The DIS Unplugged #10 We’re Not Happy to be Here

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The whole team needs to go, but John and Kevin definitely need to go from the show.

They don't want to be there and everyone knows they don't want to be there. There is a reason they stopped doing the show years ago. Its like when your dad leaves to go to work one morning and never comes home. Then he shows up at the door 7 years later, after his new girlfriend took all his money and ruined his life. Sorry, dude we don't want you back.

Also their whole act is tired. The whole condescending snark and righteous outrage at everything from waiters with HR problems to ramps that are not ADA complaint to people who don't have alot of money; it just doesn't work anymore after everything that allegedly took place at their company.

Reactions: 18
Also their whole act is tired. The whole condescending snark and righteous outrage at everything from waiters with HR problems to ramps that are not ADA complaint to people who don't have alot of money; it just doesn't work anymore after everything that allegedly took place at their company.
As I've said, 100% seriously, Kevin was making way less than $20 an hour as a kindergarten teacher not that terribly long ago. Go back 15 years or so, and Kevin wouldn't be making a penny more an hour than those people he so readily berates now.

Reactions: 8
John and Kevin had balls of steel to talk about that waiter being inappropriate after what just went on at their company.

Reactions: 11
As I've said, 100% seriously, Kevin was making way less than $20 an hour as a kindergarten teacher not that terribly long ago. Go back 15 years or so, and Kevin wouldn't be making a penny more an hour than those people he so readily berates now.
I'm sure when he was teaching kindergarten classes, he was spending the summers taking 5 figure ABD trips.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
But if you say anything about it, Kevin will tell you he earned it and deserves to treat himself.

No, Kevin, you did not earn it shilling ABD trips. You lucked into a partner that built a brand on the backs of multiple victims of sexual abuse.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
When I used to watch Pete & Kevin trying to out Gucchi & out Concierge each other I always thought 'how many of your clientele is this appealing to?' They must be bored silly. And why are they being allowed to talk about this for half an hour without interruption? In hindsight it was a toxic culture, overseen & blessed by John. Interrupt Pete's or Kevin's bragging and woe betide you. Now we are left with Kevin's solo whining with the dead eyes of Craig & Ryno looking on. They need to get rid of J&K and bring in some fresh blood fast. Does anyone know if Ryno has finished his essay?

When I used to watch Pete & Kevin trying to out Gucchi & out Concierge each other I always thought 'how many of your clientele is this appealing to?' They must be bored silly. And why are they being allowed to talk about this for half an hour without interruption? In hindsight it was a toxic culture, overseen & blessed by John. Interrupt Pete's or Kevin's bragging and woe betide you. Now we are left with Kevin's solo whining with the dead eyes of Craig & Ryno looking on. They need to get rid of J&K and bring in some fresh blood fast. Does anyone know if Ryno has finished his essay?
He will never finish it hence why he’s pushing 40 reviewing the newest cupcakes from beaches and cream. Lazy unmotivated and entitled.

He will never finish it hence why he’s pushing 40 reviewing the newest cupcakes from beaches and cream. Lazy unmotivated and entitled.
I think 2020 broke him. He seemed like he was in a much better place pre-lockdown.

Reactions: 11
I wonder if this new policy will affect Kevin

“Disney cracks down on third-party tour guides, forsaking their clients”
Well, since Kevin only has his TA license in order to take free trips on the company dime, and write off everything else as a "business expense" (if it's not already going on company CC's), any new "policy" would have little to no effect on him. Dude isn't answering any phones, or schlepping around with clients leading tours. He's on the occasional vlog (reluctantly), goes on the trips for free, and attends whatever meet and greet they set up with him and John, and that's it.

I wonder if this new policy will affect Kevin

“Disney cracks down on third-party tour guides, forsaking their clients”
Like ProfessorFate said, this isn’t targeted at travel agents. This is more for people who set up their own tour businesses and show people around the park as a business, like if I were to charge $200 a day to do EPCOT tours on top of park admission. I don’t get the argument how this supposedly helps guests with disabilities, but I‘m not the one getting trespassed for doing so.

Reactions: 3
I always thought it was a missed opportunity for vloggers to do private video or live streams. I’m sure this new rule would exclude such things.

Like ProfessorFate said, this isn’t targeted at travel agents. This is more for people who set up their own tour businesses and show people around the park as a business, like if I were to charge $200 a day to do EPCOT tours on top of park admission. I don’t get the argument how this supposedly helps guests with disabilities, but I‘m not the one getting trespassed for doing so.
Many of these third-party tour guides were assisting their clients to get DAS passes. This is what caused Disney to change the whole DAS pass system because there was so much abuse, now this is even a further crackdown on the people that encourage this travel.

I'm saying he isn't even a travel agent.

He's just a hanger-on suckling on John's Dreams Unlimited teat while maintaining an illusory license (if he even has one) for the sole purpose of appearances and to justify being on the ABD trips and expense any money he might spend on said trips. He'd rather charge up the scooter and chug on off to the LV store than spend any more time than absolutely necessary with the clients.

Reactions: 7
I'm saying he isn't even a travel agent.

He's just a hanger-on suckling on John's Dreams Unlimited teat while maintaining an illusory license (if he even has one) for the sole purpose of appearances and to justify being on the ABD trips and expense any money he might spend on said trips. He'd rather charge up the scooter and chug on off to the LV store than spend any more time than absolutely necessary with the clients.
What does John see in Kevin? It's a mystery to me, it's certainly not charisma with all that whining. Kevin is one of those strange whiny Disney whores who lives in Orlando but doesn't go to the parks because he's bored of it all yet his livelihood depends on the Mouse. Craig & Rino are settling into that somewhat dispiriting reality and I think they know it, approaching middle age having to enthusiastically review the latest cupcake. I think Ryno must be on the edge, I worry for his mental health.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.