The DisUnplugged #4 They tried to make Pete go to rehab, but he said I need my phone!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have only listened to a few but you are right, they were better. I think it also went downhill when they started the after show for Patreon, because it diluted the quality. Some of the current people don’t prepare anything to share beyond a rapid fire. They don’t even have a “I was in the park and saw this..” tidbit.

I really respect Craig but somewhat disagreed when he said last week that discussing the lawsuit was true to the OG audio format. The old school format had multiple audio sections you downloaded as separate files. Yes, there was a news section, but then the topic of the week where they discussed actual trip planning. It seemed like they hadn’t course corrected to more park content, which was the whole reason Pete stepped down.

The old panel came prepared with content to share. Now Craig is the only one I feel is prepared. I listened to last week’s show for 10 minutes, Ryno called the chat gross, I rolled my eyes and turned it off.
I remember (back in the day) when Pete would discuss how he had the show scripted out beforehand, so that the panel had the news and topics already prepared and circulated before the show. There were numerous times when he would give a team member a hard time because he had to follow up with them on Monday for their rapid fire topic so that it was in the show "script".

When was the last time it felt like they put any level of effort like that into the show?? Now it feels like the rest of the panel just shows up and wings it and hopes Pete has enough off the cuff topics and "rants" in him to cover an hour...and Pete admits he doesn't have the passion anymore.

The crazy thing is that the show claims to have two "producers". How do you have two producers and have a show that feels like no one has prepared at all or has a blueprint for how the show will play out. I realize Pete is difficult to manage, but still.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Listen to the opening of Via Napoli 8/18/10 episode. The story John and Kevin tell about just getting to the restaurant is the funniest thing that’s ever been on the show.
How does one find this? The only page I stumbled upon goes back to 2013.

Reactions: 1
Rhino is going to turn this show into a weekly therapy session… boring. I listen for Disney content.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Gods pete is delusional "cruise is cheaper than disney world" NO IT'S NOT
I mean it depends on the cruise I guess. I did a 14 day Disney cruise and it was definitely cheaper than 14 days at WDW would have been.

But it was also cheaper than those 4 or 5 day summer holiday time cruises from Port Canaveral which are insanely expensive.

Reactions: 2
Have you been on a cruise before?
---

Do people have to fly to Disney world?
I'm just talking about cruising only. When he states the total for a cruise he never mentions about flying. No reason for sarcasm. Not sure why this tattle blog in particular is so snarky.

Reactions: 7
Watch the Space 220 dining review. 24 minutes of nothing but “I have issues”

Reactions: 4
Pete doesn't understand or care what it takes for families to go on cruises. The saving, budgeting, working around school and work schedules and getting the time off from work. Then there's the flight into Orlando the night before, hotel, transportation....etc. He has the luxury of getting the travel agent discount, driving over to Port Canaveral and being in his own home a few hours after disembarking.

Reactions: 6
I'm just talking about cruising only. When he states the total for a cruise he never mentions about flying. No reason for sarcasm. Not sure why this tattle blog in particular is so snarky.
I agree. It's often got a totally different vibe to other threads.

Pete doesn't understand or care what it takes for families to go on cruises. The saving, budgeting, working around school and work schedules and getting the time off from work. Then there's the flight into Orlando the night before, hotel, transportation....etc. He has the luxury of getting the travel agent discount, driving over to Port Canaveral and being in his own home a few hours after disembarking.
Never mind that is a *completely* different kind of vacation.

Reactions: 3
FWIW, I thought this week's episode was better than average, they actually focused on the news around the parks.

• Sick
Reactions: 4
Is there any chance Pete did this for attention… saying goodbye to the Tuesday show and promising to still be around - but immediately disappearing from all new shows including dining reviews -
What’s he doing on the day to day? I wouldn’t be surprised if he made a grand return by fall

Reactions: 6
FWIW, I thought this week's episode was better than average, they actually focused on the news around the parks.
Have to disagree. They are stale and boring without the only real personality that ultimately turned into a no-passion drop out.
I'm done with them. Finding another channel that givesAF.

If you want to see someone legitimately passionate about Disney watch Brayden on the MickeyViews YouTube channel. He is a true Disney fan and an extremely well spoken young man.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.