of directly by them. Is any of Pete's stuff owned by the company? It's seemed that way if he's taking money directly out to support a lavish lifestyle. Again, more curious because of the way it sounds and what I've seen other entrepreneurs do, they're technically poor in those cases.
The DIS itself is owned by Werner Travel Media LLC and then the staff are mostly employees of Dreams Unlimited Travel (INC?) and then he does have some possessions in his names like cars and credit cards but most everything just filters through the company.

I spoke with several attorneys over the years over harassment in the workplace but nobody wanted to take the case. It wasn’t because they thought I would lose, they just said that there wasn’t anything for me to really ‘get’ even if I won. Plus everything would essentially be punitive like ‘emotional distress’ which is hard to put a specific dollar amount on.

Even if I had won something (like a percent of his profits or something) then he would’ve just filtered things out of the company to make sure I would never get paid. So, there wasn’t a point.

When I met Pete, he told me the most important things in his life were his family and his business and I was always really nice to his family and I greatly improved his business. I know I wasn’t great on the camera portion of his shows but I worked the DVC deal and moved it to DVCresale and negotiated everything with that so he gets $15,000 a month base plus commission on sales, so he easily makes $18k per month from that deal. Then with MTO he got around $1M in his time of being half owner and it was the thing that allowed him to keep Dreams and The Dis staffed and alive through the pandemic because that was the only income he was getting at that time. Other people helped of course and he did build a platform but his response back was so ridiculous. In summer 2020, Pete ended our relationship. He said he was unhappy and just wanted to be my business partner and friend. I accepted this.

Towards the end of the year, I told him that my ex (now husband) wanted to get back together with me and Pete encouraged me to do so. He said we were a great fit and that razek clearly cared about me and that we were more grown up now and maybe the timing would be right so we got together. Flash forward a while and I’m with my now husband, Pete was with Federico (the guy with Si Disney, I believe) and this agent tried to screw me out of a deal at Margaritaville. Pete was really angry and got very protective and was threatening to call the mafia, it got crazy. But somewhere in there he fell back in love with me and wanted me back. I told him no, he has ended things long ago, I moved on and he moved on. He was furious and that’s when the threats started, he started attacking me daily and demanding I be with him again but I wouldn’t go back, so he kept threatening MTO and particularly firing Danielle because she was a real life friend of mine before coming to work there (so was Ruben but he didn’t threaten him as much) And I just couldn’t take it anymore. Things really started spiraling and I knew I’d never be able to work cohesively with him.
Eventually we went to dinner in March of 2022 and Pete told me he and federico were over and because he wanted me and I told him that I didn’t want him still but as my friend, I needed to tell him something.

I let him know that I was concerned that I was becoming an alcoholic. I had started drinking a lot during the pandemic and never really slowed down and I was just worried about myself. He said I had his full support and that he would be there for me as a friend if I ever wanted to talk and invited me to AA. Flash forward, he got mad at me and started in about me being a drunk and an alcoholic and how I was gonna die in a gutter as a drunk and a bleep. I asked him how he felt as an AA sponsor that he would ever cross that line and mock someone who comes to you saying they are worried about their drinking and he didn’t care one bit. Of course I was also hitting below the belt in the fight too but I had to sit and think ‘what am I doing here? Why am I fighting with this person?’ - the one thing I still admired about Pete was that he found a way to get over addiction. I grew up in a family with very bad drug problems (prescription and crack and stuff) and they never could kick the habit and I really respected that from him. It was the last thing I respected and it was gone. That’s when the negotiations started because he said he hated real estate and that deal fell through, I had recorded enough videos to get through early May and then nothing went up again until July because he wouldn’t let me in the studio and then by the next month, I had found an attorney, this site and knew I needed to leave.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
The DIS itself is owned by Werner Travel Media LLC and then the staff are mostly employees of Dreams Unlimited Travel (INC?) and then he does have some possessions in his names like cars and credit cards but most everything just filters through the company.

I spoke with several attorneys over the years over harassment in the workplace but nobody wanted to take the case. It wasn’t because they thought I would lose, they just said that there wasn’t anything for me to really ‘get’ even if I won. Plus everything would essentially be punitive like ‘emotional distress’ which is hard to put a specific dollar amount on.

Even if I had won something (like a percent of his profits or something) then he would’ve just filtered things out of the company to make sure I would never get paid. So, there wasn’t a point.

When I met Pete, he told me the most important things in his life were his family and his business and I was always really nice to his family and I greatly improved his business. I know I wasn’t great on the camera portion of his shows but I worked the DVC deal and moved it to DVCresale and negotiated everything with that so he gets $15,000 a month base plus commission on sales, so he easily makes $18k per month from that deal. Then with MTO he got around $1M in his time of being half owner and it was the thing that allowed him to keep Dreams and The Dis staffed and alive through the pandemic because that was the only income he was getting at that time. Other people helped of course and he did build a platform but his response back was so ridiculous. In summer 2020, Pete ended our relationship. He said he was unhappy and just wanted to be my business partner and friend. I accepted this.

