The DisUnplugged #4 They tried to make Pete go to rehab, but he said I need my phone!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well I am here for our first trip, and we couldn’t be more impressed.. Animal Kingdom today completely us away.

I seriously don’t know what Pete and the team are complaining about. The magic was everywhere, guests were friendly, the parks were clean, etc. The amazing service from cast at our resorts has been stellar.

WDW used to be better??! I seriously didn’t see anything wrong.

We are very exciting for the other 3 parks.
I was at WDW after New Year (been 5 times before) and still had a great time. We did change our planning, by using early entry to get on the long-wait rides (had always relied on fastpass before). We got on every ride we wanted, saw every show, and everyone was friendly and the parks looked clean. That being said, if we had been offsite not sure if we would have needed Genie+ to get things done (have been offsite before, but with fastpass).

If you rely on vloggers for a real view, you are only really getting the views of Floridians, moaning about Annual Passes (now solved) and how busy it is - wasn't any busier this year than any other year I've been.

Reactions: 4
Well Hollywood Studios is done and we loved it as much as Animal Kingdom. The team is cray cray.

I have watched a ton of Dis content. I think back to the best and worst show, and now reflecting what a weird concept, looking for things that are wrong.

The only critical thought that has crossed my mind was the seats in the muppet theater are dirty. It was interesting, I saw this morning WDW Today was also commenting on it, but it’s the only negative thing I have noticed.

I think about how the team complain about the heat, crowds, rude guests, being nickel and dimed, etc. I had looooow expectations coming in because of what I heard Pete say over and over.

I have experienced none of that. We have been going to so many shows the heat and crowd don’t seem bad at all. I don’t know what all the yakking is about being nickel and dimed is. I guess because I didn’t know a world with Magical Express, paying a small fee for transportation from the airport seems perfectly normal to me.

We can’t get over it. We love it here. Last night because of no Fantasmic we got a projection show on MMRR, people were even sitting down on the ground, which would never happen at DL. It was a perfect end to the day.

SciFi dinner and 50’s were also a lot of fun.

The cast members here are freaking amazing, all of them have been great and they are EVERYWHERE. The minute I think of a question, someone is standing a few feet away.

Today we rest and explore Disney Spring, then on to Epcot and MK.

This is a very special place.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Well Hollywood Studios is done and we loved it as much as Animal Kingdom. The team is cray cray.

I have watched a ton of Dis content. I think back to the best and worst show, and now reflecting what a weird concept, looking for things that are wrong.

The only critical thought that has crossed my mind was the seats in the muppet theater are dirty. It was interesting, I saw this morning WDW Today was also commenting on it, but it’s the only negative thing I have noticed.

I think about how the team complain about the heat, crowds, rude guests, being nickel and dimed, etc. I had looooow expectations coming in because of what I heard Pete say over and over.

I have experienced none of that. We have been going to so many shows the heat and crowd don’t seem bad at all. I don’t know what all the yakking is about being nickel and dimed is. I guess because I didn’t know a world with Magical Express, paying a small fee for transportation from the airport seems perfectly normal to me.

We can’t get over it. We love it here. Last night because of no Fantasmic we got a projection show on MMRR, people were even sitting down on the ground, which would never happen at DL. It was a perfect end to the day.

SciFi dinner and 50’s were also a lot of fun.

The cast members here are freaking amazing, all of them have been great and they are EVERYWHERE. The minute I think of a question, someone is standing a few feet away.

Today we rest and explore Disney Spring, then on to Epcot and MK.

This is a very special place.
love the positivity!!!

I think the Dis is leaning way too hard on being the “critical” voice and have lost their way. Pete’s rants are fun but no one wants that 24/7. His negativity has rubbed off on everyone. They need a mental reboot/refresh and need to start to look for the good in things. That will get more eyes and ears onto their YouTube channel and podcasts.

Reactions: 5
I've been to WDW a lot, probably at least 100 times all told, so I've seen it evolve. There are things I really don't like about the park experience now, like the complete loss of spontaneity, but while there are things I think were better before there are plenty of positives even in the current iteration.

I'd be lying if I said the current model of touring is great compared to the past but it is Walt Disney World, not Mogadishu. If you choose to concentrate on the positive the experience will be positive. If you choose to concentrate on the negative the experience will be negative.

Back when the DIS started it was really the only option if you didn't want to only hear the positives. They were critical when it was deserved and complimentary when that was deserved. The Pete rants were rare and when they came they were really warranted. They leaned too far into being the negative voice and it lost its authenticity.

I miss that original show because it was good. When it was Bob, Pete, Corey, Julie, John, and Kevin every week (and then Kathy and Theresa when Bob died) it was my favorite Disney podcast. They it became a revolving door and started to lose its way. Post pandemic it just never made it back.

