The DIS Unplugged #11 We're still exactly the same. Maybe worse, actually

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'd hope so. He also has that pesky $900K debt on a Dreams AmEx. I don't think anyone would argue it's Pete who should have to repay it but legally speaking I think AmEx has a good argument that Dreams is liable. But in terms of content, I'd imagine they all already have annual passes so they could do "regular" park content that doesn't involve purchasing anything extra. I'll be interested to see whether he sends any of them out to cover D23.
@xoxo552, interestingly enough, at the last D23 Expo two years ago, Craig and Ryno were there on their own dime and did not post any D23 content to the DIS or to the DIS Unplugged. I shall be quite surprised if John foots the bill this year, especially since D23 is even more expensive and the new DIS Unlimited does not appear to have Unlimited funds or viewers! 😜 Stay tuned!🍿

Reactions: 8
@xoxo552, interestingly enough, at the last D23 Expo two years ago, Craig and Ryno were there on their own dime and did not post any D23 content to the DIS or to the DIS Unplugged. I shall be quite surprised if John foots the bill this year, especially since D23 is even more expensive and the new DIS Unlimited does not appear to have Unlimited funds or viewers! 😜 Stay tuned!🍿
just like they went to the race poster no content since John didn’t pay but used his platform to talk about it for the show lol

Reactions: 2
Craig's latest post - not sure what is stopping them from sitting back and evaluating the current offering, but ok. I do think there's been improvement with Hannah and recording together.

I think we can get back to what you're describing in your second paragraph as we add personalities and we develop stronger bonds as a team and can sit back and be honest about whether or not we're putting out a good product. I think we've hit a good stride with dining reviews and we are close to finding the perfect recipe.

Most "Tuesday" shows have felt better since being together in the same room and if we could add in someone like Deni/Steve who is lovably nerdy and wears their passion on their sleeve then it would be an entirely different dynamic and moving in the right direction. I'd love to have that new voice in before we hit Memorial Day so hopefully the search will be a lot faster than the studio took or the seven years Cousin Eddie was holding out for a management position.

The "second paragraph" referenced:
It's really about finding the mix of information while keeping it engaging and entertaining - and I can't stress that second part enough. The best way to do it IMO is not to create forced personas, but just to keep the overall vibe loose, encourage healthy debate...and not move to a more serious news format.

Reactions: 1
The problem I see with the current weekly show is it is not sure what it is or who it is trying to appeal to.

The old show appealed to the now 55+ retired crowd that wanted to hear Pete/John/Kevin's take on the parks, cruises and what other trips they should be looking into booking. Dreams Unlimited was there to fill that booking niche. Pete hooked a lot of these people 20 years ago when they had young kids. Now those same people are looking to retire. By the nature of the cast changes, Pete chose to never appeal to a younger demographic to get younger folks interested in the brand. Pete wanted boy-toys around instead of staffing with people with young families. That is fine for Pete/John since they are looking to cash-in on what they built, but it didn't leave anything once Pete (and Dreams Unlimited) was outed for what the company really is about.

Craig/Ryno/Hannah/whoever else will never appeal to the older demographic, they are too young and cannot relate to what the older demographic is looking for. Most people Craig's age would never think of booking a trip with a travel agent and booking a cruise like Pete or John would take is out of their price range and probably out of their interest level.

So, what should the show be, is it supposed to bring in John and the old cast to try and relive the "glory days" to appease the Dreams Unlimited customers? I don't see how they could possibly appeal to both bases.

The rebrand should have be a total rebrand with John divesting Dreams Unlimited from the Youtube channel and letting them do whatever they want. Then Craig / Corey would have shown how creatively stifled they have been (or not). John / Kevin could then host a monthly show that appeals to the older demographic by talking about Celebrity cruises and the best shopping stops at each port.

The old show is never coming back, and it shouldn't with Craig/Ryno/Hannah or any other combination they can come up with. How many people Craig's age would watch a weekly YouTube show live? The format is dated and needs to be put to rest. Reading between the lines it seems like that is what Craig wants to do, but of course, there are "reasons" (John Magi) that he can't. John is stuck in 2005 and won't let the show move on. Craig is at fault for sitting back and letting this happen. So instead, Craig tries to combine the two and you get the snorefest that is being put out there.

Reactions: 10
craig and especially ryno were always so mean to steve porter for no reason, i hope he doesn’t come back to this dumpster fire

• Heart
Reactions: 6
craig and especially ryno were always so mean to steve porter for no reason, i hope he doesn’t come back to this dumpster fire
Steve was too good for his own benefit. He didn't want to ruffle feathers everyone made fun of him and when the boss at the time was the lead one doing the damage those under him followed suit.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I think Steve is frequently in the live chat on the Tuesday show so he must not be holding a grudge. I'm not sure if his wife is still a Dreams agent?

