The DIS Unplugged #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why would he have bought that much direct from Disney?

On prior DVC shows when he was talking about owning so many points, he would mention that he would use some of them for the business - Room Reviews; Using them to house employees to cover events etc., using them as "perks/bonuses. (Some companies have season tickets to baseball games that they give out to employees during the year, Pete apparently had DVC stays)

So it seems at the very least there was some blurring of the lines on how Pete was viewing these.
No idea. As I said, all were purchased by Werner, as a single man. You'd expect points purchased for business use, even if comped back to employees or senior staff, would have been purchased under the corporation. That's not a blur, that's an erasure.

Reactions: 5
Last I checked, property taxes were all paid up, probably because Walter made sure they got paid. Remember, the house was solely in Walter's name until Pete got quitclaimed onto the deed in 2021. Now they're both on it.

Weren't most of his contracts financed? Unless he bought a bunch more on AmEx. If he had enough, he wouldn't even need the house - he could just spend 365 days a year moving between properties. Not that he's likely to show his face anywhere at WDW for a while, or maybe ever.
Orange County (FL) Comptroller/Recorder (Disney World Resorts):
http://or.occompt.com/recorder/web/

I can find my own DVC loan and payoff info on this site, but if Pete financed, he did not do so through Disney Vacation Development (Disney themselves) or he did not use Pete/Peter Warner as his name.

Yes, I believe he put it all on the Amex.

Reactions: 2
Pete needs some tough love right now. Time to process, learn, and figure out who he wants to be moving forward. That's all any of us can do when we make mistakes of our own. I guess having somebody on his side is nice, but there's nothing wrong with other people wanting to distance themselves. Both reactions are valid.

Reactions: 3
Hello, everyone,

After careful consideration, I've come to the difficult decision to close this thread. Please understand that this choice is not an attempt to undermine anyone's voice or suppress important discussions. On the contrary, I firmly believe in the value of open dialogue moving forward, and I am committed to addressing all concerns and feedback constructively.

The reason behind this closure is that the thread has been actively running for close to two weeks. While it has been enlightening in some ways, I feel that it has started to become repetitive, making it challenging to move forward and focus on solutions.

My main goal is to shift our attention toward the future and the necessary steps we must take to make positive changes.

For those who still wish to continue the conversation and contribute to shaping a better direction, I invite you to join us at this link https://www.disboards.com/threads/what-would-you-like-to-see-in-the-new-era.3926448/. There, we can create a more focused and purposeful environment to address the sensitive issues at hand constructively.
Your voices matter, and I am dedicated to ensuring that we find the most effective ways to address concerns.

I appreciate your understanding.

Corey
Gutless and chickenshit.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
The max an individual is allowed to own at a single resort is 4,000, with a maximum of 8,000 total across all resorts. From what I've read, Werner was/is somewhere in the range of 4,000 points total, but that seems to have been a rapidly moving number.

Based on the Hawaii Bureau of Conveyance, Werner has 4 Aulani DVC contracts, all purchased on 12/23/21, for a total of 1,300 points. He financed them all and the total mortgaged amount is $153,110. All were purchased by "Peter R. Werner, a single man".

To place the value in a liquidation context, those contracts are probably worth =/- $110 per point right now, or about $143,000, minus around 8% for broker's fees, so maybe $131,500. He could get out from under the debt reasonably easily, but the kicker is that those numbers mean he must have put down somewhere in the neighborhood of $50 or $60 per point. Aulani was selling at $200 PP in 2021, and the amount financed comes to about $118 PP, or an $80 PP difference. Incentives would have brought that $200 down maybe $30 PP, based on the contract sizes, so the down payment PP must have been in the $50 range, or $65K if my math is correct.
He says he paid $128 per point (after incentives) in the opening of this video. He traveled with his brother and family, Panda and the Si Disney team. He says he had a grand villa as well as a two bedroom, a one bedroom and a studio for a week (plus a hotel room) -- which would likely be more than a year's worth of points. The contracts might be stripped and therefore worth even less on the resale market.

• Wow
Gutless and chickenshit.
They're not going to be able to move forward without taking accountability for the past. His sentiment is on the right track, but they're relying on an audience who have other options, and are at odds with the business practices and ethics. This isn't just an oopsie that can be ignored.

