The DIS Unplugged #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Time shares have deeds in Orange County Florida . You can look up what he owns (or is still paying off as mortgages are listed as well). I certainly don't see $800k worth of DVC under his name (or Dreams Unlimited Travel)...
The max an individual is allowed to own at a single resort is 4,000, with a maximum of 8,000 total across all resorts. From what I've read, Werner was/is somewhere in the range of 4,000 points total, but that seems to have been a rapidly moving number.

Based on the Hawaii Bureau of Conveyance, Werner has 4 Aulani DVC contracts, all purchased on 12/23/21, for a total of 1,300 points. He financed them all and the total mortgaged amount is $153,110. All were purchased by "Peter R. Werner, a single man".

To place the value in a liquidation context, those contracts are probably worth =/- $110 per point right now, or about $143,000, minus around 8% for broker's fees, so maybe $131,500. He could get out from under the debt reasonably easily, but the kicker is that those numbers mean he must have put down somewhere in the neighborhood of $50 or $60 per point. Aulani was selling at $200 PP in 2021, and the amount financed comes to about $118 PP, or an $80 PP difference. Incentives would have brought that $200 down maybe $30 PP, based on the contract sizes, so the down payment PP must have been in the $50 range, or $65K if my math is correct.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Last I checked, property taxes were all paid up, probably because Walter made sure they got paid. Remember, the house was solely in Walter's name until Pete got quitclaimed onto the deed in 2021.
I'm not surprised, but it still blows my mind that he has never been able to accomplish anything on his own. He has given so many rants about the treatment of Disney employees, so he knows the value of hard work and being self sufficient. Even if he never applied that philosophy to himself, he still knows. I can't imagine the mental distress he's causing for those closest to him. The weight that that man is putting on all of these people is unforgivable. No amount of money, or class, would justify me doing that to a stranger let alone anyone that I was close to.

Reactions: 7
I also wonder with all these hosted vloggers if they all report the value of their “free” trips on their taxes as income. The hosts of these trips must give them a 1099 for the value of the trip/experience to my knowledge. Gifting a “free” trip to an employee and not counting that as income could get you in deep tit as well. If you were audited.

I won a tv once and the company wanted my tax info because it was considered income. I declined the tv because I wasn’t giving my personal info out for that.
Funny story. When I turned 50, I was given a Rolex by my firm to celebrate the occasion. First time it had been done, and was done without any research. About a week later, our comptroller comes up to me with the bad news: I will owe income tax on the watch, $3,250 in tax to be exact.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Funny story. When I turned 50, I was given a Rolex by my firm to celebrate the occasion. First time it had been done, and was done without any research. About a week later, our comptroller comes up to me with the bad news: I will owe income tax on the watch, $3,250 in tax to be exact.
I know I just gave the Oprah example but your story (though not as high, dollar-wise) also reminded me of the time I won "employee of the month" in the county here in Central Fla that I worked for at the time. (this in the early- to mid-2000s)

I got a $100 gift card as the month's award recipient and the county taxed my paycheck like $15 or so bc of it (cuz it was considered cash-equivalent wages or something like that) on top of whatever other taxes were taken out normally.

I know it's not much but I was like, WTF... I didn't ask to win and it's nice and all, but you couldn't even cover the lousy small amount of tax on the gift card?! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Yep. People don't seem to realize that. It's like that time Oprah gave everyone in her audience "free" cars (Pontiacs valued at $28-30K value, if I recall) and then people realized they had to pay upwards of $5,000-6,000 in taxes on it, and some took out car loans to pay for the tax, or sold it, or were on the hook for the taxes that they probably couldn't afford to begin with.
I remember reading that the second time she gave away cars, they did pay the taxes because they learned their lesson of the first time you mentioned! Yes, maybe a little off thread topic, LOL! But this goes to all the extras that Vloggers/Streamers make such as through Patreon/Superchats need to be reported as income. For instance with Ryno's recent live streams, all of the superchats need to be declared on taxes.

Reactions: 8
I remember reading that the second time she gave away cars, they did pay the taxes because they learned their lesson of the first time you mentioned! Yes, maybe a little off thread topic, LOL! But this goes to all the extras that Vloggers/Streamers make such as through Patreon/Superchats need to be reported as income. For instance with Ryno's recent live streams, all of the superchats need to be declared on taxes.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he take superchats during the latest live where he talked tit about us here on Tattle and was giving his thoughts / views on this whole situation? Not gonna lie, I didn't care for that. I think he should have turned them off. (that is, if I'm remembering correctly).

