The Coronation of King Charles III #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Prince Louis is adorable with his waving at the crowd! I always feel quite sorry for Prince George because he seems to be far more shy than Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis but I suppose he's probably quite aware one day he will have the responsibility of being the Monarch.
Obviously they are all very young and who knows what the future holds but I’ve always thought he may decide not to be King and let Charlotte take the throne. He does seem painfully shy but I’m sure with the support of his parents he will grow into his role.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
And yet we're still in a cost of living crisis
I’m so so torn between enjoying all the ceremonies and traditions, and sickened about how much it all costs when so many (including myself) can barely afford to live.

Reactions: 22
Aw man, I whipped the cream for my strawberries and cream for one second too long and now it's separated and gone gross #coronationproblems

• Sad
Reactions: 7
In the way of TV coverage form around the world free advertising worth tens of millions of £££........
Think of all the hotels that are full in London , shops , restaurants etc
I was in central London yesterday and walked through the park to the Mall and then through to Covent Garden. I was amazed how many international tourists were around. I thought they would have avoided it for busyness and expense. It has brought in a lot of tourists.

Reactions: 8
In the way of TV coverage form around the world free advertising worth tens of millions of £££........
Think of all the hotels that are full in London , shops , restaurants etc
But does it offset the millions spent on them?

Reactions: 4
I'm not really for the RF at all,it's so outdated. I'm also fascinated though.

I’m so so torn between enjoying all the ceremonies and traditions, and sickened about how much it all costs when so many (including myself) can barely afford to live.
It is going to bring a fortune into the economy which will far exceed (multiple times over) the cost of the Coronation.

Stats doing the rounds are that £100-150million has been spent, but it will boost the economy by £1bn

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I think the kicker for me was that they didn’t use a tiara that they already had, they instead commissioned a new one for Kate and another for her daughter. That’s tone deaf.

• Angry
Reactions: 13
Unfortunately even if every penny was put into the cost of living we would still be in a similar position this time next week.
---
But how does that filter down to the average person?

The money ‘saved’ from not doing it all wouldn’t filter down to the average person either

Reactions: 20
When they are driven through the masses standing in the rain, seeing the efforts made by those less well off than them, do you think they ever feel embarrassed at the deference given? They have to eat, sleep, drink water, poo, blink - just like everybody else. And they die. Yet, they are treated as gods.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
When they are driven through the masses standing in the rain, seeing the efforts made by those less well off than them, do you think they ever feel embarrassed at the deference given? They have to eat, sleep, drink water, poo, blink - just like everybody else. And they die. Yet, they are treated as gods.
Honestly, no. It’s normal to them

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Next question ................Will Harry be in the photos & on the balcony or will he hop back on his private jet make to the wife & cry in her arms how mean everyone was to him.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.