The DisUnplugged #4 They tried to make Pete go to rehab, but he said I need my phone!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Regarding the nails--I'm pretty sure in an after show Pete has mentioned he goes to the same place his mom gets her nails done, and that he was always a nail biter until he got them painted. That being said, the flaunting the nails with the jewelry has gotten a little more noticeable lately. As a gay man myself, I always looked at him like the flamboyance is an act. I've gone back and watched old shows and never got that same impression from him as I have in the more recent shows.

Reactions: 6
Regarding the nails--I'm pretty sure in an after show Pete has mentioned he goes to the same place his mom gets her nails done, and that he was always a nail biter until he got them painted. That being said, the flaunting the nails with the jewelry has gotten a little more noticeable lately. As a gay man myself, I always looked at him like the flamboyance is an act. I've gone back and watched old shows and never got that same impression from him as I have in the more recent shows.
Pete seems to adopt the personality of whatever social circle he is currently attached to. His new BF/Fiancé seems much more “flamboyant” than Pete ever was so it makes total sense from that aspect. Looks at his clothing. Same thing as the nails. Pete is not comfortable with himself and is a bit of a chameleon. I wish he was more confident in himself to not do this because there are times when I really like him when he is just being Pete for Jersey and not what he thinks he should be for the sake of those around him.

Reactions: 9
I don't get it. Can you give more details about what you mean?
The point is they are up in arms the Florida government made a law in schools shielding children under a certain age from sexual content, NOT JUST GAY CONTENT, in schools. They termed it the don’t say gay bill, yet their own description is attempting to do the exact same thing, shield children from inappropriate content. They are hypocrites. Also I’m gay, before anyone tries to say I’m homophobic!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I think the reason other youtube channels do much better than the DIS, is they keep it light and Disney-focused. Tim tracker, mammoth club, etc, they talk about Disney in a fun way which is what we want from a Disney podcast. Not a 45 min political lecture. Ryan has come off as such a hateful and arrogant person I just can with him. Pete used to always say he liked his podcast to remain politically neutral but I guess that's gone and it has turned into mostly political with some cruise line and no parks discussion. Long gone are the days of using the DIS for any trip planning. I know John has stepped back from the podcast but his travel agency still sponsors it and maybe he should look at what they are spewing. Insulting your audience isn't a good look. Also, I looked back at their viewership and it looks like they get 35-50k views per podcast episode. For years. NO growth. Even the trackers get more than that. I don't understand why Disney would give two hoots what Pete thinks or has to say. His podcast shows no growth and the boards are all but dead. The Dis' hey day is over.
I agree with you that their views are horrible considering how long they have been around and how consistent they have been. They certainly act like they get millions of views.
Where you lost me though is when you gave kudos to Dim Slacker. Really....fun Disney content?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Pete seems to adopt the personality of whatever social circle he is currently attached to. His new BF/Fiancé seems much more “flamboyant” than Pete ever was so it makes total sense from that aspect. Looks at his clothing. Same thing as the nails. Pete is not comfortable with himself and is a bit of a chameleon. I wish he was more confident in himself to not do this because there are times when I really like him when he is just being Pete for Jersey and not what he thinks he should be for the sake of those around him.
You nailed it. I have been listening from the beginning so I have listened and seen the changes over the years. You can always tell when he and the DIS are in a groove because it shows in the quality of the content. Unfortunately he is not been in a groove for a while now.

He does seem to try adopt the character of the people he is associating with. IF you look back a year or two when he was involved with Sean, his attire was mainly polo shirts (there were even some Under Armour shirts at one point) which fit much more into the style of Sean. Now he seems to have gone much more flamboyant, which in the past was something he was not and seemed to make fun of.

As a listener he's much better when he is just being himself (flaws and all) and not trying to play a character.

Reactions: 10
The point is they are up in arms the Florida government made a law in schools shielding children under a certain age from sexual content, NOT JUST GAY CONTENT, in schools. They termed it the don’t say gay bill, yet their own description is attempting to do the exact same thing, shield children from inappropriate content. They are hypocrites. Also I’m gay, before anyone tries to say I’m homophobic!
I don't want to further derail this thread, but I'm gonna 😜 Just wanted to point out that the law is now for all ages K-12.
Back on topic, all his talk about how much his hideous wardrobe cost him, and how many suitcases he travels with is really delivering me all of the second hand embarrassment I can handle.

