The DIS Unplugged #10 We’re Not Happy to be Here

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was doing the weekly check to see if American Express have made any progress, when I found another court case from years back when Dreams attempted to sue a couple of former agents, the case was ultimately withdrawn…

Anybody have any insight in to what happened there?

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I was doing the weekly check to see if American Express have made any progress, when I found another court case from years back when Dreams attempted to sue a couple of former agents, the case was ultimately withdrawn…

Anybody have any insight in to what happened there?
I thought someone mentioned that DU went after a few agents using their non-compete contracts. My guess is that but it is only a guess.

Reactions: 2
I thought someone mentioned that DU went after a few agents using their non-compete contracts. My guess is that but it is only a guess.
I looked at the records and this was the jist of it.

Quite extensive records and these agents were ballsy, one of the complaints was them hosting a private party on a Podcast cruise to poach clients for their new business 😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
They really need to drop this show or at the very LEAST have anyone else host it - Craig is not the right choice, and I like Craig. It would improve slightly even having Ryno host. Craig is so awkward - and sometimes that is what I like about him in recorded vlogs, but in a live show it means a bunch of uncomfortable silent moments and really bad jokes (if you can call them jokes).
I agree with this. I’m assuming they have no budget for new talent but even Ryno is better thank Craig.

Reactions: 5
Hi @imjenilynn was there ever a time where you witnessed someone close to Pete like Theresa or Charles challenge Pete to his face or go to battle with him? Was anyone (not just them, but anyone) ever successful in winning when it came to him?

Reactions: 7
@The Mando can you give us the real estate heavy reasoning as to why you weren’t a fan of Drake? He seemed pretty unserious (he was like 22 so that’s not a surprise) so it would make sense when you’re trying to make this business work.

It’s also safe to assume Pete hired him as his personal eye candy? How was he introduced into the MTO/DIS world?

@The Mando can you give us the real estate heavy reasoning as to why you weren’t a fan of Drake? He seemed pretty unserious (he was like 22 so that’s not a surprise) so it would make sense when you’re trying to make this business work.

It’s also safe to assume Pete hired him as his personal eye candy? How was he introduced into the MTO/DIS world?
I can imagine Pete proclaiming "Bring me a Flynn Rider!" The Flynn Riders tend to be among the most handsome characters.

• Haha
@imjenilynn I remember a while back it was disclosed/alleged by Charles to either Sean or Dustin (I forgot which one) that Pete had a hidden camera in his powder room. I'm not sure what site it was but you responded that if it were true, you were appalled because you and your children used that bathroom.
Knowing Pete to the extent that you do, do you think that Pete was even that sick and twisted enough to do this? I mean... that's a indefensible criminal offense.
There is no doubt in my mind that he is sick and twisted enough to do it, and I basically had a meltdown when Charles came forward with this information. It isn't clear which bathrooms Charles was referring to when he said this, but if it was the one in the hallway across from our studio, all of us used that bathroom (including my children).
Hi @imjenilynn was there ever a time where you witnessed someone close to Pete like Theresa or Charles challenge Pete to his face or go to battle with him? Was anyone (not just them, but anyone) ever successful in winning when it came to him?
I never saw anyone challenge Pete to his face or go to battle with him, but I am aware that Corey did this regularly behind closed doors. I don't recall hearing of anyone else doing this...maybe Kevin? I would guess Corey had more losses than wins, but he was able to influence or persuade Pete sometimes. Protecting Jackie when Pete started to turn on her would be an example of this.
---
I swear I've heard both Craig and Ryno make comments about no retirement/no 401K before, so I would doubt ol Pete and John were matching their contributions at 3% or anything.
There was no 401k or retirement plans offered when I was there.
---
Thank you again for sharing your experiences, JL, they are really helpful in being able to put the pieces together. You've mentioned Theresa a few times. Given the family relationship with Pete that she had, did she ever challenge him or "fight back" when she felt something was out of sorts or unfair?