Reactions: 9
Corey, Another thing making it challenging to move forward and focus on solutions is not dealing with the Kathy situation. You could have helped put that fire out 24 hours ago. The whole voices matter and dedicated to addressing concerns routine is interesting considering the earlier deleted threads, and the continued reports from users on that site indicating posts are being deleted. Also when is there a 2 week time limit on threads? There have been some that have lasted for years!

Reactions: 8
Gutless and chickenshit.
I mean, that's how we got here in the first place, right? Gutless John and Chickenshit Corey distancing themselves from Predator Pete instead of confronting him and putting a stop to his exploitative, abusive employment policies?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Everyone seems to agree that John's statements are tone deaf while Corey's statements are a little more sensitive to the situation. I don't think, however, that either of them are not communicating with each other and just throwing statements out there that haven't been bounced off the other. I believe that people have totally blasted John's statements and Corey is now playing the "good cop" role.
I also believe that one of the "crumbs" that Sean has dropped out there is Pete's gambling which hasn't been considered here too extensively.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
He says he paid $128 per point (after incentives) in the opening of this video. He traveled with his brother and family, Panda and the Si Disney team. He says he had a grand villa as well as a two bedroom, a one bedroom and a studio for a week (plus a hotel room) -- which would likely be more than a year's worth of points. The contracts might be stripped and therefore worth even less on the resale market.
I'm not buying that $128 number. Even now, with every possible discount available and stacked, you can get right at $50 per point off Aulani ($217 down to $167), and that includes the value of "free points" they are offering, the Magical Beginnings" program, where you rent your first year's points back to DVC, a developer credit, and a "Dream it Forward" referral credit. I've never seen or heard of an equally large stacking of discounts prior to now. I don't remember what the actual incentives were in December of 2021, but getting $73 off ($201 down to $128) seems to really be a stretch. Of course, Pete would never lie...😜

I wouldn't doubt the contracts are stripped, either from borrowing or rented out, at this point.

Reactions: 3
I'm wondering how long it would take me to get banned for merely calling out the hypocrisy going on here.
I’m about to myself. It’s really bothering me and I know it shouldn’t but I’ve enjoyed the Disboards. I can’t however get behind the censorship and standing behind a webmaster who can get away with anti-semantic remarks without even so much as an apology

Reactions: 6
What is funny about closing that thread is that it basically is right on par with the way the company is run.

After Webmaster KKKathy went off the rails, a rational company would have put out a statement like

"We do not agree with the actions of this individual and measures have been put in place so that that individual will no longer be a moderator on these boards. We appreciate your privacy as this is an interal matter we are working through".

Instead we get threads disappearing and reappearing with edited posts and no mention of the bitchmaster. In their minds we are peons that have no right to know what her status is.

Just like their website, this company is straight out of 1995. They have no idea how modern corporations are run.

With that attitude I give them 7 years before all their current clients are too old to travel and have no use for DUT. The boards will continue to decay by 10% or so each year.

They had a chance here to moderize the company and make it a Disney Lifestyle brand for 2023. Turns out they are happy being a Disney Lifestyle brand for 2000.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Orange County (FL) Comptroller/Recorder (Disney World Resorts):
http://or.occompt.com/recorder/web/

I can find my own DVC loan and payoff info on this site, but if Pete financed, he did not do so through Disney Vacation Development (Disney themselves) or he did not use Pete/Peter Warner as his name.

Yes, I believe he put it all on the Amex.
I found some last night. He bought 4 Riviera contracts on August 17th 2022, all financed at $16400 each. There is a lot more activity but that’s as far as I got.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I found some last night. He bought 4 Riviera contracts on August 17th 2022, all financed at $16400 each. There is a lot more activity but that’s as far as I got.
Werner NOT Warner 🤦‍♀️🤪 Shows how much I've ever paid attention to his majesty.
Thanks for that!

• Haha
They had a chance here to moderize the company and make it a Disney Lifestyle brand for 2023. Turns out they are happy being a Disney Lifestyle brand for 2000.
It wouldn't surprise me if their agents ask what size ticket book their clients would like to purchase.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.