The DisUnplugged #4 They tried to make Pete go to rehab, but he said I need my phone!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Been gone a bit, has the channel gotten any better? Ryno and Julie made any content lately that will sell trips?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
The DIS hasn't been providing much to complain about lately so this thread has collapsed in on itself.
Oh, there's always something to complain about, like Craig's "ahoy-hoy" catchphrase or his hat. That said, I'm almost always entertained by Ryno & Craig, even if there is nothing like a good ol' rant from Pete.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Pete likes to pretend that he is incredibly wealthy and that the Dis is so successful yet … it reads like the lowest budget attempt at covering all things Disney. Part of the regular narrative in regard to dining reviews is that they usually do quick service because it costs less and they wait months for Pete to reimburse them. The low budget reminder comes through loud and clear when they film a live show and the neighbor is mowing the lawn. Their “studio“ is Pete’s garage so how successful is the Dis? He’s has this going for 20 years?

Reactions: 5
Pete likes to pretend that he is incredibly wealthy and that the Dis is so successful yet … it reads like the lowest budget attempt at covering all things Disney. Part of the regular narrative in regard to dining reviews is that they usually do quick service because it costs less and they wait months for Pete to reimburse them. The low budget reminder comes through loud and clear when they film a live show and the neighbor is mowing the lawn. Their “studio“ is Pete’s garage so how successful is the Dis? He’s has this going for 20 years?
The DIS is totally over staffed for their size and reach. One would hope they would be more polished with all the producers, etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I will never understand what all these people do if they're supposed to be working full-time. Or even how they would fill part-time hours. And when these people show up at Pete's garage for a show, do they get paid extra for that. Or at all, like Julie, who I guess isn't a staff member, just married to one? And what the hell is Pete doing for his business these days? Going on cruises and coming back to show off the crappy jewelry he bought at the ship shop doesn't count.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I will never understand what all these people do if they're supposed to be working full-time. Or even how they would fill part-time hours. And when these people show up at Pete's garage for a show, do they get paid extra for that. Or at all, like Julie, who I guess isn't a staff member, just married to one? And what the hell is Pete doing for his business these days? Going on cruises and coming back to show off the crappy jewelry he bought at the ship shop doesn't count.
I think Pete just sits back, let’s everyone else do the work and he just reaps the rewards.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Nice episode description for a group that hates the “don’t say gay bill” so much. Hypocrites much? Hope whinny ass Ryno sees this!
4849116C-2B5F-4AFB-8787-076EF221591B.jpeg

Reactions: 1
The butthole comments were crude and inappropriate for family content. I am pretty lax but I was like yeah, that’s too much when kids can be watching.

The Governor is the wrong and it’s more than likely going to end up in court. What this Governor is doing is awful, let’s be clear on that. But my goodness, discuss something else as well.

I have a trip coming up to WDW in a couple weeks. It’s literally my first (and maybe only) trip to WDW! I am CRAVING content on the parks right now. The Dis is apparently going to devote 45 minutes weekly to the legal fight like its Meet the Press.

It’s not my fault your Governor is on a power trip. it’s not my fault Chapek handled it so poorly when he probably should have said nothing. And no, Ryno, it doesn’t make me a privileged prick to think there will be PARK content from a park centric podcast sponsored by a travel agency!

If anyone has good recommendations for WDW podcasts that cover best park strategy, etc please let me know. I found the DBC podcast and that’s pretty good and in line with what I am looking for.

Again, I didn’t even necessarily disagree with the
team, but the group came across as utterly awful in that last podcast. Don’t lecture me, I didn’t vote for your Governor.

I am sure Ryno knows and cares zero about the politics of my state so again, spare me if my bandwidth for Florida politics is low.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I've always said I would LOVE if there was at least ONE person with a differing point of view on this podcast. But you can't have a discussion about politics with people like Ryno. As soon as you start saying stuff that he disagrees with you on, he'll just throw out stuff like "you're a bigot!"

Reactions: 9
The butthole comments were crude and inappropriate for family content. I am pretty lax but I was like yeah, that’s too much when kids can be watching.

The Governor is the wrong and it’s more than likely going to end up in court. What this Governor is doing is awful, let’s be clear on that. But my goodness, discuss something else as well.

I have a trip coming up to WDW in a couple weeks. It’s literally my first (and maybe only) trip to WDW! I am CRAVING content on the parks right now. The Dis is apparently going to devote 45 minutes weekly to the legal fight like its Meet the Press.

It’s not my fault your Governor is on a power trip. it’s not my fault Chapek handled it so poorly when he probably should have said nothing. And no, Ryno, it doesn’t make me a privileged prick to think there will be PARK content from a park centric podcast sponsored by a travel agency!

If anyone has good recommendations for WDW podcasts that cover best park strategy, etc please let me know. I found the DBC podcast and that’s pretty good and in line with what I am looking for.

team, but the group came across as utterly awful in that last podcast. Don’t lecture me, I didn’t vote for your Governor.

I am sure Ryno knows and cares zero about the politics of my state so again, spare me if my bandwidth for Florida politics is low.
Ya the butthole comment was weird especially what Craig said.
Ryno didn't find that funny.