Anyone watch the latest dining show, they (Ryno, Craig and Erika) listed every table service in the parks and said if they had never been to it. Not informative, but Craig and Ryno kept identifying who they dined with at each and it became a “names of people no longer at DIS“. They mentioned there was one person they wouldn’t mention…..any guesses?

• Wow
Reactions: 6
They’re really scraping the bottom of the barrel for content. A list of places they haven’t eaten at? Groundbreaking 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 5
That really seems like it should have been for the patreon channel. It was awkward and talking about 1 person (I assume Sean) at the end for a bit was weird.

Reactions: 1
Wait … I thought someone said that Sean was coming back to the Dis or at least the realty side. And what happened to Drake, the Disney cast member and realtor who was also running the camera and drone for their realty videos? Hard to keep track of the revolving door of Pete’s garage.

Anyone watch the latest dining show, they (Ryno, Craig and Erika) listed every table service in the parks and said if they had never been to it. Not informative, but Craig and Ryno kept identifying who they dined with at each and it became a “names of people no longer at DIS“. They mentioned there was one person they wouldn’t mention…..any guesses?
They confirmed in the comments it was Oliver. Sean was never a true employee of the DIS. It wasn’t a Voldermort situation with the name, they were just playing a game among themselves to match up restaurants with people and they came up short with Oliver.

Reactions: 3
I don't get it. Can you give more details about what you mean?
It hearkens back to a time not long ago where not a single person believed men should go into women’s locker rooms, or that kids be “read stories” by male adult crossdressers in full costume and disturbing clown makeup accentuating the most sexual aspects of the female body.

The episode can be summarized as “kids don’t need to see this stuff at Disney.” Incredible to have a panel of gay men in 2007 say stuff that straight liberals in 2023 could find bigoted anti-LGBT rhetoric.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Wait … I thought someone said that Sean was coming back to the Dis or at least the realty side. And what happened to Drake, the Disney cast member and realtor who was also running the camera and drone for their realty videos? Hard to keep track of the revolving door of Pete’s garage.
Yeah....seems like the whole "Moving to Orlando" enterprise has imploded. They haven't loaded any content for a while, and even then it that new guy and Ruben. I haven't seen Drake or Danielle in a video in over 6 months, so I just assumed they moved on. Funny enough I had a friend contact Moving to Orlando early last summer when they were interested in moving, and was put in contact with Drake. They were really impressed with him as a realtor. If he's got drive, it's no surprise that he ditched and found something else.

There was talk a few pages ago that Ruben also left Florida, which one has to wonder who he sold his stake to. It might explain why the business has been in limbo.

Reactions: 2
Yeah....seems like the whole "Moving to Orlando" enterprise has imploded. They haven't loaded any content for a while, and even then it that new guy and Ruben. I haven't seen Drake or Danielle in a video in over 6 months, so I just assumed they moved on. Funny enough I had a friend contact Moving to Orlando early last summer when they were interested in moving, and was put in contact with Drake. They were really impressed with him as a realtor. If he's got drive, it's no surprise that he ditched and found something else.

There was talk a few pages ago that Ruben also left Florida, which one has to wonder who he sold his stake to. It might explain why the business has been in limbo.
I'm interested in who Ruben sold his stake to as well. I have no idea what happened to Drake, but Sean mentioned that Danielle moved back home a while ago.

My problem with them (Moving to Orlando) was the low effort/content videos they put out. It seems like they recorded a few week of videos back to back and just sped thru them. It was mainly a bunch of top ten lists with little editing or interesting b-roll. I think it was a missed opportunity. However, real estate is/was selling itself in Orlando, so I'm guessing they didn't really need to put in the effort.

Reactions: 2
Ruben left Florida? He was the guy born and raised in Clermont and he and his wife just bought a new build house in Clermont and he was never ever leaving Clermont. That comes as quite a surprise!

Ruben left Florida? He was the guy born and raised in Clermont and he and his wife just bought a new build house in Clermont and he was never ever leaving Clermont. That comes as quite a surprise!
He and his wife were moving to be closer to her family.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.