The DIS Unplugged #11 We're still exactly the same. Maybe worse, actually

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And like always, OKW Lover needs to chime in his unwavering support.

Sounds like a well reasoned strategy for moving forward. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Gee, thanks dad...

I have no idea why buy something about him just makes me mad everytime I see one of his posts. It is probably because he is the epitome of the protected class on that board.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I was sent this screenshot and asked to clarify that it was Webmaster Kathy that instituted this ban. I can’t speak to any emails because I wasn’t given information about that. If I’m given any further info that helps, I’ll definitely let you guys know.View attachment 2828722

Why play their go between and run their public relations? If @Rufuscat says he got an email from Jackie and that impacted their getting banned I am inclined to believe them. We know they discuss things between mods.

If the boards want to start a discourse or allow you to appeal a ban, they can start a thread! Oh ooops, Corey doesn’t allow that.

If Jackie thinks she is getting unfairly blamed, make a freaking statement, clarify your position!

You relying selective info for whoever your source is, just feeds the problem.

If Jackie and other mods want to stay and protect the system that lacks transparency, then deal with the fact when you aren’t transparent, the public is not going to be able to get it 100% correct.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Why play their go between and run their public relations? If @Rufuscat says he got an email from Jackie and that impacted their getting banned I am inclined to believe them. We know they discuss things between mods.

If the boards want to start a discourse or allow you to appeal a ban, they can start a thread! Oh ooops, Corey doesn’t allow that.

If Jackie thinks she is getting unfairly blamed, make a freaking statement, clarify your position!

If Jackie and other mods want to stay and protect the system that lacks transparency, then deal with the fact when you aren’t transparent, the public is not going to be able to get it 100% correct.
I had to chuckle a bit at this because I never imagined anyone would consider me being their PR agent. They certainly wouldn’t.

As much as I care for some of these people, I am not rooting for anything attached to John Magi. And I do not support any of them extending the life of The Dis or Dreams. My opinion is that those businesses should be dismantled, and I have spoken that plainly to those that I still keep in touch with. They know that I do not support them being there.

Also, I’ll clarify that I am not attacking @Rufuscat. That poster, in particular, has been very supportive of me and is one of my favorites. I posted what I did for his/her/their clarification. I was given evidence that the ban was put in place by Webmaster Kathy. If I were @Rufuscat, I would want to know that. Notice that I said that I could not speak to the issue of an email. That is because I was not about to accuse @Rufuscat of lying. If they say they got an email from Jackie, I don’t have a reason to doubt that and didn’t offer one.

You have come for me a couple times on this board. For whatever reason, you react very strongly to things I *haven't* said. It might serve you better to take a breath when you see my name and make sure you aren’t reading into things more than is there.

Or don’t. I'm not too bothered one way or the other. I will continue to keep bringing things to light to help everyone understand what *actually* has happened or does happen over there so that y'all don't have to speculate as much. My understanding is that the people here have wanted to know the truth. I've been uncomfortably transparent with everyone on this board for that reason. My point being, you can keep trying to look for the moments to shame me, but I think I have already expressed my own shame in being a part of The Dis for the time that I was, and I would imagine you have better things to do with your time.
---
I wonder who he's talking about with the bolded sentence? JL? Deni? Panda? Anyway, do agree with you @Rufuscat that Craig can see and admit issues (though he does (perhaps unintentionally) come across as prickly sometimes -- perhaps due to the sarcasm and dry affect he mentions). So I guess the takeaway from this is they're still looking for more people to join the team (2?) but not specifically for an anchor/host? My first question is can the business sustain two more salaries right now?? My second is, it's already been almost 8 months since the previous supervisor left ... how much more time are we talking? And is an audience going to stick around for that?
If I were to hazard a guess, it would be Deni. I don't think it is me since I work for a company and not myself.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

I had no contact from Kathy, but when I emailed the moderators it was Jackie who responded with a terse 'we don't tolerate personal attacks, you're banned for life', but since learning about what was going on behind the scenes I don't think anyone in the know at Dreams or The Dis can get too much on their high horse about ethics. However, I am sure that Jackie/Kathy et al were under great pressure from above and were in a difficult position with any kind of criticism against the owners (or owner's boyfriend/husband) so I understand their motives. And thanks JL for the information you've provided, and sorry to everyone else for getting into the weeds about my personal ban, it must be very boring! I am sure there are dozens of similar stories from people here who have had altercations with the DIS/Dreams.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I was given evidence that the ban was put in place by Webmaster Kathy. I
There is several people who have been unfairly banned. For example, Ryan and Skier Pete who contributed significantly to the boards and were banned because of Pete’s abuse of power.