Reactions: 10
Excessive shopping
Travel expenses (for himself and others)
DVC contracts
Gambling
Rehab (no idea what that costs)

Any and all of those could easily add up to nearly 900,000 if he’s been honest on the show about what he does.

Reactions: 5
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he take superchats during the latest live where he talked tit about us here on Tattle and was giving his thoughts / views on this whole situation? Not gonna lie, I didn't care for that. I think he should have turned them off. (that is, if I'm remembering correctly).
Yes he did receive superchats! I didn't understand the hate he had for Tattle. I understand his position of the person that was hating on him, but a majority of the posters on here were not and may have been critical of him on certain points, but it wasn't a crazy amount.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The max an individual is allowed to own at a single resort is 4,000, with a maximum of 8,000 total across all resorts. From what I've read, Werner was/is somewhere in the range of 4,000 points total, but that seems to have been a rapidly moving number.

Based on the Hawaii Bureau of Conveyance, Werner has 4 Aulani DVC contracts, all purchased on 12/23/21, for a total of 1,300 points. He financed them all and the total mortgaged amount is $153,110. All were purchased by "Peter R. Werner, a single man".

To place the value in a liquidation context, those contracts are probably worth =/- $110 per point right now, or about $143,000, minus around 8% for broker's fees, so maybe $131,500. He could get out from under the debt reasonably easily, but the kicker is that those numbers mean he must have put down somewhere in the neighborhood of $50 or $60 per point. Aulani was selling at $200 PP in 2021, and the amount financed comes to about $118 PP, or an $80 PP difference. Incentives would have brought that $200 down maybe $30 PP, based on the contract sizes, so the down payment PP must have been in the $50 range, or $65K if my math is correct.
Why would he have bought that much direct from Disney?

On prior DVC shows when he was talking about owning so many points, he would mention that he would use some of them for the business - Room Reviews; Using them to house employees to cover events etc., using them as "perks/bonuses. (Some companies have season tickets to baseball games that they give out to employees during the year, Pete apparently had DVC stays)

So it seems at the very least there was some blurring of the lines on how Pete was viewing these.

Reactions: 4
Emotions Running High is back.

They need to make up their damned minds.

Reactions: 8
What should happen is that they should just create a Dreams Unlimited Travel board. Moderate that board just like it was before and let her run it. That way all the people that want to stick their heads in the sand and worship at the altar of John and Kevin can have at it.

Then, create a new board. Maybe like "Freeflow Disney". Where all topics about Disney (including talking about the podcasts) are allowed. This board would have very little moderation and could be in whatever Corey's vision in.

This way John gets to coddle all his friends (judging by the traffic of that board before this broke maybe 50 posters) while Corey can do his own thing and maybe actually make money for that sub-forum.

Or course this will never happen since it makes too much sense, but that would be a REAL compromise and promote REAL change.
I really, really like this idea. I was thinking along the same lines, but I like your idea more.

I thought it might show enormous good faith in their business clientele and the Disney community at large if they created a board of trustees that is comprised of ordinary people (like us) that frequently use their services. In the same way that studios use test audiences.

I'm not proposing the board/committee would have any real power, but it would allow John/Kevin/Corey to truly hear what is being said from real people, real faces, and yes, even real names. I would not have any problem doxing myself in that situation, because I also think it's only fair that we are transparent, when we are asking them to be transparent.

I believe, and it would make more sense, if that was $60K/month was before paying employees and expenses such as:
  • The average techie will make around $5-6k/month (adjusted for Florida). There were at least 2.
  • A staff of creators, no clue what they make, but guesstimate would be closer to $2-3K/month.
  • Add in benefits (if offered)
  • Add in travel.
  • Add in passes.
  • Add in tech equipment and services.
  • Add in rent on the studio... back to Pete of course, we know he wasn't offering it for free.
But this is 60k a month for the Disboards only. Not the podcast or YouTube vlogs. Just for Adsense.

Missing threads are back and posts are deleted from within them. Cool tit, John. KlanmasterKathy is going nowhere.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
As an aside, despite Ryno bashing here unfairly and the super chat thing, if he (and Craig etc) left the DIS and started their own thing on Youtube- would definitely sub. I like them both and I enjoy them in videos together, especially when they're just having a good time.

When Deni left, I started following her on Insta. It's not the DIS so much that I like, more a few of the staff.

Although I'm sorry Erica makes me grind my teeth. When she talks its like she's not fully opening her mouth and I've never been able to put it to the back of my mind. It's all I can focus on. She seems sweet and nice but I can't listen to her talk.

Reactions: 19
I'm wondering how long it would take me to get banned for merely calling out the hypocrisy going on here.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.