The DIS Unplugged #11 We're still exactly the same. Maybe worse, actually

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It is quite pronounced isn't it? Compared to two years ago here:

and now, it does appear he has had some kind of medical issue:

Wow, that's bad. I'm surprised he hasn't addressed it. His eye makes Tim Trackers' look normal.
Not a John apologist, but I feel bad for him.

Reactions: 3
I know the Travel shows can be recorded in bulk, but it seems kind of crazy that John is investing time and energy into the Dreams Unlimited Travel Channel, and appears to be completely content to sit by and watch Craig and Ryno sink the Tuesday Dis show straight to the bottom of the Seven Seas Lagoon.

Instead of putting out multiple mediocre products, maybe just concentrate your efforts into producing one good show.

Its been crazy to watch just how lost they all are without Pete. Its also kind of pathetic and sad.

Reactions: 10
Over / under on how long this post from disboards lasts before Corey deletes it? I give it until around 11 AM EST.

Yes, thats exactly what is being suggested. You can see it and hear it in every studio show, dining review, etc. Pete was the glue of the show and him being gone has exposed the flaws of the others. Add to that nobody wants to rock the boat with John Magi and lose a paycheck. Never mind that John would sell each and every one of them out to rid himself of the boat anchor that DUT has become for him due to all of them ignoring Pete’s behavior for years.

Just put the show down now peacefully and save John a few more dollars so Kevin can have a new purse for their next Adventures by Disney trip and let everyone move on with their life. Maybe Ryno will finally have time to write his essay then.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Over / under on how long this post from disboards lasts before Corey deletes it? I give it until around 11 AM EST.
Whoever posted that will likely get a ban, but good on them. Dissent is not tolerated in the slightest. The 'wonderful' Jackie Gailey (wears a crucifix but enabled Pete) gave me a lifetime ban on the boards because I criticized Kevin's incredible snobbishness on one show in 2021 when he whined that only Deluxe hotel guests should get any perks. I got an email lecture from her about it being a 'major personal attack'. I pointed out to her how many times Pete had severely criticized Disney employees on the show - the boat captain who he encouraged viewers to harass, the 'witch' at reception at the Grand Floridian amongst others but that was ok, it was his freedom of speech and all that. They will criticize others very freely but won't take any themselves.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Whoever posted that will likely get a ban, but good on them. Dissent is not tolerated in the slightest. The 'wonderful' Jackie Gailey (wears a crucifix but enabled Pete) gave me a lifetime ban on the boards because I criticized Kevin's incredible snobbishness on one show in 2021 when he whined that only Deluxe hotel guests should get any perks. I got an email lecture from her about it being a 'major personal attack'. I pointed out to her how many times Pete had severely criticized Disney employees on the show - the boat captain who he encouraged viewers to harass, the 'witch' at reception at the Grand Floridian amongst others but that was ok, it was his freedom of speech and all that. They will criticize others very freely but won't take any themselves.
Be easy on Jackie she was most likely wound up because she ate something with black pepper in it, which is like a habanero for her and she lost control of her faculties.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
No live video about the new DCL cruise? What kind of amateur hour podcast is this? Fire them John.

So, Erica works at Starbucks in Hollywood Studios now? Saw her today. Hopefully she's happier there 😅

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Should've clarified. She wasn't necessarily working inside Starbucks. She was the person at the entrance of Starbucks that was telling people there are two lines to choose from. So, is that worse? 😅

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
It’s likely pretty easy to pick up a shift like that. Nothing wrong with an honest day’s work and I’m sure it pays better than the DIS!

Reactions: 14
Should've clarified. She wasn't necessarily working inside Starbucks. She was the person at the entrance of Starbucks that was telling people there are two lines to choose from. So, is that worse? 😅
At least 1000x more helpful about Disney than any of John's team of feckless grunts.

Reactions: 10
It’s likely pretty easy to pick up a shift like that. Nothing wrong with an honest day’s work and I’m sure it pays better than the DIS!
absolutely this girl is working way harder than they are with pointing the endless crowds in the right direction good for her

Reactions: 6
absolutely this girl is working way harder than they are with pointing the endless crowds in the right direction good for her
I think she had an illness or injury that was stopping her from doing character stuff, so will be doing cast member jobs until she is ready to go full Mickey.

An interesting and honest post from Craig yesterday about some of the criticism they've been getting on the Disboards recently about the Tuesday show. Say what you will about Craig, unlike Corey & others he never responds in a prickly way & really seems to take on board what people are saying and admits his own failings:

80sTerraceCafeFan said:
I don't think it's very fair to say the group isn't passionate about Disney. Ok maybe John doesn't exactly exude passion, but the podcast crew seems to have dedicated their lives around it, so I don't think that's the issue.