While it may have been Mary Jo, Jackie, Kathy (or whoever) who pulled the trigger, any one of them could have spoken up.

If you play their go between it allows them to remain behind a curtain, continue to be toxic and not engage with the affected or their audience.

Has Jackie done tit all to get @Rufuscat or any of the other unfairly banned people unbanned? Oh, so her justification is it wasn’t her personally?

You decide to provide prove it wasn’t her. Fine I acknowledge it wasn’t her, but I argue she continues supports the utterly toxic system so she might as well have.

There is several people who have been unfairly banned. For example, Ryan and Skier Pete who contributed significantly to the boards and were banned because of Pete’s abuse of power.

While it may have been Mary Jo, Jackie, Kathy (or whoever) who pulled the trigger, any one of them could have spoken up.

If you play their go between it allows them to remain behind a curtain, continue to be toxic and not engage with the affected or their audience.

Has Jackie done tit all to get @Rufuscat or any of the other unfairly banned people unbanned? Oh, so her justification is it wasn’t her personally?

You decide to provide prove it wasn’t her. Fine I acknowledge it wasn’t her, but I argue she continues supports the utterly toxic system so she might as well have.
A year after the ban I did message Jackie asking if there was any chance of parole but never got a response, despite a 10+ year track record of being a helpful user on the boards. I don't tend to troll but Kevin was being awfully snobbish one week and he needed some push-back. A lifetime ban was a little excessive, suffice to say I stopped my Patreon contribution!

Reactions: 7
I will continue to keep bringing things to light to help everyone understand what *actually* has happened or does happen over there so that y'all don't have to speculate as much.
Okay so you have mentioned a couple of times you may be relying info from “whoever” who wants to have things posted here. Personally I think they could have emailed Rufus directly and/or actually unbanned them but whatever let’s roll with it. I look forward to all the 3rd hand truth we uncover.

Now that you have this childish and toxic game of telephone started up as their messenger can I ask a couple of clarifying things?

1. Will you post anything from people over there? Or only people who you like? Or will you be filtering? Censoring?

2. Can we have you rely messages and screenshots BACK or does the seeking of truth only go one direction?

If you post messages from them publicly on their behalf, I am going to reply to you. They continue to be toxic and their messages miss the point, so my replies are likely going to be negative. If you don’t want to be the messenger..then don’t? I don’t know what you expect.

Last edited:
A year after the ban I did message Jackie asking if there was any chance of parole but never got a response, despite a 10+ year track record of being a helpful user on the boards. I don't tend to troll but Kevin was being awfully snobbish one week and he needed some push-back. A lifetime ban was a little excessive, suffice to say I stopped my Patreon contribution!
That's too bad. I think a lot of good posters got run off by the moderation and clearly continue to, to this day, despite the temporary relaxing of rules. I applaud whatever your reply was to Kevin. I remember him as one of the worst in terms of snarkiness. If anyone said anything REMOTELY critical he clapped back in a tone that would have handed anyone else a ban. It was to a point that I didn't bother to post anything on the podcast board because I didn't want to get into an argument with him (and his supporters who rushed to back him up at any turn). Ironically enough, I actually really enjoy(ed) his restaurant reviews, like(d) hearing about trips to Hawaii or actual ABD trips (not advertisements for them) and thought it was sweet how he spoke of his childhood visit(s) to WDW with such fondness and gratitude to his parents for making it happen. But on the boards, yikes. Always tough to accurately determine intent with written posts but he seemed to assume all were personal attacks and went right back at you. All that said, I don't think he's posted in years.

If it's any consolation, karma appears to have finally bitten Webmaster Kathy. While her account is still active, she hasn't posted (at least under that account) since August when she was accused of anti-semitic remarks and issued a non-apology apology.

• Wow
That's too bad. I think a lot of good posters got run off by the moderation and clearly continue to, to this day, despite the temporary relaxing of rules. I applaud whatever your reply was to Kevin. I remember him as one of the worst in terms of snarkiness. If anyone said anything REMOTELY critical he clapped back in a tone that would have handed anyone else a ban. It was to a point that I didn't bother to post anything on the podcast board because I didn't want to get into an argument with him (and his supporters who rushed to back him up at any turn). Ironically enough, I actually really enjoy(ed) his restaurant reviews, like(d) hearing about trips to Hawaii or actual ABD trips (not advertisements for them) and thought it was sweet how he spoke of his childhood visit(s) to WDW with such fondness and gratitude to his parents for making it happen. But on the boards, yikes. Always tough to accurately determine intent with written posts but he seemed to assume all were personal attacks and went right back at you. All that said, I don't think he's posted in years.

