The Coronation of King Charles III

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She has been my very unexpected hero of the day. Actually I think I remember her conducting herself in a similarly dignified way during one of the ceremonies after the Queen died. She’s certainly got “presence” and looks amazing! I think I’m developing a crush 😅
Penny is 50! She doesn't look it! I love everything about her look today. She looks fab.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Ok, I was laughing earlier, but Penny's doing incredibly with that sword. I didn't realise how long she had to hold it still. I can't even carry a shopping bag for two minutes without needing to rest it and wiggle my fingers.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
It feels like they can't wait to have it done with. Is the same date as the queen's coronation or something? I think there's some significance to the date.
May 6th was King George VI (Charles’s Grandfather) coronation. It was also Princess Margaret’s (Charle’s Aunt) wedding anniversary as well as the death of King Edward VII (Charles’s great-great Grandfather) so making George V King that day. Let’s be real though, it’s to piss off that head Megan some more. 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Ok, I was laughing earlier, but Penny's doing incredibly with that sword. I didn't realise how long she had to hold it still. I can't even carry a shopping bag for two minutes without needing to rest it and wiggle my fingers.
She's been working on her arms in the gym for sure.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Apparently this is the first time women have ever sung in the choir at a coronation! (In the UK)

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I hope they’re going to give Charlotte something very beige for lunch, wouldn’t want her to stain that lovely white outfit 😂 my nerves wouldn’t hack it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I love how even from a distance you can see Harry's bald patch in the crowd, I keep focusing on it.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I can’t believe they have cut this service in half since the Queen’s coronation

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Bit harsh of Huw to keep talking about Cammie and Charlie retiring… like, they only just got crowned!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Not gonna lie I'd actually like to be associated to royals or those upper class lot. The connections must come in super handy. I've always wondered how that half of the privilege live, especially the posh friends of the royals.
I'd recommend reading the Chips Channon Diaries for some idea what it was like in the 30s and 40s.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.