The other Disney podcast I really miss is the original WDW Today when it was Hochberg, Newell, Scopa, and Len Testa. I keep hoping the Disney Dish will do a reunion show.

Reactions: 13
At this rate there will be no one on the show if every week a new person is leaving, last week Pete and this week Panda!

• Wow
Glad to see Craig become the host of the DisUnplugged. I know some on here don't like his 'style' but I find him to be funny and very self-aware. I think he will (eventually) take the show in a new, improved direction but I think it will take a little while. I will keep watching/listening. I liked when he gave a shout-out to the prior DisUnplugged members (Oliver, JL, Charles, and Fiasco in particular. Sean was left out unfortunately).

Reactions: 10
It's disappointing to lose Panda, he has a real passion for the parks like him or not. He was at least in them often and provided recent input on the show.

I've been to WDW a lot, probably at least 100 times all told, so I've seen it evolve. There are things I really don't like about the park experience now, like the complete loss of spontaneity, but while there are things I think were better before there are plenty of positives even in the current iteration.

I'd be lying if I said the current model of touring is great compared to the past but it is Walt Disney World, not Mogadishu. If you choose to concentrate on the positive the experience will be positive. If you choose to concentrate on the negative the experience will be negative.

Back when the DIS started it was really the only option if you didn't want to only hear the positives. They were critical when it was deserved and complimentary when that was deserved. The Pete rants were rare and when they came they were really warranted. They leaned too far into being the negative voice and it lost its authenticity.

I miss that original show because it was good. When it was Bob, Pete, Corey, Julie, John, and Kevin every week (and then Kathy and Theresa when Bob died) it was my favorite Disney podcast. They it became a revolving door and started to lose its way. Post pandemic it just never made it back.

The other Disney podcast I really miss is the original WDW Today when it was Hochberg, Newell, Scopa, and Len Testa. I keep hoping the Disney Dish will do a reunion show.
I agree with all of this. The Dis Unplugged was my favorite podcast for those early years. The original crew was great. I also miss the original WDW Today. It was a great podcast that I believe had three short episodes a week. I still listen to the rebranded WDW today occasionally. However I'm not sure what I think about the new hosts.

Reactions: 1
I’ve been Facebook friends with Scopa for years (and it’s how I got into a Zoom reunion with the Mikes and Len shortly after the shutdowns started), but absolutely I’d love a reunion too. The OG lineup walked that line between fandom and critique so well, a voice that is sorely missed in the community.

I’ve been Facebook friends with Scopa for years (and it’s how I got into a Zoom reunion with the Mikes and Len shortly after the shutdowns started), but absolutely I’d love a reunion too. The OG lineup walked that line between fandom and critique so well, a voice that is sorely missed in the community.
I always like Scopa. I did have one question though. He started the Disney Miles Podcast with Michelle Scribner-something or another. I always wondered their relationship. Were they related or dating? It seemed they roomed together and traveled together a lot.

I always like Scopa. I did have one question though. He started the Disney Miles Podcast with Michelle Scribner-something or another. I always wondered their relationship. Were they related or dating? It seemed they roomed together and traveled together a lot.
Always wondered the same thing

All of this. I love the old crew of The Dis when they actually liked Disney. And the original WDW Today was fantastic. I tried listening to the new hosts (not sure if that is even still going) but it was not as good as the four of them. I’d LOVE a reunion show.

I think eventually everyone that makes a living off of going to Disney all the time is going to get burned out. In the beginning of the Dis everyone was a fan. Everyone was enthusiastic about all things Disney. Then like others have said, it became a revolving door and it became a who’s who of Pete’s boy toys and it got derailed. I don’t think the original magic will ever be recaptured.

Maybe he just realized that he is getting burnt out on constant Disney and took another job before it got worse.
OR...despite his denial, he got pissed he wasn't ordained Pope Peteius Pandius II, and realized he was going nowhere in a dying company.
Either way, both decisions are sound and I applaud him.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Maybe he’s making more money. Everyone at this Dis has complained one time or another that they’re poor basically.

• Haha
He did mention, unprovoked, on the episode that he would be working from home so maybe he was getting tired of the running around. Sean made it sound like Pete expects people to always be available and on a prior episode (may have been a Patreon episode) Panda made it sound like he didn’t live near the office/studio. I could be mistaken in that last bit.

Reactions: 2
If you guys wanna see when the Dis Unplugged was actually enjoyable , listen to old episodes from 2006 to 2013. Back then they all had passion. They were down to earth and the chemistry among the team was great. Lots of good laughs with Bob and with Kevin’s dining reviews and with John’s wit. Even Pete was funny and normal. Now it’s just a bunch of unenthusiastic whiners.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.