The DisUnplugged #4 They tried to make Pete go to rehab, but he said I need my phone!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't get the impression any of them still has a passion for the parks.
Panda seems to have a passion for the parks. I think Ryno is a strong facilitator and the combo of Ryno and Panda would make for a good team. I was glad that Pete pointed out that Ryno was doing a great job subbing for him. Pete seems stingy with praise but I think it was well deserved.

Reactions: 9
I can't believe that Pete realized over his latest 8 day Disney cruise that the DIS Unplugged show needs him to step away.

🤣 "Ya think?"
---
I don't get the impression any of them still has a passion for the parks.
It happens to ALL the Disney vloggers, streamers and news outlets.

The only way to retain a love of the Disney parks is to not be there so often.
---

• Haha
They are all passionless. Now that fraud Ryno will be hosting.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Anyone watching the show? Pete is stepping down as host as he has "lost his passion for the parks"
Wow, I might have to go back and listen to this show! Kudos to Pete for at least being honest about his feelings and stepping aside. Maybe now the others will have more of a voice and can expand what the show talks about beyond Pete's expensive excursions and purchases. I actually liked Craig back when I was listening regularly. Yeah he's got a bit of a dry sense of humor but I always thought he was at least willing to try new things in the parks and was honest in his reviews. It'll be interesting to see where they go with the channel now.

Reactions: 8
IMHO, The Dis is not a good source for trip planning, unless your plans involve buying into DVC or making the trip a permanent move (and that info is on the offshoots of The Dis).
To be honest, their Moving to Orlando content was/is garbage. I did move to Orlando, and spent a couple of years researching before the move. There are fantastic Facebook groups out there with tons of great info and resources. By the time the DIS launched their channel, we were just about to make the move and I watched a few episodes. It was embarrassing how much Pete did not know and how many wrong or incomplete things he said on shows and was passing himself off as an expert. Their website was full of errors. All their realtors were relatively new and inexperienced and often were not familiar with all the areas they were selling in. I felt so bad for all those people that were so quick to sign on with this agency because they fell for the cult of Pete and missed out on having an established realtor help guide them thorough this process like I did.

Reactions: 5
I did go and watch Pete’s monologue and I have to give him credit for stepping down from the main show. I do occasionally still watch DVC & DCL stuff he’s on and it’s clear that’s where his heart and passion is.

I hope the main show can recover but time will tell.

Reactions: 7
They confirmed in the comments it was Oliver. Sean was never a true employee of the DIS. It wasn’t a Voldermort situation with the name, they were just playing a game among themselves to match up restaurants with people and they came up short with Oliver.
My assumption was that they were referring to Oliver but there was another Sean they missed-Shaun Thompson. He worked there back when Dustin was at The Dis. I think he was even in Craig’s wedding.

Reactions: 1
I think he waited too late to step down, the show is on fumes. Ryno has been giving numerous opportunities to host from B&W, DL show, Dis pop, etc. He stumbles into opportunities.

I think it should go to Craig, he deserves it. To give it to anyone else, would be disrespectful.

A rotating host situation would be too weak and directionless. It would leave Pete still overly involved, determine rotation, format, etc instead of handing over the reins completely.

Craig is the Dis. I have no idea what those other people even do.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
My assumption was that they were referring to Oliver but there was another Sean they missed-Shaun Thompson. He worked there back when Dustin was at The Dis. I think he was even in Craig’s wedding.
Craig said Shaun and Ryno never worked together and they were only naming people they both worked with.

Reactions: 1
To be honest, their Moving to Orlando content was/is garbage. I did move to Orlando, and spent a couple of years researching before the move. There are fantastic Facebook groups out there with tons of great info and resources. By the time the DIS launched their channel, we were just about to make the move and I watched a few episodes. It was embarrassing how much Pete did not know and how many wrong or incomplete things he said on shows and was passing himself off as an expert. Their website was full of errors. All their realtors were relatively new and inexperienced and often were not familiar with all the areas they were selling in. I felt so bad for all those people that were so quick to sign on with this agency because they fell for the cult of Pete and missed out on having an established realtor help guide them thorough this process like I did.
Pete did the same thing to DVC. He thought because he bought in he was an automatic expert. Was doling out some very bad information to buyers at first. Not sure if he ever learned, I stopped watching that bit.

As for moving to anywhere, yes, one needs to do their own research as well as have competent contacts in the area.

This could be interesting. No matter what something needed to be done and if this leads to it so be it. I don't want to judge anyone outside the confines of the content. I like the energy Pete brings when he is motivated.

Despite my criticisms, I like Ryno and I like Julie, I even somewhat agree with what they are saying. It just isn't the place. If they want to do what they were doing it should be in a personal podcast (or "lifestyle" channel podcast).

That all said, the show needs a producer that can keep them on task, not just a technical one. Craig can do it but I'm not sure he wants to. I think he excels when he does. It is a little unfair to him when he is already part of the content. They may need a new person that just keeps them on track without neccesarily being part of the content.

I wish them the best and I'll probably check it out time to time to see if it gets better.

Reactions: 3
I can’t help but wonder if Pete has been reading here? He reiterated a lot of what we’ve been saying for months now. Hopefully the show will regain its relevance but I’m afraid it might be too late

Gotta credit him for admitting that he lost his passion though
I think that's admirable too. I could see how having to be constantly "switched on" for The Dis would just get draining for him. I think that "on" switch just comes more naturally to Ryno, but he needs someone to help ground/balance him. I'm curious to see how this all goes.

I can’t help but wonder if Pete has been reading here? He reiterated a lot of what we’ve been saying for months now. Hopefully the show will regain its relevance but I’m afraid it might be too late
I was thinking the exact same thing. I think he has been feeling this for a while, but his ego has grown too big for me to think that he made this decision without outside influence. I wish him the best and I'll continue to watch, but I don't give him enough credit to be that self-reflective to decide that now is the time. Between the comments here and last weeks show, I think it gave him an easy out.

Lets be honest, Pete lost his passion when they banned smoking in the parks

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I don’t know if Pete specifically reads here but Craig does at the very least. Tattle has been mentioned in several after shows.

• Haha
Lets be honest, Pete lost his passion when they banned smoking in the parks

This seriously was it, because he was super passionate about Disneyland for a time as well.

If you are a heavy smoker and temperamental like Pete, either you are leaving and re-entering the parks several times or you just “push through” and try to go without smoking. I have a good friend who is a heavy smoker. I can tell you if she tried to push through a day at Disney, she would be irritated at every small inconvenience. She would deem the place as dirty, crowded and everyone else as rude when really she was the problem. She wouldn’t even be able to be objective enough to see how her perspective was warped. Obviously many smokers manage their addiction much better than that. For Pete, the problem is the mix of his habit and his temperament.

Addiction is tough, but if he were to kick the smoking, it would be like taking off smoke colored glasses.

I’ll miss Pete from the show. It’ll be ironic if he left because of Tattle and the thread ends up dying without him.

Tattle eating itself.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.