• Haha
Reactions: 2

@JaqAndGus indeed!😜

If you also prefer reading blogs, then I recommend The Disney Tourist Blog by Tom Bricker. https://www.disneytouristblog.com/2023-unique-offer-code-upgrade-discount-disney-world/
He offers thorough reviews and analysis of all Disney parks, resorts, and dining, along with engagement with readers in his comments. 🥳🏰

However, if you prefer watching vlogs, then an easy resource to view WDW planning would be DFB - Disney Food Blog on YouTube. 😉

There are certainly other WDW resources out there, however, I prefer the Disney Tourist Blog and Disney Food Blog. Happy planning and have fun on your WDW trip! 😊

Reactions: 6
I've always said I would LOVE if there was at least ONE person with a differing point of view on this podcast. But you can't have a discussion about politics with people like Ryno. As soon as you start saying stuff that he disagrees with you on, he'll just throw out stuff like "you're a bigot!"
Yeah I totally felt like he was implying people are homophobic if you don’t care about their fight with the Governor.

It’s not lost on me that the Governor they are complaining about was very supportive of reopening WDW while in California, DL sat closed. This Governor (as much as we may disagree with him now) saved a lot of jobs and likely some at the Dis. They couldn’t have survived a year with nothing to say.

It’s wild to me Disney and this Governor wouldn’t have a very positive business relationship after being allowed to reopen with a common goal. Regardless of whether I think WDW should have reopened when it did, I would have guessed there was a strong relationship there. I would have thought Ron and Bob had a standing monthly lunch date to check in with each other.

I am not going to referee their mutual stupidity of not working things out.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
The problem I have with Ryno is that he seems like he anointed himself the official Gay Spokesperson. There are multiple views the community has on some of Disney's policies/positions. On one of the Patreon shows he was going off on J K Rowlings on how she is not only a bigot, but racist as well. This was around the time a newly Transwoman was asking to be placed in a Woman's prison after as a man raping two women. He is entitled to have an opinion, but if you have a different one, hence "you're a bigot" gets played!

Reactions: 3
I think the reason other youtube channels do much better than the DIS, is they keep it light and Disney-focused. Tim tracker, mammoth club, etc, they talk about Disney in a fun way which is what we want from a Disney podcast. Not a 45 min political lecture. Ryan has come off as such a hateful and arrogant person I just can with him. Pete used to always say he liked his podcast to remain politically neutral but I guess that's gone and it has turned into mostly political with some cruise line and no parks discussion. Long gone are the days of using the DIS for any trip planning. I know John has stepped back from the podcast but his travel agency still sponsors it and maybe he should look at what they are spewing. Insulting your audience isn't a good look. Also, I looked back at their viewership and it looks like they get 35-50k views per podcast episode. For years. NO growth. Even the trackers get more than that. I don't understand why Disney would give two hoots what Pete thinks or has to say. His podcast shows no growth and the boards are all but dead. The Dis' hey day is over.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
@JaqAndGus indeed!😜

If you also prefer reading blogs, then I recommend The Disney Tourist Blog by Tom Bricker. https://www.disneytouristblog.com/2023-unique-offer-code-upgrade-discount-disney-world/
He offers thorough reviews and analysis of all Disney parks, resorts, and dining, along with engagement with readers in his comments. 🥳🏰

However, if you prefer watching vlogs, then an easy resource to view WDW planning would be DFB - Disney Food Blog on YouTube. 😉

There are certainly other WDW resources out there, however, I prefer the Disney Tourist Blog and Disney Food Blog. Happy planning and have fun on your WDW trip! 😊
Yes thank you! I am also specifically looking for things to listen to. I am allowed to have an earbud in at work and I am also working overtime leading up to the trip. This gives me hours a day to listen to podcasts with some final tips and ideas.

I am soooo excited. I have a feeling I will love WDW, while the team IMO just utterly takes it for granted.

Reactions: 1
Yeah I totally felt like he was implying people are homophobic if you don’t care about their fight with the Governor.

It’s not lost on me that the Governor they are complaining about was very supportive of reopening WDW while in California, DL sat closed. This Governor (as much as we may disagree with him now) saved a lot of jobs and likely some at the Dis. They couldn’t have survived a year with nothing to say.

It’s wild to me Disney and this Governor wouldn’t have a very positive business relationship after being allowed to reopen with a common goal. Regardless of whether I think WDW should have reopened when it did, I would have guessed there was a strong relationship there. I would have thought Ron and Bob had a standing monthly lunch date to check in with each other.

I am not going to referee their mutual stupidity of not working things out.
I try to stay out non Disney politics here but the reason is Desantis is a populist and populists thrive on polarizing people. If he had just stripped the district or put industry/business people in charge that would have been a good thing. Instead he put unqualified partisan lobbyists in charge. He clearly only cares about his own ambition.

The worst part about this is it turns the emotionally minded into extremists that alienate people that would otherwise support them.

Unfortunately, populists are popular right now in both parties so it will be a while before true conservatives or libertarians start having a say again. Same with more level headed Democrats. Then of course there is the rampant corporate lobbyists on all sides. It's a real tit show.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.