The DisUnplugged #4 They tried to make Pete go to rehab, but he said I need my phone!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you guys wanna see when the Dis Unplugged was actually enjoyable , listen to old episodes from 2006 to 2013. Back then they all had passion. They were down to earth and the chemistry among the team was great. Lots of good laughs with Bob and with Kevin’s dining reviews and with John’s wit. Even Pete was funny and normal. Now it’s just a bunch of unenthusiastic whiners.
Yep. I started listening around 2012 and soon after went back and listened to all of the old episodes. Totally different show.

Reactions: 5
Kevin's dining reviews were the best! I still to this day often describe things being "like chewing on a Yankee Candle" :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
If you guys wanna see when the Dis Unplugged was actually enjoyable , listen to old episodes from 2006 to 2013. Back then they all had passion. They were down to earth and the chemistry among the team was great. Lots of good laughs with Bob and with Kevin’s dining reviews and with John’s wit. Even Pete was funny and normal. Now it’s just a bunch of unenthusiastic whiners.
Unpopular opinion here. The podcast went downhill when it went to video. The audio only podcasts were the best. Great cast chemistry and funny banter.
---
Kevin's dining reviews were the best! I still to this day often describe things being "like chewing on a Yankee Candle" :LOL:
The sad little crab cake was legendary 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
As we know John is the brains behind the travel business, not even sure what Pete does in relation to the business. Also, John and Kevin always added some adults to the room. The current team act like children and don't have a focus on the business they work for or the people that might buy holidays. I still like some of the random chat between the team, but the negativity is just boring.

Reactions: 6
The last time I had a belly laugh was a John moment and his interpretation of the “Dream BIG Princess” initiative which was about career positivity for young girls.

He read it out as “Dream! big princess”. His ensuing monologue had me rolling.

Those were the days.
---
I also enjoyed their extremely prophetic views on the Starcruiser too. Pete talking about mandatory fun, and John deciding he’d have to get his Ewok costume from Big and Tall 😂. I thought
Pete was gonna have an aneurysm from laughing

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I know a lot of people here didn't like Panda, but I'm going to miss him being on the show. He always seemed like a genuinely good, positive guy.

Reactions: 10
As we know John is the brains behind the travel business, not even sure what Pete does in relation to the business. Also, John and Kevin always added some adults to the room. The current team act like children and don't have a focus on the business they work for or the people that might buy holidays. I still like some of the random chat between the team, but the negativity is just boring.
I agree completely with this. Pete only thinks he is a businessman and that gets in the way of his commentary. I would only listen to what John was saying back in the day. Having said that not sure how much kudos I want to even give John...he opened a travel agency, it did well, this is the story of thousands of people. He didn't invent the wheel. I would say the most brilliant thing that came out of them was having all the Disney restaurants menus online, way before Disney themselves put them up.

Reactions: 2
Deb Wills, of old school All Ears was the absolute go to for Disney Dining. The Dis was like amateur hour compared to her.

They had a good idea regarding the forums. I used to live on that place.

Vlogging has rendered it useless though.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
One of my favorite John moments was he was talking about Disney cruise line. DCL was doing a frozen themed event and it was called "Anna chases the Chocolate" and then John said, "Which has a completely different meaning in my mind." And Pete almost died of laughter. We aren't getting this comedy from the current team 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Listen to the opening of Via Napoli 8/18/10 episode. The story John and Kevin tell about just getting to the restaurant is the funniest thing that’s ever been on the show.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I love everyone sharing their fond memories of the good ole dis unplugged days as if the show has died :ROFLMAO:
I mean it definitely has.... but its still funny

RIP Dis Unplugged

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Any idea when this episode was? I remember laughing at it a lot and it definitely does not seem like it was that far back!
I think it was 2017/2018? I was a religious viewer between 2015-2018, and I believe it was near the end of that timeframe. A last hurrah of hilarity!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I think the reason other youtube channels do much better than the DIS, is they keep it light and Disney-focused. Tim tracker, mammoth club, etc, they talk about Disney in a fun way which is what we want from a Disney podcast. Not a 45 min political lecture. Ryan has come off as such a hateful and arrogant person I just can with him. Pete used to always say he liked his podcast to remain politically neutral but I guess that's gone and it has turned into mostly political with some cruise line and no parks discussion. Long gone are the days of using the DIS for any trip planning. I know John has stepped back from the podcast but his travel agency still sponsors it and maybe he should look at what they are spewing. Insulting your audience isn't a good look. Also, I looked back at their viewership and it looks like they get 35-50k views per podcast episode. For years. NO growth. Even the trackers get more than that. I don't understand why Disney would give two hoots what Pete thinks or has to say. His podcast shows no growth and the boards are all but dead. The Dis' hey day is over.
You clearly didn’t see the old tracker videos featuring racism and homophobia, as well as the current theme of child exploitation. Also, they did a whole planned parenthood fundraiser last year.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Unpopular opinion here. The podcast went downhill when it went to video. The audio only podcasts were the best. Great cast chemistry and funny banter.
---

The sad little crab cake was legendary 😂
I have only listened to a few but you are right, they were better. I think it also went downhill when they started the after show for Patreon, because it diluted the quality. Some of the current people don’t prepare anything to share beyond a rapid fire. They don’t even have a “I was in the park and saw this..” tidbit.

I really respect Craig but somewhat disagreed when he said last week that discussing the lawsuit was true to the OG audio format. The old school format had multiple audio sections you downloaded as separate files. Yes, there was a news section, but then the topic of the week where they discussed actual trip planning. It seemed like they hadn’t course corrected to more park content, which was the whole reason Pete stepped down.

The old panel came prepared with content to share. Now Craig is the only one I feel is prepared. I listened to last week’s show for 10 minutes, Ryno called the chat gross, I rolled my eyes and turned it off.

I have only listened to a few but you are right, they were better. I think it also went downhill when they started the after show for Patreon, because it diluted the quality. Some of the current people don’t prepare anything to share beyond a rapid fire. They don’t even have a “I was in the park and saw this..” tidbit.

I really respect Craig but somewhat disagreed when he said last week that discussing the lawsuit was true to the OG audio format. The old school format had multiple audio sections you downloaded as separate files. Yes, there was a news section, but then the topic of the week where they discussed actual trip planning.

The old panel came prepared with content to share. Now Craig is the only one I feel is prepared. I listened to last week’s show for 10 minutes, Ryno called the chat gross, I rolled my eyes and turned it off.
I haven't listened to the Tuesday show since before Covid. Looks like I'm not missing much.

I really enjoyed Off the Rails, but sadly that died a death when Deni left for better things.

• Haha

I really respect Craig but somewhat disagreed when he said last week that discussing the lawsuit was true to the OG audio format. The old school format had multiple audio sections you downloaded as separate files. Yes, there was a news section, but then the topic of the week where they discussed actual trip planning. It seemed like they hadn’t course corrected to more park content, which was the whole reason Pete stepped down.

Well if you don’t agree with Ryno, like any far leftist, your not a human and not entitled to an opinion

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.