The DisUnplugged #4 They tried to make Pete go to rehab, but he said I need my phone!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t understand how Erica got the job. She’s awful. She mumbles when she talks. She has no personality or charisma.
If I have to hear her talk another time about how she was crying and bawling during a fireworks show! That's about the only thing I've hear her say. I usually tune out when she's talking.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Watching Erica definitely makes me miss Deni Sunderly on the show. And what ever happened to Jackie Gailey? Did she have an unfortunate accident with her Crock Pot or something?

• Haha
Jackie moved out of Florida. I believe she went back home to Seattle. It’s always the ones with the personality that leave. The whiny ones seem to stay.

• Haha
I do wonder how hard it must be for Erica to do food reviews with her jaws wired shut. Poor thing. :censored:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I loathed Jackie, she was a super Pollyanna who would find something positive about Bob Chapek showing up at her house and leaving a pile of tit on the doorstep.

Also she legitimately found black pepper to be overly spicy, so she was useless in food reviews.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Jackie is smug and opinionated outside of the Dis.
She played victim and worked the Pollyanna role when Deni was there to run interference for her. She has moved back to Washington State to a “low rent” area (not Seattle) and while it is all over priced, it is not a safe area, it is rundown and dreary and there is nothing at all to be boasting about. I assume her husband is associated with the military as that is the only employment in the area.

At this point The Dis is a rag tag bunch of misfits but aim glad Jackie is gone.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
The Dis has been a revolving door for a while. So many people come and go. It’s hard to keep track.

• Haha
Jackie moved out of Florida. I believe she went back home to Seattle. It’s always the ones with the personality that leave. The whiny ones seem to stay.
I believe I saw that Jackie said she was moving back home to Seattle, however she was still working for the Dis.

Reactions: 1
I'm the odd one out here in that I really don't mind Erica. And I actually like Panda.

I do really miss Deni and Charles though.

Reactions: 2
If you think drag queens haven't walked down Main Street before, then we need to have a talk about Ursula! :D TBH, a lot of the Disney villainess face characters have read "drag" to me. "Drag" is just an exaggeration of gender presentation as a performance.
So it’s the gender-equivalent version of blackface. Exaggerated presentations of stereotypes as a performance.

I have no doubt in 25-30 years those supporting drag today will be mum on the issue as drag becomes seen as extremely offensive. They’ll have complete memory wipes as if they never were knee-deep in defending something so blatantly sexist.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
So it’s the gender-equivalent version of blackface. Exaggerated presentations of stereotypes as a performance.
This says more about your views than it says about anyone in drag. Gender is performative and gender presentation varies incredibly across history and culture. There is nothing inherently sex-defined about things like hairstyles, makeup, clothing; they are only "masculine" or "feminine" because societies have defined them as such. "Drag" is a repudiation of strict societal definitions on gender. I don't think anyone would seriously argue that blackface was a criticism of racism, when it is in fact, racism in action. They are not the same, although you thinking they are is quite telling.

Reactions: 15
I was getting worried where this was headed when the convo first started, but I'm pleasantly surprised to see the narrative flipped quickly. Good on y'all.

I mean, a drag show on Main Street would be worth it enough just to see Desantis' head explode.
The fake shocked responses are hilarious.
The fake stunned disbelief that male cross dressers with over-the-top busty appearances can’t simply read to preschoolers for story time. Yesterday, if you presented such an absurd scenario of subjecting kids to this you’d have unanimous pushback. Today, half the people, literally overnight, see absolutely nothing wrong with it.

That’s the problem when people don’t tether themselves to truth. They become unmoored and can’t justify limits, because such limitations would undermine everything they argued for previously.

If you can’t draw the line at kids being exposed to drag performances, I can’t imagine the next level of crazy you’ll embrace, all wrapped up in a bow so you can virtue signal to the rest of us.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
As not to derail the thread, I'll just use the Ignore feature, and get back to discussing Jackie Gailey and her Crock Pot recipes. :)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
This says more about your views than it says about anyone in drag. Gender is performative and gender presentation varies incredibly across history and culture. There is nothing inherently sex-defined about things like hairstyles, makeup, clothing; they are only "masculine" or "feminine" because societies have defined them as such. "Drag" is a repudiation of strict societal definitions on gender. I don't think anyone would seriously argue that blackface was a criticism of racism, when it is in fact, racism in action. They are not the same, although you thinking they are is quite telling.
Actually, it speaks more to the biased points of view who see nothing wrong with caricaturing women, who then proceed to insist anyone pointing out their mockery as being bigoted for doing so. It’s called projection.

But yeah, let’s pretend “drag” isn’t a caricature of women. Let’s see, over-the-top make-up, busty chest, exaggerated hair-dos, all done by men to look like….women.
---
Good point lol I think the problem is that some people think that drag is inherently sexual, which it isn't. It's about exploring a different side of your personality, being creative, and feeling good about yourself.
It is, and has been for the past 70+ years.

The naïveté of those like Julie and others on podcasts, and some here, who have “Golly-gee! Ah, shucks!” attitudes towards how corrosive this stuff is for kids to consume, is shake my head. The lack of cohesive social decorum is sad.

It used to be crazy existed and you could avoid it; now, crazy dresses up like clowns and demands the Constitutional rights to hound your kids.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Has anyone watched Deni's channel recently? I haven't but I often wonder how it does views-wise.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Has anyone watched Deni's channel recently? I haven't but I often wonder how it does views-wise.
I subscribed but I really don't watch her videos. I find that on her own she is a little boring. She is ver smart and very well spoken but she needs someone to play off of. I think her views maybe get a few K per video.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.