The DIS Unplugged #10 We’re Not Happy to be Here

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do we have any lawyers in the house? New filing in the Amex/Dreams/PW suit but not sure what it means. I redacted the attorney names.

I HEREBY CERTIFY that xxxx, Esq. in my firm, with full authority to resolve this matter, had a substantive conversation with opposing counsel xxxx, Esq. and xxxxx, Esq. on October 25, 2023, in a good faith effort to resolve this motion before the motion Defendant Peter Werner’s Motion to Dismiss/Arbitration was noticed for hearing and the parties did not agree.
AmEx’s lawyer is notifying the court that they tried to resolve the pending Motion to Dismiss/Compel Arbitration without the involvement of the court.

AmEx wants to move the case along to resolution. DUT/Pete want to delay and set the motion for a hearing which would likely be in a few months.

Reactions: 9
So dumbed down just a little more for me - is this right:
AmEx wants to settle out of court, Pete wants to take it through the whole process?
Wonder why... Hmmm

Reactions: 3
AmEx wants to settle out of court, Pete wants to take it through the whole process?
Wonder why... Hmmm
Would it be because DUT and Pete are arguing over who is at fault and should pay AmEx back?

Reactions: 4
If they can't agree on who owes the money after all this time, it definitely makes me question (even more than I previously did) the seeming ease with which Pete stepped away from the business and is allegedly 'no longer associated with' them ... whatever that means. I don't think he's involved in the day to day but seems pretty unlikely he just walked away from the income. And if he did sell his stake, he obviously hasn't used the proceeds to make restitution to American Express.

Reactions: 5
Wonder why... Hmmm
Not quite. DUT/Pete have filed a Motion to Dismiss or have requested the court that it mandate arbitration allegedly required by the contract. Amex wants to resolve the pending motion out of court.

Amex and DUT/Pete’s lawyers can’t come to an agreement and the motion will have to be heard by the judge and either grant or deny what DUT/Pete are requesting.
---
Wonder why... Hmmm
Not quite. DUT/Pete have filed a Motion to Dismiss or have requested the court that it mandate arbitration allegedly required by the contract. Amex wants to resolve the pending motion out of court. Amex and DUT/Pete’s lawyers can’t come to an agreement and the motion will have to be heard by the judge and either grant or deny.

Not quite. DUT/Pete have filed a Motion to Dismiss or have requested the court that it mandate arbitration allegedly required by the contract. Amex wants to resolve the pending motion out of court.

Amex and DUT/Pete’s lawyers can’t come to an agreement and the motion will have to be heard by the judge and either grant or deny what DUT/Pete are requesting.
---

Not quite. DUT/Pete have filed a Motion to Dismiss or have requested the court that it mandate arbitration allegedly required by the contract. Amex wants to resolve the pending motion out of court. Amex and DUT/Pete’s lawyers can’t come to an agreement and the motion will have to be heard by the judge and either grant or deny.
Yes, it seems that Pete/DUT are pushing for the arbitration (their motion) but both sides are far apart on a number.

Reactions: 6
An upbeat Craig on today's show asked everyone 'Are we all in good spirits today?"and Ryno just sighs. Craig then asks "Are we going to have fun talking about Disney?" and Ryno pulls a pissed-off face. If you can't even be bothered to pretend to be happy on a weekly one hour Disney podcast you should probably look for a new line of work. I think he is now beyond bored.

Reactions: 23
An upbeat Craig on today's show asked everyone 'Are we all in good spirits today?"and Ryno just sighs. Craig then asks "Are we going to have fun talking about Disney?" and Ryno pulls a pissed-off face. If you can't even be bothered to pretend to be happy on a weekly one hour Disney podcast you should probably look for a new line of work. I think he is now beyond bored.
I suspect a bit of jealousy, tinge with envy about Craig’s career choices opening up with his new degree.

Reactions: 5
I have to add here I love the addition of Hannah (I think that’s her name). The parent perspective is great, I think she’s honest and not spitting out word vomit. I don’t know if it’s enough to save the show but I have to say I respect what she offers and says on the show and it’s a little bit of fresh air.

I have to add here I love the addition of Hannah (I think that’s her name). The parent perspective is great, I think she’s honest and not spitting out word vomit. I don’t know if it’s enough to save the show but I have to say I respect what she offers and says on the show and it’s a little bit of fresh air.
She’s boring as duck what’s this almighty parent’s perspective that she had added??? I also totally caught the vibe that Craig tried to be happy and Rynos loser ass dragged it down

Reactions: 6
I assume Hannah is a local. They need to bring in non-locals. Living there makes you forget what it's like to have to plan/save/prioritize for these trips.

Reactions: 12
do we think if craig leaves, the dis is officially done?
I suspect they would try to make it work for a few months, but within 6 months there would be no new content.

Craig is the Dis at this point. I just wish he started to execute whatever his vision for it is, not a continuation of Pete's original vision. Craig is the exact demographic they should be going after. They are still stuck going after empty nesters with lots of disposable income.

Reactions: 10
do we think if craig leaves, the dis is officially done?
And with his new Master of Arts degree he'd be crazy not to look elsewhere. That takes time, money and effort to get - if he's just going to stand still then what's the point?

Reactions: 7
Congratulations on the degree, anyone furthering their education in any way is to be applauded. That doesn’t excuse the fact that the Dis product has been lackluster and no effort for quite a long time. Everything seems pulled out of thier ass at the last moment as the saying goes. Only the delusional Stan’s believe that they are putting in so much work. The product shows otherwise.

Reactions: 11
She’s boring as duck what’s this almighty parent’s perspective that she had added??? I also totally caught the vibe that Craig tried to be happy and Rynos loser ass dragged it down
I think Ryno knows he is screwed with the possibility of Craig moving on at some point and he remained stagnant at his job.

And with his new Master of Arts degree he'd be crazy not to look elsewhere. That takes time, money and effort to get - if he's just going to stand still then what's the point?
Congrats on the degree he paid for off the back of a sexual predator. Bravo Craig! Get back to those videos about the best toilet on property or your review of this months specialty hotdog at Casey's

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Who’s the bald guy? I can’t force myself to watch. I do see he has the requisite wall filled with crowded shelves of toys, miniatures, and Funcos though, so he must be legit.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.