The DisUnplugged #4 They tried to make Pete go to rehab, but he said I need my phone!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He and his wife were moving to be closer to her family.
That’s crazy given you’re part owner in a business, he had moved from Florida once already (hated it) and moved back within a year, but now moved out of Florida??

Maybe was able to cash out a couple million. Having a real estate brokerage business fall into your lap like that—I can’t imagine why one would sell it within a year. That’s cash cow easy money. Unless you just retain your share and operate remotely with agents doing the work.

I guess there’s high drama to everything The Queen touches, even when The Queen leaves.

Reactions: 2
My problem with them (Moving to Orlando) was the low effort/content videos they put out. It seems like they recorded a few week of videos back to back and just sped thru them. It was mainly a bunch of top ten lists with little editing or interesting b-roll. I think it was a missed opportunity. However, real estate is/was selling itself in Orlando, so I'm guessing they didn't really need to put in the effort.
The show changed a few months ago when it became just Razek and Rueben. I’m guessing that they ran out of ideas so they just started doing the same topics as the other shows. With it gone, DCL gone and John & Kevin’s show on indefinite hiatus they only really have the 4 shows going now (Not counting Connecting With Walt since it’s audio only and not weekly). I think at one time they had 7.

Pete told me once that he had an idea of DisTV. Can you imagine? All day Dis shows. As much as I think Tom Cordless is a creep, I feel like he's blown Pete out of the water with how big wdwnt has gotten in terms of production.

Reactions: 3
Pete told me once that he had an idea of DisTV. Can you imagine? All day Dis shows. As much as I think Tom Cordless is a creep, I feel like he's blown Pete out of the water with how big wdwnt has gotten in terms of production.
Pretty much all of the other Disney content on YouTube has blown the Dis out of the water. The Dis now feels low quality, outdated and quite frankly boring

Reactions: 10
I think the truth is that the DIS/Dreams dies with Pete and John. It's obvious Pete has enough money at this point with the real estate and travel agency that he doesn't really care anymore. The DISboards are a shell of their former selves. Dreams runs on a GeoCities website, plus the Youtube channel puts out tit content.

Reactions: 4
I have a trip coming up to WDW in a couple weeks. It’s literally my first (and maybe only) trip to WDW! I am CRAVING content on the parks right now. The Dis is apparently going to devote 45 minutes weekly to the legal fight like its Meet the Press.
IMHO, The Dis is not a good source for trip planning, unless your plans involve buying into DVC or making the trip a permanent move (and that info is on the offshoots of The Dis). For trip planning, I'd recommend DFB, although I haven't always agreed with their dining choices. The only thing that DFB and The Dis seem to have in common is their love for a good manicure.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Maybe I’m in the minority, but nothing will beat the early Internet. eBay (paying people with money orders/checks before PayPal), Geocities, AIM, MSN Messenger, etc. It was definitely a hodge-podge hot mess everywhere you looked. Everything was experimental and design/aesthetics weren’t important. Now it’s a handful of apps, websites look like they were all put together by the same interior designer, and rather boring.

I don’t really mind crappy time capsuled interfaces. It’s like visiting Cuba with 1950s cars driving down the street in 2023. Surreal. It’s just a shame they don’t cover much of the parks/resorts anymore. The joy is definitely gone. All are very tired. COVID sapped the energy…I think everything went south when, dare I say, Porter left?

Reactions: 6
Pretty much all of the other Disney content on YouTube has blown the Dis out of the water. The Dis now feels low quality, outdated and quite frankly boring
I feel the same. What is the point of the weekly show really? To reread articles?

Seriously what was the last piece of helpful advice Julie gave about the parks?

They need agents back on the show or just give up.

Oh and it bugs me she was more worried about talking to kids about being gay in Florida schools than her being an unqualified science teacher for the rest of the year and she was the best option the school had.

Did Pete ever ride the rides at Disney parks? I can't recall him ever doing that.
Now that you mention it, I don't recall him ever talking about going on rides. He definitely seems more of the show watching, shopping, and eating kind of park goer. But he doesn't even really go to the parks anymore. I think he's only interested in being on property if he's at one of the "signature" restaurants or staying concierge at a deluxe resort. Granted, I do appreciate feedback on those things since that's what I like when I'm at Disney, but he really doesn't allow for any other discussion. When the others try to bring up more economical options, I can just hear Pete thinking "peasants" in his head :rolleyes:

Now that you mention it, I don't recall him ever talking about going on rides. He definitely seems more of the show watching, shopping, and eating kind of park goer. But he doesn't even really go to the parks anymore. I think he's only interested in being on property if he's at one of the "signature" restaurants or staying concierge at a deluxe resort. Granted, I do appreciate feedback on those things since that's what I like when I'm at Disney, but he really doesn't allow for any other discussion. When the others try to bring up more economical options, I can just hear Pete thinking "peasants" in his head :rolleyes:
This is such a missed opportunity for content. They have a unique position where they can (well, could) review and showcase every price level, yet they never do.

Reactions: 3
Pete is always trying to force a Disney vacation down our throats, yet he never goes to the parks anymore and is always complaining about them. Not really a good business model. Also all the bragging doesn’t really make me want to support your business and give you my money.

Reactions: 9
I feel the same. What is the point of the weekly show really? To reread articles?

Seriously what was the last piece of helpful advice Julie gave about the parks?

They need agents back on the show or just give up.

Oh and it bugs me she was more worried about talking to kids about being gay in Florida schools than her being an unqualified science teacher for the rest of the year and she was the best option the school had.
Everything about that show was a disaster. There was no counter point to anything whatsoever. Just 3 people ranting incoherently about politics and Craig meekly trying to move them along. In the future they need to cap the rants to a minute or so per person and then move on.
And the bleeping COVID rants need to be done. Talk about something else FFS.

Reactions: 8
Anyone watching the show? Pete is stepping down as host as he has "lost his passion for the parks"

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Wonder how who will be the new host.

Gotta credit him for admitting that he lost his passion though

Reactions: 11
I'm really glad Pete wasn't mad about last weeks show. I'm also glad he's leaving the weekly, he talks over everyone and as we've said and he's said, he's never in the parks and only cares about cruise line and fancy restaurants. No more "well Josh D'amaro is my bff blah blah"

Reactions: 6
I don't get the impression any of them still has a passion for the parks.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.