Towards the end of the year, I told him that my ex (now husband) wanted to get back together with me and Pete encouraged me to do so. He said we were a great fit and that razek clearly cared about me and that we were more grown up now and maybe the timing would be right so we got together. Flash forward a while and I’m with my now husband, Pete was with Federico (the guy with Si Disney, I believe) and this agent tried to screw me out of a deal at Margaritaville. Pete was really angry and got very protective and was threatening to call the mafia, it got crazy. But somewhere in there he fell back in love with me and wanted me back. I told him no, he has ended things long ago, I moved on and he moved on. He was furious and that’s when the threats started, he started attacking me daily and demanding I be with him again but I wouldn’t go back, so he kept threatening MTO and particularly firing Danielle because she was a real life friend of mine before coming to work there (so was Ruben but he didn’t threaten him as much) And I just couldn’t take it anymore. Things really started spiraling and I knew I’d never be able to work cohesively with him.
Eventually we went to dinner in March of 2022 and Pete told me he and federico were over and because he wanted me and I told him that I didn’t want him still but as my friend, I needed to tell him something.

I let him know that I was concerned that I was becoming an alcoholic. I had started drinking a lot during the pandemic and never really slowed down and I was just worried about myself. He said I had his full support and that he would be there for me as a friend if I ever wanted to talk and invited me to AA. Flash forward, he got mad at me and started in about me being a drunk and an alcoholic and how I was gonna die in a gutter as a drunk and a bleep. I asked him how he felt as an AA sponsor that he would ever cross that line and mock someone who comes to you saying they are worried about their drinking and he didn’t care one bit. Of course I was also hitting below the belt in the fight too but I had to sit and think ‘what am I doing here? Why am I fighting with this person?’ - the one thing I still admired about Pete was that he found a way to get over addiction. I grew up in a family with very bad drug problems (prescription and crack and stuff) and they never could kick the habit and I really respected that from him. It was the last thing I respected and it was gone. That’s when the negotiations started because he said he hated real estate and that deal fell through, I had recorded enough videos to get through early May and then nothing went up again until July because he wouldn’t let me in the studio and then by the next month, I had found an attorney, this site and knew I needed to leave.
Thanks for that. I am happy to hear you are in a better place!

Reactions: 4
Hello everyone,

I'm so glad you updated us and are doing well! I'm sure Razek with heal and have great vision. Do you know what happened with Panda's leaving? You once described the almost love bombing of whomever was the latest and greatest employee, as you once were. This seemed like Panda's trajectory, going on multiple cruises and vacations. Although he is married and maybe Pete was trying to take up too much of his time. He then announced he was offered a job not Disney related from home and was leaving. He said there was no drama, yet on his channel he mentioned if he wanted to work a job or continue working for himself with his channel. That seemed kind of fishy as if he made up that he had a totally different job as his leaving excuse.

I'm so glad you updated us and are doing well! I'm sure Razek with heal and have great vision. Do you know what happened with Panda's leaving? You once described the almost love bombing of whomever was the latest and greatest employee, as you once were. This seemed like Panda's trajectory, going on multiple cruises and vacations. Although he is married and maybe Pete was trying to take up too much of his time. He then announced he was offered a job not Disney related from home and was leaving. He said there was no drama, yet on his channel he mentioned if he wanted to work a job or continue working for himself with his channel. That seemed kind of fishy as if he made up that he had a totally different job as his leaving excuse.
I have no idea. I just read that on here that Panda left so I don’t know any of the stuff going on at this point.

Hello everyone,

I'm really glad to hear that you're happy and doing good. I agree with Sean, Pete isn't a wealthy person. He is someone who is rich enough to pretend and act like they are wealthy.
Sean, did you ever hear Pete and Craig get into fights? Did Craig ever yell back at Pete?

Reactions: 3
I'm really glad to hear that you're happy and doing good. I agree with Sean, Pete isn't a wealthy person. He is someone who is rich enough to pretend and act like they are wealthy.
Sean, did you ever hear Pete and Craig get into fights? Did Craig ever yell back at Pete?
Exactly what I have been saying.

I’ve never seen them fight. I think most people feel that fighting back with Pete won’t do a lot of good.

Personally, in my line of work when I met Pete, a lot of type A personalities that have higher pressure jobs really want to be vulnerable and they respect people that fight back and can match their energy. You can’t ever be truly unfiltered and honest with someone who holds your career in their hands (not just Pete, it’s across the board) and with that side of the coin people can feel very lonely and also can’t be sure what someone’s real intentions are. Pete is a terrible read of people because the people who truly have his back, he dumps on them and the ones that are using him, he overpraises them because they over praise him and stroke his ego so he thinks they are his friend. Friends are real with you, they don’t let you be an asshole and they tell you when you’re wrong.

Craig does tell Pete when he’s wrong, calmly. Pete’s reaction is a different story but I think Craig is one of Pete’s only real friends.

Reactions: 12
If Pete’s making 18k an off the DVC content he needs to start producing content and trying a little harder. Watching the room tours is like watching paint dry.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I did end up listening this week after skipping a couple.

I rolled my eyes Erika wasn’t planning to see the 4th fireworks and refused to consider it. It’s like being a weatherman and showing zero interest in covering a major storm. What are the crowd patterns like? Anything unusual in the parks like the Dapper Dans singing a special medley?

And when she said she ate fish and chips I was so confused because I thought she was vegan.

Also, Pete leaving was pointless if they aren’t going to replace him on the show.

Pete being on the after-show but not the MAIN show is further morphing of the Patreon show being the ACTUAL show and the public show just being a teaser.

Last edited:
I got the impression from the few times I've seen her in food reviews that Erica isn't vegan but has dietary restrictions due to food allergies. I could totally be wrong though.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.