Reactions: 6
There are obviously lurkers from The DIS on here, who do we reckon? I'm guessing Craig for one. Any others?

I would say Ryno but he's probably too busy writing his essay.
I've been trying to find Ryno's 'essay' comment (was it on the DIS Boards or on a show?) but all of his posts on the DIS forums from Feb 3, 2020 to Sep 23, 2023 have been deleted. A bit like Corey's 'My Personal Statement' from last August, which has also vanished. But that did include some incriminating stuff like "I have witnessed and verbally disagreed with many things that I found concerning. I deeply regret not taking more action at that time and I want to acknowledge that this is a crucial moment for us to address these issues head-on". One wonders what concerning things he saw but didn't act on. But that whole post has been erased. So much for his 'transparency will be essential' announcement back then. Everything has now been brushed under the carpet.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I've been trying to find Ryno's 'essay' comment (was it on the DIS Boards or on a show?) but all of his posts on the DIS forums from Feb 3, 2020 to Sep 23, 2023 have been deleted. A bit like Corey's 'My Personal Statement' from last August, which has also vanished. But that did include some incriminating stuff like "I have witnessed and verbally disagreed with many things that I found concerning. I deeply regret not taking more action at that time and I want to acknowledge that this is a crucial moment for us to address these issues head-on". One wonders what concerning things he saw but didn't act on. But that whole post has been erased. So much for his 'transparency will be essential' announcement back then. Everything has now been brushed under the carpet.
I think Ryno's essay comment was on a thread he started, then ignored, so Corey deleted it.

Anyone else checked out Ryno's Ampliverse? It includes essays but alas not about Pete. 'The Ampliverse will serve as a safe space and haven where individuals can express and revel in their fandoms without the toxicity of exclusivity.' Sounds cool! https://theampliverse.com/about

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 3
That's interesting and disappointing but not especially surprising given... everything. I'm pretty sure Craig had a post with his "statement" too.

Derp - didn't realize you noted that all Ryno's posts were deleted. I'm pretty sure Corey acknowledged doing that when he deleted that thread Ryno started then ignored.
That's interesting and disappointing but not especially surprising given... everything. I'm pretty sure Craig had a post with his "statement" too.
Craig definitely had a thread, too. Curious as to what prompted the removal of all of their statements. I also can't find either Corey or Julie's FB and IG accounts, and I'm pretty sure I was a friend/follower of both last time I checked.

• Wow
Ryno's 1st vlog last year after it all went down - 3 times its mentioned....

7:10
you know and I will keep saying it uh but yeah I honestly I should have
7:16
written out all this stuff here's the thing I am working on a like essay
7:21
um to collect my thoughts about everything um and um about the entire situation and
7:27
obviously you know that I'm not I am not a I am not an influencer I am not

21:23
I don't know how to back this up and tell this story too because it's like I'm gonna include this in the essay

42:10
I don't want to I don't want to be on that level as them you know but I am going to lay it out pretty freaking
42:15
crystal clear in that essay I'm gonna write though so and I got my receipts
===============================================================
Maybe at the time he thought the DU/DIS was going to be out of business/sold/whatever so he was feeling almost free to discuss. The business stayed (how I don't know) so then he decided against it? 🤷‍♀️

Again, I do not wish any ill will against them but seriously they need to be thinking about moving on.

Reactions: 4
I am so beyond disappointed with them. It really feels right now how something was once the premier outlet is now so mediocre and lackluster. It reminds me of AOL. Once the ultimate Internet way, but it failed to adapt with the times and it’s now a relic.

I would like to see how many people go to their events now they don’t seem very welcoming or inviting like what exactly are you doing new that wasn’t happening under Pete? I thought they would restart the Disney meet up or engage with their fans more it’s a lazy product with lazy people. I think Craig has a lot of potential he just needs direction and guidance.

Derp - didn't realize you noted that all Ryno's posts were deleted. I'm pretty sure Corey acknowledged doing that when he deleted that thread Ryno started then ignored.

Craig definitely had a thread, too. Curious as to what prompted the removal of all of their statements. I also can't find either Corey or Julie's FB and IG accounts, and I'm pretty sure I was a friend/follower of both last time I checked.
I don’t remember Julie’s insta name, but Corey was OrlandoTiger and it’s not there anymore. I hadn’t noticed until you mentioned it. 😏