The DIS Unplugged #11 We're still exactly the same. Maybe worse, actually

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was cleaning out a drawer and found this from when we did a Trip episode on Capone’s. Thought everyone could use a laugh. This one’s on me. ☺View attachment 2851341
Me and my husband randomly go to Capones like three times a year. It’s so messy and fun.
I was a waitress there named Moxie. Possibly the best job I ever had, and I say that even though I love the job I have now more than words can say.

They fucked up on the dimensions: it fits his scooter, but not his ego.
Plus John appears to blind in one eye now, so maybe he can't drive to the new studio. It's ironic, considering how many years he spent turning a blind eye to Pete's behavior. Karma's a witch.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Today on Patreon they announced they are piloting pre-recording the "live" shows and then will post them live on YouTube where users can chat with them.

I have thoughts about that. First of all, because Craig never has had non-sarcastic things to say to people. Also, the news will be outdated.

And no mention of John AT ALL since they have been in their studio for the last month or so.

Reactions: 4
Today on Patreon they announced they are piloting pre-recording the "live" shows and then will post them live on YouTube where users can chat with them.

I have thoughts about that. First of all, because Craig never has had non-sarcastic things to say to people. Also, the news will be outdated.

And no mention of John AT ALL since they have been in their studio for the last month or so.
They mentioned that idea a few weeks back as well. Live show for patrons then a scheduled YouTube premiere with live chat. The way they framed it at the time was that doing it this way would allow them to go back and add footage to support any unexpected tangents they went down in the live show and also that they'd all be in the live chat when the video premiered and that would let them all interact whereas in the live show they're focused on the tech and keeping the conversation moving vs. responding to the chat. I had the impression that there wouldn't be more than a day between the live show and the premiere with live chat so I don't know that the news will be terribly outdated. Now these were their ideas ... TBD on if/how they actually execute.

I'm curious - what else do they offer on Patreon other than the after show? I wonder if the "after show" will continue given the regular show will now be Patreon only in the livestream.

I think we can agree that over the last 9 months, Craig, Ryno and "the team" have not earned the benefit of the doubt, and in fact the laziest explanation is probably the correct explanation.

I mean who watches that show and says "This show would be so much better if we had some B-Roll footage to go along with these tangents".

This is what they decided is the most pressing issue with the show???

I think its safe to say they just want to record the show when its convenient and easier for them, and if its stale by Tuesday, oh well. Also I wouldn't be surprised if they start treating it like some of the other old content, like the DVC and DCL shows where they would record a bunch of content at once and use it over the course of a month.

You have to assume the lowest/laziest common denominator with Craig and Ryno.

Reactions: 7
I think its safe to say they just want to record the show when its convenient and easier for them, and if its stale by Tuesday, oh well. Also I wouldn't be surprised if they start treating it like some of the other old content, like the DVC and DCL shows where they would record a bunch of content at once and use it over the course of a month.
Back in the day, at least someone had the good sense to make the shows they recorded later in the session (the ones that would air last, 3 or 4 weeks later) about less timely subjects, rather than current events. Even then though, you'd consistently have one of the larger presences in the DVC YouTube space completely missing significant news items/announcements/etc. This will be an abject failure.

Reactions: 3
So that’s all they have to offer patreons now. A crappy show earlier than the free show on YouTube?!? Unbelievable 😂🤣

• Haha
Compare the professionally produced, engaging videos from the past, featuring robust discussions and a general excitement about Disney resorts and hotels, to the current content where it's often just three people talking in tangents about Disney and even then you’re lucky if they say on a topic. I will give credit to Alf being better than Ericka.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I will give credit to Alf being better than Ericka.
At least Alf's dietary predilections were clearly defined. With Erika, you couldn't tell from week to week what she was allergic to, or whether she was vegan, vegetarian, or pescatarian (except maybe shellfish?). I think she also dabbled in the chicken arena as well occasionally. Then, she'd order something and have the kitchen completely alter it with substitutions, deletions, etc., leaving what she "reviewed" not even remotely similar to what was listed on the menu.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
At least Alf's dietary predilections were clearly defined. With Erika, you couldn't tell from week to week what she was allergic to, or whether she was vegan, vegetarian, or pescatarian (except maybe shellfish?). I think she also dabbled in the chicken arena as well occasionally. Then, she'd order something and have the kitchen completely alter it with substitutions, deletions, etc., leaving what she "reviewed" not even remotely similar to what was listed on the menu.
Does Alf qualify for a DAS pass?

• Haha
Can anyone decipher from the records where Pete stands with his DVC contracts? I noticed a number were transferred to others (sold I presumed) but more recently they have been foreclosed. From what you can tell, Does he have any points left?

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Can anyone decipher from the records where Pete stands with his DVC contracts? I noticed a number were transferred to others (sold I presumed) but more recently they have been foreclosed. From what you can tell, Does he have any points left?
I can't imagine he has any left. As he was so fond of saying Monera will essentially give a loan to anyone with very little money down and that's what he presumably did. At this point I don't think he could afford the payments and dues. I love this for him. I bet he couldn't even swing a night at Pop Century these days (not that there's anything wrong with Pop but I'm sure he thought it was beneath him).

Reactions: 12
Visiting the Hawaii Bureau of Conveyances, it doesn’t look like any of his Aulani contracts have been sold or foreclosed on yet.

As far as Florida goes, it looks like he was able to sell three or four contracts in around September of last year, and surrendered the same number through deeds in lieu of foreclosure in February of this year. Looks like he’s completely out in Florida.

Reactions: 9