The Coronation of King Charles III

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
With only a few weeks to go until King Charles coronation corrination I thought I'd start a thread. Is anyone having a party?, watching it on tv? going to the concert etc?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I've booked the week after off work because of the extra bank holiday, so I only need to use 4 days of holiday.

I'll probably have it on in the background while posting on Tattle, as I did with the Queen's funeral.

I'm going to watch it and I expect my mum will as well, for the histroical signifcance. My mum was born one year after dear old Liz was crowned so missed that, and I was born in 1983 so this is my first chance to see such an event.

Not aware of any street parties locally but it would be fun to experience one if there was.

I will watch the actual ceremony at the Abbey.

I won't watch the rolling 12 hour news coverage that will be on every channel.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I'm working 😕 till lunch time so I'm going to record so when my mum gets here we can watch together when I'm home and I'm making afternoon tea same as we did for the platty joobs. I'm prepared this time I have bought Mr kiplins scone and vicky cake mix and I couldn't get either last time. I'm actually quite looking forward to it 🇬🇧

Hoping to have afternoon tea in the garden. I bought a cake stand and some pretty mis matched china from the charity shop for the jubilee.

Hidden away two boxes of these from Aldi 🤞 they make it!!

20230423_191819.jpg

Reactions: 5
My mums street is closed for a street party, we did the same for the Queens jubilee last year and it was lovely. I am not an overly massive fan of Charles (team Diana forever), but it's still a huge moment in history, and I want my little one to partake in all the festivities!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I've ordered an afternoon tea for 1 to be delivered on the day, got some fizz from Windsor Castle on my recent trip, plus some cake flavoured tea and a £1 flag from a tat shop outside 😄 gonna wear me a tea dress and be all British about it lol

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I’ll watch the coronation itself on TV but that’s about it. There aren’t any street parties round here.

If the weather's good we might go to the local funday / party thing at the park.
It'll be on in the background if we stay home.

Reactions: 1
I’m hosting a garden party for all our friends and family (weather permitting)
It’s my first time hosting something like this and I can’t wait!
hoping to do a big bbq with lots of delicious sides! Also going to make a huge Victoria sponge.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I got Costa's email abou their coronation sandwich + Flowerboxes Coronation flowers. Do I need the M&S cufflinks too? :LOL:

• Haha
Nothing. The local community group has organised some fun fair rides for the kids. May pop down if it's not pissing down with rain.

That's about the extent of our participation in this household.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I quite like things like this, but I always feel a little as if I am admitting a dirty little secret when I do so 😂

We are seeing In The Night Garden live (which will be fascinating I am sure) but I hope I will catch some, I do like looking at Kate’s outfits.

Reactions: 1
I can't wait! Will be watching on television or a live stream and it will be a late night as I'm on the other side of the world. I want white gowns and tiaras (including a little tiara for Princess Charlotte)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.