The DIS Unplugged #10 We’re Not Happy to be Here

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@The Mando can you give us the real estate heavy reasoning as to why you weren’t a fan of Drake? He seemed pretty unserious (he was like 22 so that’s not a surprise) so it would make sense when you’re trying to make this business work.

It’s also safe to assume Pete hired him as his personal eye candy? How was he introduced into the MTO/DIS world?
I’ve tried to respond to this twice and can’t get it below like 19 paragraphs and it’s all very dry because I have to explain real estate and inspection stuff in it so I don’t know how to respond without going off on 18 side tangents.

I introduced Pete and Drake. A buyer of mine mentioned his friends younger brother recently graduated and wanted to get started in photography and videography and Pete was looking for a producer for MTO because he kept having to pull Fiasco, so I figured he could get early work experience.

Then he saw he could make a lot more selling houses and wanted in, by that point Pete was obsessed with him and Pete felt I had Been ‘building a loyal army to myself’ and he had no employees that were more loyal to him than they were to me, so he wanted Drake.

Anytime something happened that Drake didn’t like, he would complain to Pete and then Pete would flip out on me and tell him he didn’t have to do what I said, which led to Drake being very ill informed on how to do his job properly and a lot of expensive mistakes were made. He didn’t want to learn and then when he failed he pointed fingers at anyone he could and would say he ‘wasn’t trained properly’…. Like, yea? You sure aren’t.
---
And what was with his playing video games with Drake, late at night, for others to watch? That was sooo weird.
Anything for attention and to create a following for himself.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I’ve said in the past I’m not a DVC person but I do check in on DVC Fan from time to time.

I‘m not sure if getting out of the DIS Universe helped them, but it seems whatever they did to keep the ball rolling in spite or despite of the DIS Drama should’ve been the DIS’ blueprint. Instead it’s almost 2024 and they’re just now getting to a new studio. I’m not saying DVC Fan’s perfect by any means but they’re proof that they got their DIS association washed off and are still going strong.

Related: I was trolling DIS Boards and Ryno apparently has his own thread for questions, comments, suggestions, etc. We’re still waiting Ryno.
IMG_0414.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I’ve said in the past I’m not a DVC person but I do check in on DVC Fan from time to time.

I‘m not sure if getting out of the DIS Universe helped them, but it seems whatever they did to keep the ball rolling in spite or despite of the DIS Drama should’ve been the DIS’ blueprint. Instead it’s almost 2024 and they’re just now getting to a new studio. I’m not saying DVC Fan’s perfect by any means but they’re proof that they got their DIS association washed off and are still going strong.
I had my doubts but Paul and Amy really have done well with the DVC Show. The cohosts all have their own personalities and opinions, there seems to be a genuine connection between the personalities.

I think adding Panda was a good move, at least he likes Disney and seems to enjoy being there.
It’s a shame after all these years the DIS Team can’t seem to pivot the way the DVC Team has.
Although I do think at this point there’s probably so much baggage and processing that needs to be done, they may need some fresh perspectives to liven things up.

Related: I was trolling DIS Boards and Ryno apparently has his own thread for questions, comments, suggestions, etc. We’re still waiting Ryno.
The most hilarious part of this is that Ryno himself started the thread in September and said, "Hi! I'm going to start a thread here that I will check regularly..." And then he replies four pages later in December with "Sorry. I'm not used to checking the boards, so I'll try and make it a habit." Umm, YOU started the thread! :rolleyes:

The sheer lack of basic effort is just infuriating. Things like put a thumbnail for the Tuesday show up early (make it generic if you don't know yet what you're talking about but by Sunday/Monday you should have a pretty good idea if you're trying to be at all prepared) and then turn on the 'notify me' feature or whatever to remind the audience when you go live. And there's such minimal interaction in the comments. Like some comments, answer some questions -- people appreciate that. And if you want a discussion thread on the DIS about the episode, post it immediately after, not several days later when most of the audience has watched and forgotten. And interact there as well!

Reactions: 9
Lazy unpolished and no effort. Team sealed its own fate. I will be amazed if they take their winter hiatus given the minimal effort for a once a week show and a half ass park vlog but I guess when John is paying you without Pete’s accountability this is what happens.

Reactions: 5
Yeah, it's like who gives a damn any more? They're barely trying. They're far from the only game in town. Meanwhile, Tom Corless is bitching in yet another interminable "honest review" about how much he hates a logo and how Walt would probably jump out the window of Cinderella Castle if he saw it. Like he sucks too, but at least he's trying.

Reactions: 8
I unsubbed again a few weeks ago, just couldn't support John when JL finally said how he truly was. I wasn't watching their boring weekly anyway.

I unsubbed again a few weeks ago, just couldn't support John when JL finally said how he truly was. I wasn't watching their boring weekly anyway.
And their stans are just as bad as they are. Hypocritical SJW's when it is convenient and easy for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Yeah, it's like who gives a damn any more? They're barely trying. They're far from the only game in town. Meanwhile, Tom Corless is bitching in yet another interminable "honest review" about how much he hates a logo and how Walt would probably jump out the window of Cinderella Castle if he saw it. Like he sucks too, but at least he's trying.
Exactly.
They clearly don't care anymore, why should I?

