The DIS Unplugged #11 We're still exactly the same. Maybe worse, actually

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm annoyed that Craig, Corey and Ryno are still there. I thought they were staying on because they were all so committed to changing and improving the channel. When that hadn't happened after enough time, then I thought maybe they were still there while they were looking for new jobs. But they're STILL THERE. Still churning out half-assed trash and not even pretending to care. Craig, you got a bleeping master's degree. For what?

Reactions: 9
The people still posting on Dis boards looking for a discussion or debate would do better to come over here. Seems like a lot of them can see through the BS of Corey and the team

Reactions: 14
Well, when you have this kind of response from the lead lazy motherfucker:

DIS Unlimited Podcast

And then there are these steaming pile of tit responses to a perfectly honest criticism of further laziness on the part of the crack DUT cruise line team:

Small nitpick and correction for the DCL Podcast

Basically, it's "We're really good at our job so it's not our fault that we put out crappy, outdated information. It's Disney's fault, plus you morons should know when we say "buffet", we don't REALLY mean "buffet" in the traditional sense and context that every other breathing human being uses".

The stupid twit, DreamsElaine, goes on a serious whine-fest in post #20. Craig weighs in in post #18, explaining why he is consistently useless across several of their online offerings.
Not for nothing, but aren't we past the pandemic enough for this stuff to be sorted out? How long can we blame pre pandemic vs post pandemic? You're a travel agent and should just know it. And if not a travel agent, your a social media network that is sponsored by a travel agency.

Reactions: 8
Everyone has seen the man behind the curtain. No one is afraid of the great and powerful OZ Dis anymore.

Reactions: 9
Well, when you have this kind of response from the lead lazy motherfucker:

DIS Unlimited Podcast

And then there are these steaming pile of tit responses to a perfectly honest criticism of further laziness on the part of the crack DUT cruise line team:

Small nitpick and correction for the DCL Podcast

Basically, it's "We're really good at our job so it's not our fault that we put out crappy, outdated information. It's Disney's fault, plus you morons should know when we say "buffet", we don't REALLY mean "buffet" in the traditional sense and context that every other breathing human being uses".

The stupid twit, DreamsElaine, goes on a serious whine-fest in post #20. Craig weighs in in post #18, explaining why he is consistently useless across several of their online offerings.
I am more forgiving when someone owns up to a mistake than when they start whining and making excuses. If I were a DU client and read her response, I'd want to transfer my reservation assap.

Reactions: 11
I'm annoyed that Craig, Corey and Ryno are still there. I thought they were staying on because they were all so committed to changing and improving the channel. When that hadn't happened after enough time, then I thought maybe they were still there while they were looking for new jobs. But they're STILL THERE. Still churning out half-assed trash and not even pretending to care. Craig, you got a bleeping master's degree. For what?
How old is Craig? Is he Rynos age because I can say he has a masters degree and a family and married Ryno just has nothing overall and is almost 40!?!?!

Reactions: 2
they’re definitely generating zero new $$ and have to just rely on their weird cult fanboys until they go bankrupt

Reactions: 4
How old is Craig? Is he Rynos age because I can say he has a masters degree and a family and married Ryno just has nothing overall and is almost 40!?!?!
He’s a little younger than Ryno. Around 35 or 36.

Reactions: 3
WDW Radio Show with Lou Mongello (after two weeks): 181

I have a feeling that The Dis Unlimited may be heading the way of poor old Lou Mongello, who was up there 10-15 years ago as one of the go-to places for WDW fans. His highest viewed video was 216,000 from 2013, it is now 181. You have to wonder why he bothers anymore in such a crowded marketplace.
Ha! How dare you question Lou Mongello!! He's one of the OG's of this whole thing! He would be on the Mount Rushmore of Professional Disney Fans, right next to Pete and Lou Testa.

Seriously though, I totally get why he drives a bunch of Professional Disney Fansites and Disney Fans nuts. But he figured out his "Disney Lane" and has just been driving steadily in it for 20 years now.

