The DIS Unplugged #10 We’re Not Happy to be Here

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cori is using the current Zoom status as an excuse for poor showmanship and lack of effort. Adapting to a virtual format isn't a new process for the current team. They’ve all participated in Zoom shows throughout Covid.
Off the Rails was one of the best things they’ve done in a while and it started as a zoom show. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 13
…are we suppose to assume being in the same room is going to change this hot garbage show? They had a chance for a reboot it flopped.

Reactions: 9
I'm guessing the "tune in tomorrow" post from Corey will mean they announce they have a studio space. In a different reply, he said the following (bolding is mine) and I'm wondering what the DVC Show's unfortunate circumstances were that prevented their filming at Pete's house even earlier? Regardless, I don't think the difference is that they've had more time on Zoom. :rolleyes: And, sadly, I don't think a studio is going to fix the DIS' issues.

We welcome feedback. The team has never faced more criticism and attacks, especially since Pete left. Many expect us to pack our bags and shut the entire operation down. However, we are stronger than that and still struggle with a fallout you can't imagine. We acknowledge that the show is currently out of its element. A virtual show was not our first choice, but if we had continued to broadcast from Pete's house, what would the reaction have been? It's easy for outsiders to suggest finding a rent-a-studio as if we haven’t tried. Craig has done a phenomenal job within the limitations he faced. We are not the DVC show. It originated under our umbrella and transitioned to a virtual format much earlier due to their unfortunate circumstances, preventing them from recording at Pete's house. It’s not a flip of a switch. I wish it were. Stay tuned.
Why is he shading the DVC Show, Paul and Amy took the show and ran with it. I’ll admit I didn’t think they had it in them, but overall it’s a fun listen and yes, I know it’s an infomercial for DVC Rental Store but at least they seem like they want to be there.

Reactions: 10
To see the exterior of the house on Zillow after so many years of watching/listening to the show was definitely an eye opener. A perfectly normal house, but to listen to him, you'd think he was managing an estate.
It’s just like him bragging about the cheaply made designer bags and bracelets along with having to stay club level at every delete resort. All a front.

Reactions: 5
I'm guessing the "tune in tomorrow" post from Corey will mean they announce they have a studio space. In a different reply, he said the following (bolding is mine) and I'm wondering what the DVC Show's unfortunate circumstances were that prevented their filming at Pete's house even earlier? Regardless, I don't think the difference is that they've had more time on Zoom. :rolleyes: And, sadly, I don't think a studio is going to fix the DIS' issues.

We welcome feedback. The team has never faced more criticism and attacks, especially since Pete left. Many expect us to pack our bags and shut the entire operation down. However, we are stronger than that and still struggle with a fallout you can't imagine. We acknowledge that the show is currently out of its element. A virtual show was not our first choice, but if we had continued to broadcast from Pete's house, what would the reaction have been? It's easy for outsiders to suggest finding a rent-a-studio as if we haven’t tried. Craig has done a phenomenal job within the limitations he faced. We are not the DVC show. It originated under our umbrella and transitioned to a virtual format much earlier due to their unfortunate circumstances, preventing them from recording at Pete's house. It’s not a flip of a switch. I wish it were. Stay tuned.

But wait, Craig said for weeks that the Studio move was planned because they needed to find space closer to John and Kevin. Even after all the allegations against Pete came out, Craig was still insisting this was true.

I'd be curious about all the "rent a studios" they have been trying to find. Their entire format was built on the idea of just sitting around a table and discussing Disney. They could have filmed it in someone's living room with some good backlighting and it would have been lightyears better than what they have been putting out.

Reactions: 12
"Tune in tomorrow" got us...

A new 10 second intro with some ride footage
A new, no-personality travel agent alongside Jackie, Ryno, and Craig in zoom.
An announcement that they have found a new studio space and "hope" to be able to start 2024 with it. Craig, with zero enthusiasm, no inflection, and every ounce of monotone proclaimed: "yes, i know. it's very exciting."

Groundbreaking, Corey.
It feels like the REVOLUTION is underway!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Thinking of all the podcasts I listen to and they are almost all done via Zoom or in someone’s house like at the kitchen table.

I do listen to a couple of true crime ones like Dateline that have a proper studio and production but yeah, most of them use similar equipment to the Dis or frankly even more amateur.

The Disneyland audio show had a pretty basic set up that could be rough quality wise, but I overlooked that because the park content was there.

Absolutely no set up will compensate for lack of preparation or content.

Yea this social distanced fart sack method of switching in between zoom cameras is seriously for a beginner up and coming podcast.

Reactions: 6
Well, John and Corey are doubling down on the attachment of DUT and the YouTube channel. No disrespect to the new team member, Hannah, but was this really the best choice?

She seems perfectly nice and presents herself well, but putting a DUT agent on the show is a dumb, dumb move, in my opinion. It just further clouds the commentary and basically makes her a paid spokesperson.

WOOF those views... Doubling down on YT seems to be working out well for them.

1701813298206.png

1701813285873.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Yea this social distanced fart sack method of switching in between zoom cameras is seriously for a beginner up and coming podcast.
That’s exactly what the content that is being provided to us is sophomore, mediocre discussions about Disney without the allure or grandiose of being an inside Disney fan club who engages with their fan base. Amateur all the way through.

Reactions: 8
They really need to drop this show or at the very LEAST have anyone else host it - Craig is not the right choice, and I like Craig. It would improve slightly even having Ryno host. Craig is so awkward - and sometimes that is what I like about him in recorded vlogs, but in a live show it means a bunch of uncomfortable silent moments and really bad jokes (if you can call them jokes).

The new woman was fine, and I like that she has the parent perspective of someone who regularly takes their kid to the parks, but the whole show is rough.

Reactions: 6
Why is he shading the DVC Show, Paul and Amy took the show and ran with it. I’ll admit I didn’t think they had it in them, but overall it’s a fun listen and yes, I know it’s an infomercial for DVC Rental Store but at least they seem like they want to be there.
Corey is a bleeping liar and completely full of tit (go duck yourself Corey if you read this). The guy was just as much an enabler as anyone else in that environment, and even more importantly, a stifler of the truth once the news broke. Sure, webmaster Cathy became the fall guy after her rather “convenient” anti-semitism came to light making it easy for her to be the bad guy, but Corey talks through both sides of his mouth hole by begging for patience and understanding while simultaneously deleting posts as fast as his fingers can fly and slamming anyone who doesn’t give the “team” 18-24 months to come to grips with their situation and face their demons. Corey gets his paycheck from John Magi. End of story.

New studio? Gimme a break. There never was going to be a new studio. Kevin contributes nothing to any conversation besides the requisite whoring of DUT, and he looks like he’s providing a hostage proof of life video every time he’s on camera. And regardless, the “Bob Varley Studio” was a spare bedroom at Pete’s hose with only minimal decor on the walls within camera field of view, and lit by basic lights strung up haphazardly around the room. No acoustic tiling, no permanent control/producing space (it was a tiny corner of the room just off camera). Struggling with the Zoom format? Pretty sure they did DOZENS of shows via Zoom during the pandemic, way back in the dark ages of 2020-2021.

The DVC Show is absolutely an infomercial for the World of DVC, but curiously, they still provide decent informational content about the resorts, activities in the parks, and their roundtable discussions actually present differing opinions and insights.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.