I'd imagine if anyone had the ammo to push back on Pete it would be his sister-in-law.
Teresa is probably one of the more abused people on the team because of her familial tie to Pete. During my time there, he was particularly manipulative when it came to her. He knew exactly which buttons he needed to push with her to reduce her to tears whenever it served his interests.

The awful truth is that the closer you were to Pete, the more cemented you were in his inner circle, the more abuse you suffered. So aside from the sexual abuse victims, my opinion is that Corey and Teresa are the most abused individuals at The Dis. And when you look at it this way, I got off easy in comparison.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
There is no doubt in my mind that he is sick and twisted enough to do it, and I basically had a meltdown when Charles came forward with this information. It isn't clear which bathrooms Charles was referring to when he said this, but if it was the one in the hallway across from our studio, all of us used that bathroom (including my children).

I never saw anyone challenge Pete to his face or go to battle with him, but I am aware that Corey did this regularly behind closed doors. I don't recall hearing of anyone else doing this...maybe Kevin? I would guess Corey had more losses than wins, but he was able to influence or persuade Pete sometimes. Protecting Jackie when Pete started to turn on her would be an example of this.
---

There was no 401k or retirement plans offered when I was there.
---

Teresa is probably one of the more abused people on the team because of her familial tie to Pete. During my time there, he was particularly manipulative when it came to her. He knew exactly which buttons he needed to push with her to reduce her to tears whenever it served his interests.

The awful truth is that the closer you were to Pete, the more cemented you were in his inner circle, the more abuse you suffered. So aside from the sexual abuse victims, my opinion is that Corey and Teresa are the most abused individuals at The Dis. And when you look at it this way, I got off easy in comparison.
Whoa. That is really sad.
Thanks for your response.

When was the first time you saw Pete's real narcissism? Was there a first moment you can recall where you caught a glimpse of the awfulness behind the facade?

In addition to that, what would you say was the biggest meltdown he had that you witnessed (aside from the ones he had with you directly)?

Reactions: 6
What continues to be so upsetting for me is that there’s been no apology by John for allowing this to go on whilst being the only one with any form of real authority to stop it.

He released that horrendous statement and seemed to think “Pete’s gone, it’s fine” when in reality the Amex thing probably had way more to do with his departure then it being due to anything discussed here.

Seems to me that there’s been no steps to actually rectify any wrong doing.

Reactions: 17
What continues to be so upsetting for me is that there’s been no apology by John for allowing this to go on whilst being the only one with any form of real authority to stop it.

He released that horrendous statement and seemed to think “Pete’s gone, it’s fine” when in reality the Amex thing probably had way more to do with his departure then it being due to anything discussed here.

Seems to me that there’s been no steps to actually rectify any wrong doing.
Excellent point.

By the way, earlier this week, Corey posted a picture of the new studio space on Patreon. It's very generic, but actually looks like a real commercial space and not something mashed out of a home or garage. My impression is that it's in an office building, it doesn't look like a retail space in a strip mall, but you never know. He said they would get the keys the next day and the space also had a separate room, but he didn't elaborate.

Reactions: 1
I just don't understand why they are investing so much into the Podcast space. Even at its most popular, the podcast never approached the numbers of other Disney YouTube channels. I can't believe the download numbers offset that number THAT much.

I get that they are not using the Podcast to create YouTube revenue, but drive customers to Dreams Unlimited Travel, but the market that appeals to is aging quickly. The number of milennials the Podcast format appeals to would be very small.

They need to innovate PAST the podcast, not do the same podcast they have been doing for the past 15 years. I thought that is what this rebrand was about, not just finding some new studio space to push out the same boring content.

Reactions: 13
Feels too late in the game for this.
Totally agree. If they had announced this within a couple of weeks of their world blowing up, it would have been news. But 6 months later, and it sounds like it's barely more than a WeWork space? Too little, too late.

Reactions: 8
Totally agree. If they had announced this within a couple of weeks of their world blowing up, it would have been news. But 6 months later, and it sounds like it's barely more than a WeWork space? Too little, too late.
Or if they'd used that time looking for a studio to ramp up the personalities and content of their vlogs. Or to at very least apologize to viewers and Patreons who just found out they were funding a very fucked up individual.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.