Facing facts, Pete was a very unique talent and that hole is yet to be filled. They should have recognized this earlier (as many on the boards did) and made changes. Moving Ryno to host and bringing in Hannah were small wins - but there is still some work to be done IMO.
We are all passionate in our ways and I think for some of us, it doesn't show as well. The parks, movies, music, etc are not just my job but also my passion and hobbies. I also, unfortunately, have an extremely dry presence and flat affect which does play off like I hate everything about Disney.

Ryno fully admits that while he loves Disney/Star Wars/Marvel, he tries to stay in a mindset of "this isn't my hobby, this is my work" and I think his enthusiasm can be lacking at times because of that, but it shines when he surrounds himself with others who bring the enthusiasm out of him.

That "work" mindset was a benefit for us in the past. It was a wall to keep work lives from impeding our social lives, which many other former employees couldn't keep separated or chose not to keep separate. That is good and all, but the wall has an impact that becomes glaring when YouTubers/podcasters/hobbyists continue to start up every day and exude more passion and enthusiasm.

As for recognizing needing a big personality earlier, we did. I first started approaching our former employer about this over the pandemic. Our most productive period was from 2016 - 2020 and I believe that's because we had a great group of people making a lot of content and we all brought something different to the table. The flagship show was anchored by one big personality, but the rest of the content which was just as popular and sometimes even more, was filled out by the rest of us.

When I first saw signs of leveling off for multiple reasons, the first thing I suggested was bringing in a new personality that could carry the ship. Our former employer didn't agree and thought the team he assembled had more than enough personality and if he liked us then the people watching and listening would too. Also, he was still there as the anchor so why would we need two big personalities?

I'm not saying that to slight anyone who currently works with us or has come and gone. I think most of us would admit that we were always strongest as a team rather than one person carrying the load. As an ensemble, I think we all play an important part. That being said, you also can't underestimate the importance of someone who has the "it" factor and if you can't find that person then you have to stack the cast even bigger to make up for it and change it from supporting players to a true ensemble.

I'm not sure if we'll ever find a person with the "it" factor because if they have "it" then they are probably doing their own thing very successfully and don't need to look for a position on our team. I think there's one prime example of this from the past couple of years that makes me believe it will be hard to find an "it" person who doesn't want to own their own business. On the opposite spectrum, they might be doing it as a hobby and have a full-time job they'd prefer to keep.

We are in the process of adding to our team which will take time, but if we even find a couple more people with outspoken personalities like Hannah, I think we'll have a very good group that can balance each other out and doesn't need to rely on "the one voice."

TLDR; I think we'll be more beneficial as a company by finding the right ensemble of enthusiastic people versus filling a void.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Isn't it ironic that the person who finds it too stressful to be in a line is directing and advising people regarding lines?

• Haha
In reference to Craig's statement TLDR: The title of this thread sums up what The Dis will continue to be

An interesting and honest post from Craig yesterday about some of the criticism they've been getting on the Disboards recently about the Tuesday show. Say what you will about Craig, unlike Corey & others he never responds in a prickly way & really seems to take on board what people are saying and admits his own failings:

".... I'm not sure if we'll ever find a person with the "it" factor because if they have "it" then they are probably doing their own thing very successfully and don't need to look for a position on our team. I think there's one prime example of this from the past couple of years that makes me believe it will be hard to find an "it" person who doesn't want to own their own business. On the opposite spectrum, they might be doing it as a hobby and have a full-time job they'd prefer to keep.

We are in the process of adding to our team which will take time, but if we even find a couple more people with outspoken personalities like Hannah, I think we'll have a very good group that can balance each other out and doesn't need to rely on "the one voice."

TLDR; I think we'll be more beneficial as a company by finding the right ensemble of enthusiastic people versus filling a void."
I wonder who he's talking about with the bolded sentence? JL? Deni? Panda? Anyway, do agree with you @Rufuscat that Craig can see and admit issues (though he does (perhaps unintentionally) come across as prickly sometimes -- perhaps due to the sarcasm and dry affect he mentions). So I guess the takeaway from this is they're still looking for more people to join the team (2?) but not specifically for an anchor/host? My first question is can the business sustain two more salaries right now?? My second is, it's already been almost 8 months since the previous supervisor left ... how much more time are we talking? And is an audience going to stick around for that?

Dissent is not tolerated in the slightest. The 'wonderful' Jackie Gailey (wears a crucifix but enabled Pete) gave me a lifetime ban on the boards because I criticized Kevin's incredible snobbishness on one show in 2021 when he whined that only Deluxe hotel guests should get any perks. I got an email lecture from her about it being a 'major personal attack'. I pointed out to her how many times Pete had severely criticized Disney employees on the show - the boat captain who he encouraged viewers to harass, the 'witch' at reception at the Grand Floridian amongst others but that was ok, it was his freedom of speech and all that. They will criticize others very freely but won't take any themselves.
I was sent this screenshot and asked to clarify that it was Webmaster Kathy that instituted this ban. I can’t speak to any emails because I wasn’t given information about that. If I’m given any further info that helps, I’ll definitely let you guys know.
Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 6.13.16 PM.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 4