Reactions: 3
Weekly episode just ended with no comments here. No one cares.
No one over there cares, either. Webmaster Jackie diligently makes a post every week about the podcast, trying to start a conversation about it. 4 out of the last 5 posts have had zero replies. The one that did get a few comments (3, to be exact) was the episode where they said goodbye to Erica. Only 2 of the comments were saying goodbye to Erica. The 3rd asked a question about another topic, which no one (not even Jackie) answered. It's time to give up on the podcast and focus their attention (and time, and money) on other things.

Reactions: 11
No one over there cares, either. Webmaster Jackie diligently makes a post every week about the podcast, trying to start a conversation about it. 4 out of the last 5 posts have had zero replies. The one that did get a few comments (3, to be exact) was the episode where they said goodbye to Erica. Only 2 of the comments were saying goodbye to Erica. The 3rd asked a question about another topic, which no one (not even Jackie) answered. It's time to give up on the podcast and focus their attention (and time, and money) on other things.
Like updating resumes and preparing for depositions.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
With the exception of the obvious, I don’t see the team as victims. JL’s comments are about the complacency, but the team seemed to love that Mean Girls atmosphere. To hear Panda, for example, still collaborate despite being warned shows how selfish and greedy this folks are.

Reactions: 5
Well, to be fair with the amount of moderation and post deleting that happens in that forum, it is tough to say how many posts are actually made in a topic. They only let the posts stay that won't offend John and his friends (OKW Lover, etc...).

The forum is the biggest clique forum I think I have ever seen and encapsulates everything wrong with the podcast.

With the exception of the obvious, I don’t see the team as victims. JL’s comments are about the complacency, but the team seemed to love that Mean Girls atmosphere. To hear Panda, for example, still collaborate despite being warned shows how selfish and greedy this folks are.
This is the topic that gets the most varying opinions.

Who was a victim, who just buried their head in the sand, and who was an enabler.

Pete made a lot of people money in a niche industry where there is not a ton of money being thrown around. Look at "DisTwitter", Youtube and look at how many other places where people tried to start their own "Disney Podcast/Vlog/Show" There are not many that actually still exist, let alone make money. Sure there are jokes about not having a 401k etc. but Pete was providing full time jobs to adults to cover Disney. It's easy to see how people could compromise themselves to work for Pete or to look the other way.

Reactions: 3
I think they were all (other than John and Kevin) both a bit victim and enabler. Pete being gone I think has accelerated the slide of the Dis, but even before the ship was taking in water. I was hoping the current crew could do something interesting. Nope. Just some flaccid crap you can get better produced in a lot of other locations.

Reactions: 6
Guys it's been a while since I've been heavily involved in this thread (the DIS people bore the tit out of me anymore), but I had a question and thought you all would be able to give me some honest answers...

I met this lovely woman at Publix who was working at the Aprons counter and thought I HAVE to invite her over for Christmas. What do you all think?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Guys it's been a while since I've been heavily involved in this thread (the DIS people bore the tit out of me anymore), but I had a question and thought you all would be able to give me some honest answers...

I met this lovely woman at Publix who was working at the Aprons counter and thought I HAVE to invite her over for Christmas. What do you all think?
Did she give you a recipe? If so, if that’s not love and friendship then I don’t know what is.

• Haha

I heard they're pretty selective when it comes to the holidays. I wouldn't wait any longer. Something better might come along for her. I would have an expensive prime rib roast and about 6 bottles of Dom in my shopping cart to try and convince her.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I think they were all (other than John and Kevin) both a bit victim and enabler.
As one of these people who is still trying to wrap her head around her time there, I think there is a lot to support this view of yours.

I tried to post the link to a video I came across in a Narcissistic Abuse Survivor group on Facebook, but I guess Tattle doesn’t support that. Instead, I’ll just type the information here because while it is simplified to create hit and run content, it was still helpful in explaining how both the abused and the abuser feed the toxicity of trauma bonding and why.

Again, I’m not excusing any behavior or poor life choices. My stand remains that we need to take responsibility for the choices we made that enabled this monster, but I do appreciate the explanation of the how the players in this story can fit into more than one category at the same time. It’s a toxic, co-dependent relationship in which both sides feel they have to prop up its existence.

6 CHARACTERISTICS OF TRAUMA BONDING
1. Intermittent Reinforcement: The abuser may alternate between moments of kindness or affection and episodes of abuse or mistreatment. This inconsistency can create confusion and attachment to the abuser during moments of apparent affection.

2. Isolation: The abuser may isolate the victim from family and friends, making the abuser the primary source of emotional support and connection.

3. Survival Instinct: The victim may bond with the abuser as a survival mechanism. In some cases, this helps the victim cope with the abuse, as they believe maintaining the bond is necessary for their safety or well-being.

4. Guilt and Shame: Victims of trauma bonding often experience feelings of guilt and shame, which can further reinforce the connection to the abuser.

5. Dependency: Victims may become emotionally dependent on the abuser for validation and self-esteem, believing they are unworthy or incapable of finding better treatment elsewhere.

6. Fear of Abandonment: The victim may fear the consequences of leaving the abuser, such as retaliation or abandonment, which can discourage them from breaking the bond.

Don’t know if this helps shed some light for others, but I hope it does.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.