If it's any consolation, karma appears to have finally bitten Webmaster Kathy. While her account is still active, she hasn't posted (at least under that account) since August when she was accused of anti-semitic remarks and issued a non-apology apology.
I completely agree with you about Kevin. There was so much I liked about him.

It’s been super frustrating because I really don’t want much from them, well maybe more from John. I just wanted a commitment to do better and to actually be better.

Like above, someone was petty enough to send a screenshot to JL to protect Jackie from being incorrectly blamed in an offhanded comment I hadn’t even noticed. Now I think they ban people AND they are petty.

If someone instead had reviewed the account, removed the ban and emailed them to welcome them back I would have been super impressed!! I would have wondered if things were getting better. I may have visited the boards.

Instead, all I see is the webmasters being the same, maybe worse actually (a la the thread title.)

Last edited:

Okay so you have mentioned a couple of times you may be relying info from “whoever” who wants to have things posted here. Personally I think they could have emailed Rufus directly and/or actually unbanned them but whatever let’s roll with it. I look forward to all the 3rd hand truth we uncover.

Now that you have this childish and toxic game of telephone started up as their messenger can I ask a couple of clarifying things?

1. Will you post anything from people over there? Or only people who you like? Or will you be filtering? Censoring?

2. Can we have you rely messages and screenshots BACK or does the seeking of truth only go one direction?

If you post messages from them publicly on their behalf, I am going to reply to you. They continue to be toxic and their messages miss the point, so my replies are likely going to be negative. If you don’t want to be the messenger..then don’t? I don’t know what you expect.
Take a deep breath, and please acknowledge that I have not disagreed with many of your points. I think you are getting yourself worked up when it isn't necessary. No one is knocking on your door. You can put the shotgun down if you find it is getting heavy.

I do not know whether any conversations between Webmasters took place or not, so I cannot offer anything concrete to you. You are welcome to speculate that one Webmaster had a problem and another pulled the trigger. It's entirely possible. I'm not sure if it is probable because Webmaster Kathy pretty much hates Jackie (and John and Kevin don't seem to be fans either). Nevertheless, it is possible. I didn't argue otherwise. so I would like to help you by pointing out there was never a disagreement there.

Also, I agree that The Dis is toxic. I agree that they unfairly ban people. You are talking to someone who was "unfairly banned" from more than the Disboards. I agree that the company and the people that still work there have not appropriately addressed nor made adequate (if any) reparations for the damage that has been done. And I share your view that they continue to give life (even if it is just life support) to something that should die.

Again, in an attempt to help you settle, I actually do feel that Jackie should have responded to @Rufuscat's email (friend of mine or not). It seems like something that would have been within her job description. And for what it is worth, I applaud @Rufuscat for trolling Kevin (as they stated they did). In my opinion, Kevin thinks far too much of himself, and he does not hesitate to troll others for his personal entertainment. And as they say, what goes around, comes around. Also, if you have seen screenshots of my Instagram stories that are posted in previous threads, you'll know that I'm not above trolling Kevin myself. Count me as Team @Rufuscat.

What I did was post a screenshot that might give @Rufuscat some insight, clarity, context, or additional information that they might find helpful. They have hearted that post, but you are so offended by it. Why? It feels like your discomfort is self-inflicted. You are suggesting that it is a "justification" of something, but I fail to see what it is supposedly justifying. No defense was presented. No justification was suggested. No one is saying that @Rufuscat deserved to be banned. It's just that they now see who instituted the ban....a fact and maybe some insight (depending on how @Rufuscat wants to put that piece into their puzzle).

If you are still determined to find something to argue about, I offer you this: Me posting a screenshot of an admin dashboard hardly allows anyone to remain behind a curtain. It would seem to be the opposite in that it pulls the curtain back a bit. In that same vein, wouldn't anyone reaching out be the definition of engaging? It may be indirect due to the way this site functions or other reasons, but an attempt has been made to engage nonetheless. I think those things are positive, and so I will continue to facilitate it when I am given the opportunity. And, perhaps, when registering for accounts on this site becomes easier, you will hear from people directly. For the sake of your blood pressure, I hope this is the case.

