The DIS Unplugged #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think he knows who is clients are and they are not going anywhere, they LOVE him. Of course, their average age is probably on the other side of 55 (nothing wrong with that I am not too far away from that).

He is not going to grow his business with his attitude (and outdated way of doing things), but he probably doesn't care. He probably sees a buyout sometime in the next 3 years so he just needs to weather this and keep what he has. Then he will take the buy out and him, Kevin, Kathy, Jeff and Val can go on all the Alunai trips they want.
You hit the nail on the head. Dreams is a dinosaur. Everything is outdated. As many of their clients become too old to travel Dreams is going to tank. He is alienating any future customers with his arrogance and rudeness. Dreams will probably stay afloat for a while but in 5-10 years no way does it remain successful. If he isn't entertaining buyers he should. Also, it must be KILLING Kathy to not be able to comment.

Reactions: 11
I think he knows who is clients are and they are not going anywhere, they LOVE him. Of course, their average age is probably on the other side of 55 (nothing wrong with that I am not too far away from that).
I'm on the other side of 55, and there's zero chance I'd be shlepping along with that crowd. It's one step below those "mystery" bus tours that you see leaving from retirement communities (just pack a bag and find out where you're going once you get on the bus).

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I'm on the other side of 55, and there's zero chance I'd be shlepping along with that crowd. It's one step below those "mystery" bus tours that you see leaving from retirement communities (just pack a bag and find out where you're going once you get on the bus).
I'm a planner, a mystery trip sounds like a nightmare!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
My parents went on these constantly. I used to tell them they were crazy but they loved them. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
It's one step below those "mystery" bus tours that you see leaving from retirement communities (just pack a bag and find out where you're going once you get on the bus).
I'm a planner, a mystery trip sounds like a nightmare!
My parents went on these constantly. I used to tell them they were crazy but they loved them. :ROFLMAO:
OMG - are these a thing? I wouldn't go to mystery restaurant let alone on a mystery overnight trip. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 7
All of the booking documents. They book the cruise and fill out all the info for all guests etc. including passport information. This is handy when you book multiple cruises over the years on different lines

again, I’m lazy and this is a perc that I place value upon. It’s not required
Really? I don’t do any of that tit. DUT sounds awful from an agent perspective

Reactions: 2
I’ve taken so many cruises that’s why I’m confused about all these “forms”. I suppose putting the passport numbers into the app is hard for some?

• Haha
I’ve taken so many cruises that’s why I’m confused about all these “forms”. I suppose putting the passport numbers into the app is hard for some?
Not to mention that darned KTN thingy they have nowadays...

Reactions: 1
I remember reading that the second time she gave away cars, they did pay the taxes because they learned their lesson of the first time you mentioned! Yes, maybe a little off thread topic, LOL! But this goes to all the extras that Vloggers/Streamers make such as through Patreon/Superchats need to be reported as income. For instance with Ryno's recent live streams, all of the superchats need to be declared on taxes.
Exactly and the IRS dropped the reporting requirement to $600, down from $25,000 in the past. Gifts are great, but these volggers better be prepared to pay taxes.

Should we add Webmaster Kathy to the wiki? I'm a little conflicted because I don't want to give her publicity or attention, but she does have a role in the overall culture. Give me a thumbs up to add or sad face to vote nope.

• Sad
Reactions: 31
I really, really like this idea. I was thinking along the same lines, but I like your idea more.

I thought it might show enormous good faith in their business clientele and the Disney community at large if they created a board of trustees that is comprised of ordinary people (like us) that frequently use their services. In the same way that studios use test audiences.

I'm not proposing the board/committee would have any real power, but it would allow John/Kevin/Corey to truly hear what is being said from real people, real faces, and yes, even real names. I would not have any problem doxing myself in that situation, because I also think it's only fair that we are transparent, when we are asking them to be transparent.
I think we are making them out to be a bigger company than they are. They are a very small company.
---
John (and his wallet) have spoken! Corey is getting in line.
He has no choice....he wouldn't be able to get another job in IT...they would laugh him out the door. 1999 skills won't cut it.

Reactions: 10
Should we add Webmaster Kathy to the wiki? I'm a little conflicted because I don't want to give her publicity or attention, but she does have a role in the overall culture. Give me a thumbs up to add or sad face to vote nope.
The b**** is a nobody on a power trip and needs to remain as such

• Heart
Reactions: 8
it can be a lot. Pete tries to be boujee, so I’m sure he went to the fancy “resort style” rehab facilities. They can be 10k a week, depending on the facility.
so pete went to rehab for 80 weeks? that cant be it, the spend happened in an earlier statement period than his rehab stint.

800k in dvc contracts sounds beyond anything even pete would do

he spent the 800k on gambling. overdid it, is an addict thereby needed a rehab stay. this has to be it.
---
i used dut and still did that myself Wtf thanks kelly mikahliaki

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.