The DIS Unplugged #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And that is Corey admitting his "President" role is a meaningless title. At least he is saying it without needing to spell it out.

Yeah, John is the head of the rot that allowed Pete to do what he did. I never want to see another "insider" say what a great guy John is. He is not.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I'll cut Corey a break for now. He seems to have good intentions, but it feels like he is at a loss as to how much control he really has over the site.

It's been speculated, and I believe WebmasterKathy has some inside connection to the company and is pulling tit to keep her position. There's really no other explanation for them not just being done with her years ago.

I hope she's a goner and Corey redevelops the feel to the Disboards in a positive, open and accepting way for all. It has needed this for a very long time.

Reactions: 13
Excessive shopping
Travel expenses (for himself and others)
DVC contracts
Gambling
Rehab (no idea what that costs)

Any and all of those could easily add up to nearly 900,000 if he’s been honest on the show about what he does.
I like the rehab theory. Would be very expensive and paid for in a short time period. Also incredibly easy for Dreams to prove is a personal expense of Pete.

Reactions: 2
The fact that John has no qualms about letting Corey manage this mess alone is telling. All he would have to say is his opinion, and people would move on from there, good or bad. Clearly he's trying to formulate the right words because his attitude is that he doesn't care about what the audience and clients think. Kathy had carte blanche and we saw how that went, STFU and MYOB.
These are people who are not in business for the right reasons.

Reactions: 10
I'll cut Corey a break for now. He seems to have good intentions, but it feels like he is at a loss as to how much control he really has over the site.

It's been speculated, and I believe WebmasterKathy has some inside connection to the company and is pulling tit to keep her position. There's really no other explanation for them not just being done with her years ago.

I hope she's a goner and Corey redevelops the feel to the Disboards in a positive, open and accepting way for all. It has needed this for a very long time.
I think the whole "John has no ownership interest in The DIS" is complete bullshit. Pete was a co-owner with John of DUT, and The DIS, both the web site, message boards, and YouTube content, is the primary marketing arm of DUT.

Corey is supposedly the "President" of The DIS, yet his "appointment" was made in a statement made by John. If John has nothing to od with the boards, then why is he releasing statements? Also, OKW Lover and KKKlanmaster Kathy are both John/Kevin bootlicking sycophants, and appear untouchable on the forums.

John magi owns The DIS, and Corey works for John Magi. You'll have to convince me otherwise.

Reactions: 21
If you think about it, John is making money off of the traffic on the boards. And, he's got some unexpected bills to pay.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
John is in charge and no one else. That's why Corey won't answer direct questions about KKKathy.

Reactions: 16
⬆ This!! We used a TA on our very first trip (we didn't know better) but every trip since then, I've done everything myself.
I dunno, that onboard credit is pretty nice, especially when you don’t pay any extra than booking yourself. And they fill out all the forms and whatnot for you

I just booked a two bedroom suite and I just needed to email my TA with the ship and dates. I’m lazy, so it’s worth it for me. But you absolutely don’t NEED one, the do have value though

Reactions: 1
"I wish it was that easy, but it wasn't and it's still not."

🤔 Yeah, that "and it's still not" seems pretty interesting.
Very telling indeed. Corey is probably wishing he'd kept... whatever skills he had updated so he could just walk away from this whole dumpster fire. Instead he's stuck playing President Pinocchio to John's Geppeto because he can't support his family on the salary of an entry level graphic designer who takes 4 months to come up with one logo.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I think the whole "John has no ownership interest in The DIS" is complete bullshit. Pete was a co-owner with John of DUT, and The DIS, both the web site, message boards, and YouTube content, is the primary marketing arm of DUT.

Corey is supposedly the "President" of The DIS, yet his "appointment" was made in a statement made by John. If John has nothing to od with the boards, then why is he releasing statements? Also, OKW Lover and KKKlanmaster Kathy are both John/Kevin bootlicking sycophants, and appear untouchable on the forums.

John magi owns The DIS, and Corey works for John Magi. You'll have to convince me otherwise.
100%. And in a business decision that clearly no one ran by an employment attorney or consultant, they used Dreams Unlimited payroll to pay DIS employees (that is when not using PayPal or "bartering" other items like DVC contracts). In terms of the law, these are Dreams employees. The court couldn't care less about whatever bizarre segregation of duties John and Pete came up with. And for those paid via PayPal or other, I'm pretty sure the IRS would like to have a word.

Reactions: 7
What forms are they filling out?
All of the booking documents. They book the cruise and fill out all the info for all guests etc. including passport information. This is handy when you book multiple cruises over the years on different lines

again, I’m lazy and this is a perc that I place value upon. It’s not required

Reactions: 2
John needs to step up his game here or he's going to lose everything, that includes employees.
I think he knows who is clients are and they are not going anywhere, they LOVE him. Of course, their average age is probably on the other side of 55 (nothing wrong with that I am not too far away from that).

He is not going to grow his business with his attitude (and outdated way of doing things), but he probably doesn't care. He probably sees a buyout sometime in the next 3 years so he just needs to weather this and keep what he has. Then he will take the buy out and him, Kevin, Kathy, Jeff and Val can go on all the Alunai trips they want.

Reactions: 10
Still wants his churros and pretzels. It's ok....when people show you who they are - believe them.
Exactly - it's only a matter of time before he gives up and leans into his fate as Klanmaster KKKorey.

And now someone has started a thread saying they should name the new studio after Dustin and give him a free WDW vacation. Good thing it's not toxic over there.

I think he knows who is clients are and they are not going anywhere, they LOVE him. Of course, their average age is probably on the other side of 55 (nothing wrong with that I am not too far away from that).

He is not going to grow his business with his attitude (and outdated way of doing things), but he probably doesn't care. He probably sees a buyout sometime in the next 3 years so he just needs to weather this and keep what he has. Then he will take the buy out and him, Kevin, Kathy, Jeff and Val can go on all the Alunai trips they want.
I'm sure that's why he ignored Pete's escalating behavior - hoping to ride it out long enough to retire before it imploded. Karma's a witch sometimes.

Reactions: 6
"I wish it was that easy, but it wasn't and it's still not."

🤔 Yeah, that "and it's still not" seems pretty interesting.
Yup. That's why I said what I said yesterday, until I learn otherwise.

I get the feeling Corey wants earnestly to change the culture of DIS (timeline of logo development aside bc, again, we don't know if he was showing stuff to Pete and Pete was telling him it was tit and to go back to the drawing board) ...BUT I'm fairly certain (and his comment affirms this for me - again, until I learn otherwise) that right now, he's pretty much walking on eggshells trying to deal with all of these competing personalities, when coupled with the purse strings being held by yet another jackass = John who "employs" in any capacity his besties (e.g., Kathy) who just further duck things up.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.