I find the descriptor "childish" very amusing considering the tone of your posts, but I'll indulge you by answering your questions this time:
1) If I am remembering correctly, you once accused me of not censoring myself enough. For that reason, it is an interesting that you are possibly implying that I might be too censored now. Regardless, how can I help you? What would you like me to retrieve and provide uncensored and unfiltered. If it is within my ability, I will help you this way so that you can relax.

2) What would you like me to relay back to the team uncensored and unfiltered? As you are aware, they already keep an eye on things here and can see for themselves, so this seems unnecessary. However, if it gives you peace of mind, I will deliver whatever message you may have if it is to someone that I am still in touch with. Does this ease your pain?

3) Your last question was what do I expect? When it comes to you, my expectations are very low. So the good news here is that so far you have met my expectations!

As stated before, you are welcome to keep fussing about stuff that isn't there. I would just think that it is disruptive to your life, so I want to assure you it isn't necessary. If you feel you must, though, there is nothing stopping you. I suspect we will all continue to read your outbursts with wide eyes.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
JL how you been!?! Would you ever return to the DIS if they asked or do a tap house talks!?

JL how you been!?! Would you ever return to the DIS if they asked or do a tap house talks!?
Hi! My life has ups and downs like everyone else, but I can't complain about much except for oak pollen. I complain loudly about oak pollen these days. :)

There was a time that I would have considered (emphasis on considered) returning to The Dis if Pete was gone, if John was detached, and if Corey was in charge. That time was prior to Dustin coming forward. Since Dustin came forward, this is no longer the case. I feel like my eyes were opened a bit more than they were before, and seeing the team choose to stay in place has been heartbreaking for me. I feel like I could have been supportive if they had separated themselves from John and started anew, but that didn't happen.

As much as I care for most of them and as much as I root for them to find happiness, I do not respect the way it's all gone down and wouldn't choose to participate anymore. That was cemented when they chose to dig their heels into the cesspool and "rebrand" themselves as Dis Unlimited. I felt ill when I saw that, physically ill.

In my personal talks with them (at least the ones that I keep in touch with), they know that I care about them individually but that I cannot support them collectively at The Dis. I've had some very painful and honest conversations with a few of them about taking responsibility, being transparent, and why the lack of it hurts the community so much (including me). They know where I stand. I know where I stand, and now you know where I stand. It isn't in anything that is connected to The Dis or Dreams Unlimited.

I don't know a lot about Tap House Talks. I think you guys have said that is something Ryno or Deni does? I am a little unclear if it is on personal channels or The Dis, but the answer is the same regardless. I would not participate. Ryno would never ask me to join him, and I would never accept an invitation. And while I do enjoy Deni and wish her much success with her personal channel (which does appear to be taking off), I am not entirely sure how Disney would feel about me appearing in an influencer's vlog. Most likely I wouldn't take the risk.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Latest post in the "studio" thread on DIS boards. I like what Craig says ... and I (almost) always have. But the issue I have is that the words have never or have VERY slowly translated to action and reality. I don't know if it's a lack of sense of urgency or an issue of his vision not matching with Corey and/or John's or something else. But I mean, ok you want to transition to be more "field correspondents" vs. sideline news analysts. Sounds great. Thinking about it isn't going to make it happen. How many park videos have you done lately that weren't dining reviews? And how many studio news shows?

Attachments

Reactions: 6
Craig no one outside the small pool of those who are deeply invested are booking a vacation with dreams unlimited travel based on what’s coming out. I’m sorry but that’s just the truth. The show is awful.

Reading his latest update it seems Craig wants the show to evolve into a group of character actors without a lead. I can buy into that if it's sassy, interesting people, less so if it's John & Kevin. The new studio is looking a lot better, I really hope they succeed in moving past this six month lull.

Reactions: 5
craig always talks this big game in replies and then does literally nothing to improve the show lmao. a face for radio and a voice for silent movies lol

• Haha
Just speculation but isn't it possible that John isn't funding the Dis Unlimited shows like before because revenues at the travel agency are down and he is being more realistic than spend like a billionaire Pete ?

Reactions: 3
Just speculation but isn't it possible that John isn't funding the Dis Unlimited shows like before because revenues at the travel agency are down and he is being more realistic than spend like a billionaire Pete ?
I'd hope so. He also has that pesky $900K debt on a Dreams AmEx. I don't think anyone would argue it's Pete who should have to repay it but legally speaking I think AmEx has a good argument that Dreams is liable. But in terms of content, I'd imagine they all already have annual passes so they could do "regular" park content that doesn't involve purchasing anything extra. I'll be interested to see whether he sends any of them out to cover D23.

Reactions: 3