The DisUnplugged #4 They tried to make Pete go to rehab, but he said I need my phone!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I misspoke. It was actually Jojo's first Galactic Starcruiser video:
So one of my favorite parts of the Galactic Starcruiser vlogs was seeing all of the vloggers in everyone else's videos. You could hardly shake a stick without hitting a vlogger in that first week.

I wonder if Jojo has even heard of The Dis? I'm fairly certain I saw Pete Werner in the background of a Kyle Pallo video at one of the resorts. I feel like Ryno and Craig probably are most likely to be seen in other vlogs.

What's the Michael Kay thread called? I'd love to read some of the comments on there! I want to find out if he's actually married now to a sugar momma.

What's the Michael Kay thread called? I'd love to read some of the comments on there! I want to find out if he's actually married now to a sugar momma.
He just recently changed his name in real life, dropped the K and now has his Mommy's Maiden Name.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Ever notice drag performances only portray the most sexual aspects of women? Apologists suggest drag just is expression of femininity, yet there’s never a portrayal of a modest Christian woman in drag. Drag exclusively obsesses over caricatured female sexuality with gigantic cleavage rather than this nonexistent “expression of femininity.” A drag queen would go into involuntary convulsions if they wore a Christian necklace.

Drag used to be tucked into a corner not viewed fondly by polite society (normal people). It was clearly adult content. It’s still adult content. Social decorum used to be unanimous that kids not be exposed to adult content. You’re perplexed as to why.
Don’t mean to prolong this insanity but I felt the need to reply to this. Dude, what are you even talking about? Mrs Doubtfire, Tootsie, Hairspray, the Madea movies, Some Like it Hot - mainstream movies (not tucked into the corner) featuring non overtly sexualized drag roles going back decades. Just to name a few. Heck, Mrs Doubtfire is a 20th Century Fox film so I guess that’s technically Disney IP now.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
Don’t mean to prolong this insanity but I felt the need to reply to this. Dude, what are you even talking about? Mrs Doubtfire, Tootsie, Hairspray, the Madea movies, Some Like it Hot - mainstream movies (not tucked into the corner) featuring non overtly sexualized drag roles going back decades. Just to name a few. Heck, Mrs Doubtfire is a 20th Century Fox film so I guess that’s technically Disney IP now.
Oh jeez.....here we go again.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
This thread has died like the dis unplugged...
Ok, I'll throw something out there.......It feels like someone has talked to Erica. She appears to be opening her mouth when she speaks and seems much more energetic.
Feel free to discuss amongst yourselves.

Reactions: 1
Ok, I'll throw something out there.......It feels like someone has talked to Erica. She appears to be opening her mouth when she speaks and seems much more energetic.
Feel free to discuss amongst yourselves.
I mentioned in a previous thread, it's hard to be an off-air talent and get thrown on air (which is what I assume happened to her), it probably takes 6+ months to get acclimated and be able to appear professional. I have noticed she's improved on air the last couple of episodes.

As far as Deni and her channel, I've subscribed and watched and it's just hard, she's super nice, she needs a Craig to offset her personality and provide some additional production skills. We've discussed in these threads before, TheDis works/worked because of the combination of the skills folks have, most of them couldn't hold a show on in their own, and as much as I like Deni in general, I just don't find her channel all that compelling without some counterpoint.

Reactions: 9
yeah craig, deni, ryno were a really great trio. I'm sure Erica probably felt uncomfortable and unwanted to an extent which sure didn't help.

Reactions: 3
I’m always confused by the food reviews. They don’t often seem to know what they are eating and struggle to describe it.

Erica gives a superior attitude due to her allergies and vegan diet which seems to lean pescatarian as well. We hear more about her than the food. I would like to know more about the menu options and new offerings and portion sizes and prices. What changes between lunch and dinner at that location? Are some parts of the restaurant quieter? Do they allow parents to bring strollers inside? General information in a first person approach would be welcome by a lot of people.

They could do so much better.

Reactions: 4
Perfect example of a warped sense of reality. Liberals insist they’re freely expressing themselves, oblivious they have a nagging tendency to pretend to be other people.

Drag is exactly that. Transsexualism is exactly that. Liberals perceive it’s expression of themselves when in reality it’s trying to be something they’re not.

When a person accuses you of being crazy as they insist up is down, you feel a sense of loss and sympathy for them. You can lead someone to water but you can’t make them think.
Trans and Drag are not the same.
I’d take every drag queen reading every goddamn book in the library, including Twilight, to kids over one more school shooting. There I freely expressed myself.
---
The Church Lady.

Btw, to a previous comment you had, I'm someone who changed my attitude about it. Not "overnight" and not because I'm unmoored. I simply thought through it some more, re-evaluated why I felt the way I did, did some introspection, etc.

All that said, while I like Deni, she always reminded me of maybe a dude in drag.
Maybe because…

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Is everyone on this thread American? Some of the posts about drag are just so completely alien to how drag is perceived in the UK. Here, drag has been part of mainstream entertainment forever. The wonderful and much-missed Paul O'Grady presented a family friendly game show on TV at peak viewing time for years as Lily Savage. Before him, Danny LaRue was often on prime time TV. Today we see the new generation of drag queens on TV game shows etc all the time. It sounds as if things are very different in the US (sorry to further derail the thread but I'm genuinely interested).

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I give up.

The DisUnplugged #5: The History of Drag Queens in America and Walt Disney World.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
The DIS hasn't been providing much to complain about lately so this thread has collapsed in on itself.

In the end, Pete wins lmao

Reactions: 2
The DIS hasn't been providing much to complain about lately so this thread has collapsed in on itself.

In the end, Pete wins lmao
I wonder what will happen on today's show to spark controversy..or make us want a nap.

• Haha
yeah craig, deni, ryno were a really great trio. I'm sure Erica probably felt uncomfortable and unwanted to an extent which sure didn't help.
They were my favorite trio. Their personalities worked really well together!

I enjoy when it's not a one person show on Tuesday with everyone else trying to get a word in before the owner interrupts them.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.