Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

qwikti

Chatty Member
Penny is my endurance icon. Next time I have to wait ages in the queue at the post office and feel like screaming, I’m going to channel Penny.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

klarakluckbag

VIP Member
I got burgled in 1997, and amongst the things that were stolen, were two amethyst rings. I think I've just spotted the stones, stuck to the front of the Archbishop's robe!! 😲.
I wonder if he can account for his movements on the night of 15th September that year?? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 24

Yel

Chatty Member
End of the day it's an advert for UK plc. Which really needs it. It's one of the few unique things in this country, may as well make use of all this stuff sitting around.

The money isn't all lost and the returns it'll generate vary greatly wildly from 80p for every £1 spent to £8 for every pound spent.

Reminds me a bit of all the complaints over refurbishing Westminster palace and the Elizabeth tower. Yes it cost millions, but it was in a real state. What's the alternative? Let a heritage building fall into disrepair then crumble to the ground and instead give the money so that everyone can buy a single tin of beans? The money wasn't lost, it was spent on artisans and a lift to make it accessible for the first time.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Em_gardener

VIP Member
She has been my very unexpected hero of the day. Actually I think I remember her conducting herself in a similarly dignified way during one of the ceremonies after the Queen died. She’s certainly got “presence” and looks amazing! I think I’m developing a crush 😅
Penny is 50! She doesn't look it! I love everything about her look today. She looks fab.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

peachhes

VIP Member
Unpopular opinion but I actually quite like Charles. Can see genuine happiness on his face

• Heart

gossipgal21

VIP Member
Penny is my endurance icon. Next time I have to wait ages in the queue at the post office and feel like screaming, I’m going to channel Penny.
She has been my very unexpected hero of the day. Actually I think I remember her conducting herself in a similarly dignified way during one of the ceremonies after the Queen died. She’s certainly got “presence” and looks amazing! I think I’m developing a crush 😅

• Haha

coconochanel

VIP Member
If you don't want to celebrate and don't agree with it that's up to you but let everyone else enjoy it. (y)

Reactions: 20