He's had some "misses" over the years because he oddly seems to bet wrong on technology alot. He has no Youtube following because he was doing Facebook lives as his main video shows for way too long.

But I think he has a very niche audience who supports him. He's got a small patreon, he's got a business deal with a Travel Agency, he's got some sort of motivational speech business. Plus unlike most of the people in the "professional Disney fan business", I think he had a little bit of money before he started doing this.

Reactions: 7
Ha! How dare you question Lou Mongello!! He's one of the OG's of this whole thing! He would be on the Mount Rushmore of Professional Disney Fans, right next to Pete and Lou Testa.

Seriously though, I totally get why he drives a bunch of Professional Disney Fansites and Disney Fans nuts. But he figured out his "Disney Lane" and has just been driving steadily in it for 20 years now.

He's had some "misses" over the years because he oddly seems to bet wrong on technology alot. He has no Youtube following because he was doing Facebook lives as his main video shows for way too long.

But I think he has a very niche audience who supports him. He's got a small patreon, he's got a business deal with a Travel Agency, he's got some sort of motivational speech business. Plus unlike most of the people in the "professional Disney fan business", I think he had a little bit of money before he started doing this.
It's good to know that Lou is popular on other platforms & has other income streams, I was always very fond of him & his content way back. He pioneered live video broadcasts from the Park ages ago, long before park wifi was a thing. I just checked out his Facebook content and it is quite impressive - in May he's doing a 'WDW Radio On The Road' in London. I wonder when the Dis Uncensored crew will make their next trip across the Pond?
---
Corey "President of the Dis" Martin falling in line to John Magi once again.

He has been in such a creative roll with Pete gone. :rolleyes:
Wow, Corey really got prickly on that thread. As an example: " Maybe you need to reread the guidelines before you continue to openly question the moderation and my decision to delete the thread. You’ve amassed 23 warnings." Jesus, it's like being at school and being told off by the Principal.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Wow, Corey really got prickly on that thread. As an example: " Maybe you need to reread the guidelines before you continue to openly question the moderation and my decision to delete the thread. You’ve amassed 23 warnings." Jesus, it's like being at school and being told off by the Principal.
And then he went on to whine about having to do his literal job and review feedback that he specifically requested:

"I’ve spent much time recently filling a void on the Community Board by listening to the feedback I asked for."

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Like @Rufuscat, I’m so glad to hear Lou’s still out there doing his thing and seemingly doing well for himself. Certainly nothing wrong with finding your target audience and sticking with it. IIRC he was in some sort of sales before launching WDW Radio. I should go back and revisit some of his stuff; in retrospect a lot of it gave me about the closest vibes you’ll come to a Disney Bob Ross. Just a nice leisurely chat/virtual walk with Lou and whoever else showed up and it felt like a nice warm blanket.

Reactions: 5
Not sure if anyone watches the Dreams Unlimited Travel videos but John has been doing a lot of interviews on that channel and he has one eye that is so droopy, to the point where unless it's a one off swollen eye I would have thought maybe he had a stroke or something. I gave it a few videos since I know many are recorded in bulk, but it's been about two months of those and it's still there and I wonder if there are health things going on that have delayed him joining the Tuesday show, especially since that's a weekly commitment instead of a bulk recording commitment...

Not sure if anyone watches the Dreams Unlimited Travel videos but John has been doing a lot of interviews on that channel and he has one eye that is so droopy, to the point where unless it's a one off swollen eye I would have thought maybe he had a stroke or something. I gave it a few videos since I know many are recorded in bulk, but it's been about two months of those and it's still there and I wonder if there are health things going on that have delayed him joining the Tuesday show, especially since that's a weekly commitment instead of a bulk recording commitment...
It is quite pronounced isn't it? Compared to two years ago here:

and now, it does appear he has had some kind of medical issue:

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6